A quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scifer555

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
My girlfriend has been really open about how she feels about my fetishes, She either doesn't mind or she likes what I'm into but not for the same reasons. Recently she got a lot of money for her graduation (she's 18 I'm 19) so she wanted to buy me diapers but doesn't have a card to buy online. What are good brands (aside from Depends because I feel like the brand is taboo here) to buy in store? Here where I live we have Wal-Mart (which I dislike because they treat employees poorly and have questionable business practices but I'll shop there occasionally), Meijer, Walgreen, Rite Aide, Aldi's, and others.

Honestly you're not going to find anything too good in most major retail stores (at least I've never had any luck). You might find something at a smaller / non-chain pharmacy. I can only find good brands online.

NorthShore Supreme
Molicare Super Plus
Abenas
Bambinos
ABU
Crinklz
Snuggies
Etc.

Mattew said:
Honestly you're not going to find anything too good in most major retail stores (at least I've never had any luck). You might find something at a smaller / non-chain pharmacy. I can only find good brands online.

NorthShore Supreme
Molicare Super Plus
Abenas
Bambinos
ABU
Crinklz
Snuggies
Etc.
That's what I thought, I might just ask her to get a credit card or at least a pay-as-you-go credit card you can get at stores.

You could alway get a visa gift card. It'll work like a credit card online.

Mattew said:
You could alway get a visa gift card. It'll work like a credit card online.
That's what I meant when I said pay as you go card, sorry that sounded weird.

I use Visa gift cards for online purchases I don't want to show on my credit card bill (like diapers). I buy them with cash at the grocery store. It's a good idea to get them in high dollar amounts, as each one has a $3 to $4 fee and it might be hard to split the payment between 2 different cards online.

I don't see that it hurts to try out some of the lower end products. If nothing else, it gives you an appreciation for the good stuff when you get it. For me, Depends Protection with Tabs are minimally satisfying (they fulfill my minimum requirements and not much more). I haven't tried any of their other products as they're either clothlike covers, some version of a pull-up, or both. If those things aren't unappealing to you, there might be something worth trying. If you aren't strongly attracted to smooth plastic outer shell diapers, store brands are a reasonable thing to try. Lastly, depending on where you live, you may have some success at medical supply, in-home elder care places, or larger non-chain pharmacies. The good stuff is still like hen's teeth even there, but you may see something more interesting than the rank and file pull-ups that are common at the chain stores. Have a look.

I recently bought one of those prepaid visa cards... I had NO IDEA what a hassle they make that! GO to walmart and found like 200 (I am not exaggerating) different cards, that turned out to be about 15 different cards in dozens of designs each. Makes choosing one a pain.

Every card has a different song-n-dance about fees for this and fees for that, heck they charge you to find out what your balance is! Fees to reload the card, fees to spend off the card, it seems they piss away half the money you put on it. Many aren't reloadable, or can only be reloaded with the card in person, not online or any other way. Reloading someone ELSE's card is a whole new level of pain, requiring you to get your own card, register BOTH of them like credit cards, and then do balance transfers. (fees...)

has anyone found an EASY TO USE prepaid card that can be reloaded, that doesn't charge you every time you mention the card's name out loud?

The Walmart brand, assurance, isn't bad considering you pay $10 for 16 diapers. They're no abenas or bambinos, but they satisfy my diaper urges when I don't have premiums. You can get the same exact diapers at Walgreens in a larger pack for a cheaper price per diaper too. 36 diapers for like $18. You can only get about two good wettings before you're really pushing your luck.

Another option is to look for a medical supply store. They sell things like wheel chairs, braces, general medical supplies,etc. They usually carry at least middle tier disappears at a decent rate. When I run out and forget to order in time, that is my go to.

Search for "medical supply store" in google maps, then just call and ask if they carry incontinent supplies. The one by me even has a sample of each on the shelf so the you can see/touch each option and get a better idea of what you are buying. They usually even have a free sample of one of the products they give me. Typically it's an individually wrapped diaper with a flyer inside.

I would agree that a prepaid card is the way to go. The one I usually get is the Visa Vanilla Gift Card. No fee to check balance online. There is a $2.50 fee every month after the 7th month, so as long as you use the card within 6 months, you should be fine. Just be aware you cannot use it for international purchases.

I would also highly recommend the generic store brand you will find at Walmart/Walgreens/CVS/etc. I have never used anything different, but they work. Just be mindful that they can and will leak after a large wetting or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back