Bambino Getting Boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It seems that Bambino is pretty set about the designs on their diapers. They haven't changed any of their designs in years. Top me, it's getting a little stale. Of course they're other places to shop and get something different, but, I'd like to see something refreshing.

Anyone else feel this way?
Any design ideas that you can come up with just to see for fun?

I'm inclined to agree...also the fact that the owners are not AB/DL - just good capitalists. While they paved the way - the diapers are not soft or babyish other than the frontal landing zones and their tired designs.

For a niche market they seem to have a good understanding of what people are willing to compromise for (style vs function). Their sales will only rise to a point, then [ideally] level off and stay there. Usually a design change will be considered when a significant slump in sales is observed and positively linked to stale design.

Bambino is supposed to be releasing a new diaper this week. I started a thread about it, you should check it out.

Entity said:
For a niche market they seem to have a good understanding of what people are willing to compromise for (style vs function). Their sales will only rise to a point, then [ideally] level off and stay there. Usually a design change will be considered when a significant slump in sales is observed and positively linked to stale design.

Well said Entity - obviously they have been successful. And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't purchased many cases over the years. I have a great appreciation for what they have done and continue to do.

The issues that irk me are the same across all the AB/DL niche manufacturers (AB Universe, Snuggies, etc...) - namely diapers that look the part but are rigid and are not very soft like the poly-backed baby diapers of years past. But I admit that is a personal preference - people like the look and the crinkle. It seems in China - where most of the manufacturing is done for these types of diapers - they are adapting very utilitarian diapers and throwing pretty landing strips on front. I do keep waiting for someone to attempt something more like a baby diaper looks today - but I am thankful for the growing number of companies and everything that gets brought to the table. Don't want to sound grumpy about it - it's kind of amazing.

To DPRLuv85's point (and I did see that thread) I am curious what Bambino will bring to the table.

I've seen bambinos in person a few years ago when I ordered a sample to wear over my suit, yeah, not the best money can buy. The plastic is not the crinkle most remember, in fact, it's the least buttery" plastic I think I've ever seen (besides depends or any other standard diapers). Oh yeah, and much like Cushies, the designs are once agin stolen from China with no credit to the original designer.

They're perfect for me. I'm 28 and their style is pretty much identical to the diapers I wore as an actual baby.

They always seem pretty soft to me, inside and outside. I've got no complaints at all.

That said, it'd be nice if their new diaper is a departure from their current line-up - maybe something with an all-over print on the Bellissimo core.

boring because they actually ship what they sell and dont screw people over and have good products? there is also the fact that many abdl diapers are double the price of theirs...hmmmm lots of bambino haters lately methinks controlled opposition from other abdl company's...

PaddedWife said:
boring because they actually ship what they sell and dont screw people over and have good products? there is also the fact that many abdl diapers are double the price of theirs...hmmmm lots of bambino haters lately methinks controlled opposition from other abdl company's...

Not haters per se. When you like a product or company, you will often want to make suggestions or comments that you feel will make it easier for you to buy their products.

Bambino's Bellisimo is my goto diaper that nobody else in the ABDL world has quite conquered yet.

The new DC Amor comes damn close and has a decent design too!

Snuggies has shitty tapes, ABU has shitty padding that clumps easily during intensive DL play and have next to no absorbtion, Aww So Cute is expensive as fuck and overpriced.

Also, all of those in the list except Snuggies have shipping/supply problems.

PaddedWife said:
boring because they actually ship what they sell and dont screw people over and have good products?.

This is quite a bit of it I'm sure. Bambino was one of the first ABDL specific diapers and they understand how a business can be successful. I also think that a lot of people think a tape panel is boring when we have all-over printed diapers.

And that's another good point about the customer service, Bambino has consistently been one of the best in the ABDL world, and IMO only rivaled by the new ABU in the customer service aspect.

PaddedWife said:
there is also the fact that many abdl diapers are double the price of theirs...
To be fair to Snuggies and ABU, a case of 80 from either of them is pretty much the same cost as a case of 48 Bambinos, so the prices are pretty damn close if you buy a lot.

PaddedWife said:
hmmmm lots of bambino haters lately methinks controlled opposition from other abdl company's..

I also wouldn't doubt this, I would classify Bambino as "King of The Hill" or "The Big Dog" of the ABDL diaper world and thus the others might want to discredit or shame people into buying competing products.

Really, a lot of this has to do with AB needs vs DL needs. ABs tend to want/prioritize all printed diapers with cutesy designs and DLs tend to want/prioritize padding that can hold up to masturbation. As a person who lends more to the DL side, I actually LIKE cutesy diapers too.

I'm curious to see what happens with this, the ABDL specific market is still relatively young and back in 2006 it was basically Bambino and Classy Comfort (which afaik came and went too quickly to really even consider a competitor in that market). Now we have tons of diapers targeted at us and there are so many choices. This means Bambino should be considering new products to compete as well. But it also means that:

ABU can't get away with having a subpar diaper that holds no more than a grocery store diaper in the same price range as Snuggies.
Aww So Cute can't get away with not answering emails,not shipping shit and charging $25 to ship 10 diapers within the US.
Snuggies can't get away with having shit tier tapes.

This is capitalism at work people, this is how things should be, the next decade of ABDL diapers should be interesting!

DPRLuv85 said:
Bambino is supposed to be releasing a new diaper this week. I started a thread about it, you should check it out.
I know, and I made this thread after reading it. The diaper they are releasing is for moderate capacity, right?

I'm just tired of seeing the same tape panel design. I would love to see them mix things up a bit.

I too grew up during the tape panel designs of diapers. I would just like to see a new print is all.

PaddedWife said:
I didn't say anything negative about the product or their customer service, I simply meant that the prints are stale.

Don't insert your far off assumptions. I haven't bought any other AB/DL diaper.
Does it look like I have a diaper company? I drive a fucking 18 wheeler. I was just simply expressing my wish for something different because I'm tired of seeing the same print over and over again. Is there a fucking problem with that? Do I not have a right to express my opinion without being labeled a "hater" as you state? You've thrown a ton of accusations at me because you automatically assume I'm some kind of representative from another company? I haven't mentioned any other company, anywhere in that post.

(Insert "Be Calm" meme here)

Last edited:
MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I know, and I made this thread after reading it. The diaper they are releasing is for moderate capacity, right?

I'm just tired of seeing the same tape panel design. I would love to see them mix things up a bit.

I too grew up during the tape panel designs of diapers. I would just like to see a new print is all.

Yes, they are advertising their new diaper as moderate capacity. With that being said, I find a diaper with insane capacity worthless. I'm quite ok with a moderate capacity diaper because I'm not a marathoner. Usually after wetting it a few times and after only a few hours (maybe five at the very most) I'm ready to have some fun and then take it off. I'm not the least bit interested in trying to wear the same diaper for 10 hours. I know there are certainly some people that do like to see "how long they can make it" in the same diaper. I'm not knocking that, I'm just saying its not for me.

I'm really hoping they go with an all over print. The other side of this, is they may be just improving an existing diaper; which would be a little anti-climatic. Only time will tell, there are only two days left in the week!

my statement was generalized and not directed at any one person, i tend to look more than post on this forum and figured i would give my .02 on what i see going on in the abdl world. personally i see allot of company's who sell overpriced and under performing diapers and do not have years of good track records who have a bunch of people saying they are great on this forum i think that is suspect.

I agree about the tape panel. It would be nice to see new tape panel designs. Bambino diapers do offer great protection. I wish Dry 24/7 would have a tape panel design. That would make them the ultimate diaper. Comficare L10 is another great diaper. I wish they would change the tape panel design too. But keep everything else the same.

DPRLuv85 said:
With that being said, I find a diaper with insane capacity worthless. I'm quite ok with a moderate capacity diaper because I'm not a marathoner. Usually after wetting it a few times and after only a few hours (maybe five at the very most) I'm ready to have some fun and then take it off.

Try going to bed padded after drinking a lot before bed... ;) My waddler overnight was at about 70% by morning...

I'd say the biggest issue with this, is that Bambino already has 4 AB/DL designs if you include the Bianco. They also have several products now in the TotalDry line, and distribute other premium brands alongside all this. I think they have expanded their inventory and selection about as far as their market share will allow and sustain. So if they wanted to introduce a new design, they'd likely have to replace one of the current ones in their line-up. Think about it - 5 or more different printed diapers - in 2-3 sizes each. That requires a more than decent turnover that the community may not offer. And Bambino must be cautious of this, as I'm sure there's plenty of fans who specifically buy the Teddy, the Classico, the Bianco, and the Bellissimo respectively. So they run the risk of disheartening their fanbase for that particular product if they replace it, in exchange for maybe garnering some new fans on a new venture. Is that worth the risk when you are already on top of the game?

You may see Bambino as unwilling to adapt or compete, but I see it as what I call the "In-N-Out" approach. In-N-Out Burger has had the same products for over 40-50 years, never changed their menu, and provide the cheapest prices on the best quality product for the price you see. And even to this day, staying loyal to the formula that put them on top, they compete very very well in today's market. To put it simple, why fix it if it ain't broken...

For such a low revenue niche market adaptation is necessary, but much slower to take hold if your product is considered "stable". As stated earlier: Why would they change something that works? Being dominant in a small market means you're doing things right, not being a tyrant; much to the chagrin of larger market industries.

Bambino Bellissimo's have slowly gotten worse over the last 3 years all while they slowly raise their pricing.

the new ones don't have as much SAP as the ones from 2-3 years ago did and thus wont hold as much. Bambino as a company has yet to actually state this and anytime they change it they say it's still the same weight of SAP. so either they are lying or whatever adult diaper machine they rent out in china *sucks*. I've been a fanboy of Bambino in the past and still want to be but there's a reason why I ordered a case of dry 24/7 and not Bellissimo's on my last order.

that said I did order a sample of bambino's new offering on friday and I'll have them tuesday morning I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back