Right Now, I'm gonna make this clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitterdafoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
...Crystal Pepsi is coming back within the next TWO months! Yep, they succeeded and pepsi reached out to them implying that it will soon be back in stores after a 22 year (that's a year less than me!) hiatus. I'm psyched and will personally be buying it on launch (along with some promotional merchandise if they have it!).

OMG! YES! I loved Crystal Pepsi. Or at least I think I loved it. I was young, and think it was more of the novelty that it was clear and tasted just like Pepsi. I still have a few old cans (empty). My Grandma was doing some cleaning up a couple years back and found some, and threw it away. I was upset when I learned she did that. I've seen that those unopened cans can fetch a pretty penny.

But yea, I'll buy some on it's launch day.

I don't even drink anything other than water anymore. I will have a Dr. Pepper or Pepsi maybe once or twice a year. It's really rare for me to drink those now. But I will be trying one of the New Pepsi's.

kitterdafoxy said:
...Crystal Pepsi is coming back within the next TWO months! Yep, they succeeded and pepsi reached out to them implying that it will soon be back in stores after a 22 year (that's a year less than me!) hiatus. I'm psyched and will personally be buying it on launch (along with some promotional merchandise if they have it!).

I saw this too. Dark colored soda has a lot of potassium in it where as the light colored soda doesn't. Since too much potassium is bad for your kidneys, I wonder if Pepsi Chrystal will be low on Potassium and thus better for you?

Mattew said:
OMG! YES! I loved Crystal Pepsi. Or at least I think I loved it. I was young, and think it was more of the novelty that it was clear and tasted just like Pepsi. I still have a few old cans (empty). My Grandma was doing some cleaning up a couple years back and found some, and threw it away. I was upset when I learned she did that. I've seen that those unopened cans can fetch a pretty penny.

But yea, I'll buy some on it's launch day.

I don't even drink anything other than water anymore. I will have a Dr. Pepper or Pepsi maybe once or twice a year. It's really rare for me to drink those now. But I will be trying one of the New Pepsi's.

I have a very vague and foggy recollection of drinking it as a toddler, funny thing is that was nearly a year after it was discountinued.

*tilts head in confusion*

I've never heard of this before. I don't ever recall seeing it. I guess as a child I wasn't allowed to drink sodas until I was at least 6 or 7. I don't drink many sodas unless its cut with some rum (heh) but I'd be willing to give this a go whenever it comes out. Sounds interesting!

Huh, I thought that was fictional. Still you learn something new every day.

how hype can you go?
:biggrin:

Huh, that's interesting. I remember really liking it as a kid and being disappointed when it was discontinued. I don't know if I'd like it now, but I'm happy to get the chance to try it.

Hell yes! I have been waiting for this moment for a long time now it will be delicious in all of its pure crystal clear glory!

I tried it once and it was ok, but I'm not a big cola fan. maybe it will be better when it come out again.

I used to drink Crystal Pepsi. I vaguely remember I didn't like it that much at first but I got used to it after a while. Anyway I can't wait to try this one out again! Also it would be cool if they brought back Surge, I used to love that stuff!

Rusty234 said:
I used to drink Crystal Pepsi. I vaguely remember I didn't like it that much at first but I got used to it after a while. Anyway I can't wait to try this one out again! Also it would be cool if they brought back Surge, I used to love that stuff!

Actually, surge is back on amazon and is pending approval for store shelves, hopefully right next to crystal pepsi and pop quiz popcorn.

Never heard of it. I'm guessing that it was pre-1985 (my birth year)

However, Surge on the other hand :drool: I miss it so much. It was the "hot" drink when I was in middle school. I was very sad to see it discontinued.

kitterdafoxy said:
Actually, surge is back on amazon and is pending approval for store shelves, hopefully right next to crystal pepsi and pop quiz popcorn.

Hey Cool! Still its a little pricey to pay for soda! If Surge ever makes a comeback I'm definitely buying some!

FluffyMastiff said:
Never heard of it. I'm guessing that it was pre-1985 (my birth year)

However, Surge on the other hand :drool: I miss it so much. It was the "hot" drink when I was in middle school. I was very sad to see it discontinued.

I remember drinking Crystal Pepsi in the early 90's. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and it says Crystal Pepsi was introduced in 1992 and discontinued in 1993.

" introduced in 1992 and discontinued in 1993. "

Explains why I've never seen it.

computerProgrammer said:
" introduced in 1992 and discontinued in 1993. "

Explains why I've never seen it.

Same here, just a few years before I started drinking soft drinks other than from fast food places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back