Diaper Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzlelisa

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi y'all! Im new and i recently found out i was incontinent:frown:. I dont know what happened, just woke up one day. anyway, ive been trying different diapers and haven't had much luck yet. I've tried a brand called pajama pants but they dont let me have frer leg movement as they tear easily. any other suggestions?

Night time pull ups for young teens aren't ideal that's for sure. First thing you have to do is decide for yourself if you need light, moderate, or heavy protection. Then you have to decide if you think you'll want a pull up or diaper. Pull ups are a little inconvenient when you need to change because you have to completely undress from the waist down.

There's 20+ brands out there with 10 out more different styles and protection levels.

if you haven't talked with your doctor yet, you really should. check out the IC subforum here (but prepare yourself, they WILL bombard you with that suggestion)

Yes, in the IC section we do tend to bombard people with the suggestion to go see a doctor. Incontinence is not a disorder or disease in and of itself, it is a symptom of something else going on. It could be overactive bladder, neurogenic bladder, any of a large number of things, and we are not doctors who can order tests and prescribe treatments. Internet diagnosis is not how you want to deal with things.

With that said, the IC subforum will give helpful advice about good products to use, keeping it discreet, whether or not insurance will help cover costs, etc. and treat it all with dignity. We have several incontinent members here on ADISC (I'm one of them), and we've spent so long dealing with this sort of issue that we understand the difficulties that it presents. We've also done our time dealing with everything from cheap diapers to premium ones, so we understand what works well and what doesn't, as opposed to just looking for something to play in. Even with that, most of us have embraced our need for diapers and the security it gives us to live our lives.

With that said, it would help us to know what level of incontinence you are fighting so we can make suggestions on what level of protection you want. Are you just facing occasional leaking, or not making it to the bathroom sometimes before your bladder cuts loose, or have you lost control completely as well? Are you looking for something like a pull-up style or a full diaper, you want to think about how often you have to change as well, which will be based on the level of incontinence you have coupled with the level of protection you use. We're happy to help here, but if you could provide a bit more info, we can help guide you better.

I really recommend the wellness briefs and pullups, I have tried both, and both work well, and no leaks. You can try this website and they do have samples to send you,
http://wellnessbriefs.com/

i'm guess im a heavy wetter and ive already talked with my doctor but i need something so i dont piss myself at work. It's only temporary. i'm also not sure what would be better (pullups or diapers) but i need to be able to carry quite a lot on hand. thanks for the support guys!

Last edited:
Hello. In my opinion pullups can be better if you wear them during.the day because they are more discreet than normal diapers but its different how much they can soaking. Adult Diapers are having the best capacities but arent discreet anymore. At the end it depends on you what you want to choose. But remember that adult diapers can be expensive in some way.

94marco94 said:
Hello. In my opinion pullups can be better if you wear them during.the day because they are more discreet than normal diapers but its different how much they can soaking. Adult Diapers are having the best capacities but arent discreet anymore. At the end it depends on you what you want to choose. But remember that adult diapers can be expensive in some way.

I disagree with diapers being obvious. You figure that if you're changing regularly then you'll fight odor after proper clean up. Plus I doubt she would go with bellissimos or any super absorbent.

OP look into abenas. M3 or M4 (depending on your size. I'm a man with a size 38 waist and abena M4s run a tad bit small on me. If you're able to change regularly (say every 4 hours) and you're not urinating more than twice an hour, you should do okay with more economical brands like what Walmart and Walgreens sell. They're not bad for roughly $0.60 a diaper. Pretty discrete too.

Best of luck! I can only imagine how hard it is being 16 and getting that symptom. Oh and welcome to adisc :). Best wishes

Taped diapers are the best way to go I use the Abena Level 4 or Dry 24/7 diapers with Ducktape to help keep the diaper snug. I am a size 38 and I use the large version of the Abena level 4 and the Medium in the dry 24/7, like Kevin mentioned the Abena line is cut smaller then other brands of diaper so a medium is to small for me.

Get your self a back pack to keep spare diapers, wipes, diaper cream and a change of cloths you will need them.

Level 4 premium diapers feel thick when you first start to wear but you get use to them quickly and the absorbancy is worth the extra thickness for the protection if you wet a couple of times before being able to change.

Let me just say that as far as premium we all like different things as far as what insurance will provide I think the Tranquility ATN's is the cadilacc of insurance paid for diapers.if you decide on full up diapers.

I've been doing some research and i found that walgreens has training pants for fairly cheep. Anyone know if they're worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back