Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I have a question about acceptance for furries...

  1. #1

    Default I have a question about acceptance for furries...

    I have a friend, who has told me about being a furry, and has a "If you accept it, you do" attitude, which is in my view completely amazing he can be so open and care-free about what people think. I'm thinking about sharing MY secret wtih him, but I don't know if he'd accept it...

    What do you think? Do you think he may accept my secret? Let it be known that next year in college, he will also be my dorm member... Do you think I should tell him? And if so, how should I tell him? Should I perhaps show him this site, see if he accepts the babyfur section and all, what with it having a tie-in to something he can relate to? Or is there something to help me explain this to him? Thank you for your help, babyfur community.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    I have a friend, who has told me about being a furry, and has a "If you accept it, you do" attitude, which is in my view completely amazing he can be so open and care-free about what people think. I'm thinking about sharing MY secret wtih him, but I don't know if he'd accept it...

    What do you think? Do you think he may accept my secret? Let it be known that next year in college, he will also be my dorm member... Do you think I should tell him? And if so, how should I tell him? Should I perhaps show him this site, see if he accepts the babyfur section and all, what with it having a tie-in to something he can relate to? Or is there something to help me explain this to him? Thank you for your help, babyfur community.
    Possibly. His being a furry could make him more accepting than your average joe, but there are still quite a few within the fandom who aren't all fond of babyfurs. Do it if you want, is all I can really say.

  3. #3
    xdeadx

    Default

    Well, in my opinion, if he's a furry, he probably knows about babyfurs. So you're kinda just without the furry part. But some furries don't like babyfurs so you know you really can't tell. But then again, you know him better than us.

  4. #4

    Default

    Most furries know about babyfurs.

    And a lot of them do not like babyfurs.

    >_>

  5. #5
    EmeraldsAndLime

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Most furries know about babyfurs.

    And a lot of them do not like babyfurs.

    >_>
    I find disliking a subset of one's own fetish to be rather hypocritical. Like a strictly-DL person hating on someone who likes to roleplay as a baby. You could base your opinions on the actions of a few, but what's worse than being a hypocrite is hating something largely because of misinformation.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I find disliking a subset of one's own fetish to be rather hypocritical. Like a strictly-DL person hating on someone who likes to roleplay as a baby.

    I dunno about that. It's called babyfur and not furbaby, because it's diapers + furry, not furry + diapers, if any of that makes sense.

    Another analogy is how a motorcycle person, who wears riding leather (be it for the protection, or the look, or both), might frown upon someone who has a leather S/M outfit, like the gimp from pulp fiction.

    Sure, they're both 'into' leather, but what one does while wearing is vastly different from the other.


    Sure, babyfur/furry are both 'into' furry, but what one does while being their fursona is vastly different from the other.



    Not that i'm an expert on the subject, but I have more than a working knowledge of hate and ignorance, I suppose since i've dealt with it a long time now.

  7. #7

    Default

    Maybe you could ask him to tell you something about the furry fandom, to find out what he knows and thinks about babyfurs. If you giude him into the babyfur direction, and he doesn't tell you anything about it, you know that he probaly doesn't know much or anything about babyfurs.

  8. #8
    EmeraldsAndLime

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Harano View Post
    I dunno about that. It's called babyfur and not furbaby, because it's diapers + furry, not furry + diapers, if any of that makes sense.

    Another analogy is how a motorcycle person, who wears riding leather (be it for the protection, or the look, or both), might frown upon someone who has a leather S/M outfit, like the gimp from pulp fiction.

    Sure, they're both 'into' leather, but what one does while wearing is vastly different from the other.


    Sure, babyfur/furry are both 'into' furry, but what one does while being their fursona is vastly different from the other.



    Not that i'm an expert on the subject, but I have more than a working knowledge of hate and ignorance, I suppose since i've dealt with it a long time now.
    To play on your analogy, I think those two things are vastly different. It's like comparing apples and oranges - sure, they're both round, juicy and a fruit, but fundamentally (and most importantly) very unlike.

    I consider babyfurs a subset because it's stemmed from the one thing - furryism, which to some extent is a fetish. Doesn't matter if you're a babyfur or not, if you're involved in either option, you're a furry.

    A BDSM person wears leather for the fetish and gratification, whereas a motorcycle rider wears it for the look. Yes, superficially, they're both wearing leather, but the underlying reason/s is/are different. You wouldn't say a motorcycle rider is involved in BDSM just because he/she has got leather on - it's just that coincidence has it that the two things happen to be indirectly related by the one thing, therefore a subset does not exist. Sure, a motorcycle rider could be involved in BDSM, or vice-versa, but it's not true for all cases, unlike furries where babyfurs are directly related to furryism as a whole.

  9. #9

    Default

    You guys have really given me a lot of insight to this matter. I like the idea of striking up a talk about furry fandom and then auditing his knowledge of babyfurs, and his opinion thereof. I appreciate all your help, you guys.

Similar Threads

  1. Question For Second Life Furries
    By Target in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-May-2009, 08:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.