"Flood" of new AB/DL diapers hitting the market

To Many New AB/DL Diapers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jsaur said:
Does anyone on here work for one of these organisations?

I work for one of these brands. We are doing well but the more options there are can have a negative affect on all other brands, it is just a numbers game.

todaler said:
I work for one of these brands. We are doing well but the more options there are can have a negative affect on all other brands, it is just a numbers game.

I think what will matter most here is the size of the market. If you've got a larger market (ie a bigger customer base) and you start out saying that all the businesses in the market are "doing ok", as in somewhere between "making ends meet" and "doing really well", and a new seller enters, it lowers everyone's sales a little bit, and most of the established businesses will be ok.

But if the market is small, and you've got a smaller number of customers spread between a smaller number of stores, and someone else steps in, the results can be quite different. One more seller will shrink everyone's customer base in a noticeable way, and that may drive some people out of business, or push them into "I wonder if this is really worth it or if I should move on to something else because this just isn't worth the effort anymore" mode.

As a new startup, you really need to look at your market closely and decide if there's a big enough surplus of customers before taking the plunge. Not everyone does that, and it can be to everyone's detrement if the market is small and fragile. It's a bit like climbing onto a raft... if the raft is small and barely floating, one more person climbing on can flip it over, and not everyone is going to be able to climb back on after the new guy sinks. One person trying to enter a small saturated market is likely to fail AND take one or more others down with them. And that's what I hope we avoid here.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the variety, innovation, and low prices we're seeing more of recently, but I also don't want to see it end badly for the providers. Even from a purely selfish point of view, losing any of the good new small startups like Snuggies would be bad for the customers too. Everyone is just too unique right now, anyone we lose will be missed. So I hope that anyone looking to enter this market does their research and makes sure it can support their weight before climbing onboard.

I am all for a larger mix of suppliers for diapers and accessories that cater to the ABDL market. Just like any other market demands, the competition will help weed out the bad ones and help keep costs reasonable. And just like any other product on the market, we each all have our own preferences and tastes in actual diapers and boosters.

I love it!

There are a number of ABDL diaper suppliers that didn't exist even 4 years ago! I will list off all that I know that are currently selling online:

-Bambino
-ABUniverse
-Cuddlz
-AwwSoCute
-Rearz
-Buntewindel

That's six! There are some smaller brands available online too. They all cater to this 'niche' market. Not a bad scenario considering the underground market for such products.

I'm in the industry as well - Looking at traffic and marketing patterns from over the years, and the substantial growth online, I think that the AB/DL community is leaps and bounds larger than anyone ever expected. I believe that most don't know about it, and I've heard countless stories of people discovering their little sides after the age of 35.

Regarding how the companies are doing - I am of the belief that we will see a consolidation within the next few years down to the companies that are AB/DL owned and operated (now that we have a few) - They are the only ones that have a true finger on the pulse of the community. Our company is doing well, and I do not have any indications that this is a short living endeavour as long as we continue to compete, innovate, and provide a great customer experience. I do NOT think that this market is oversaturated - I think it's about right - Only time will tell.

-Casey.

klo555 said:
I'm in the industry as well - Looking at traffic and marketing patterns from over the years, and the substantial growth online, I think that the AB/DL community is leaps and bounds larger than anyone ever expected. I believe that most don't know about it, and I've heard countless stories of people discovering their little sides after the age of 35.

Regarding how the companies are doing - I am of the belief that we will see a consolidation within the next few years down to the companies that are AB/DL owned and operated (now that we have a few) - They are the only ones that have a true finger on the pulse of the community. Our company is doing well, and I do not have any indications that this is a short living endeavour as long as we continue to compete, innovate, and provide a great customer experience. I do NOT think that this market is oversaturated - I think it's about right - Only time will tell.

-Casey.

Thank you so much for your response :)

That sort of mirrors my intuition... I just don't think we'd see so many businesses popping up without a considerable community. A community way bigger than anyone might have guessed! When you think about it, how many modern adults were raised in nappies? How many adults were immersed in babyhood as babies? is it really so hard to believe that some of us don't let go of that stuff? I find this very encouraging.

Jsaur said:
is it really so hard to believe that some of us don't let go of that stuff? I find this very encouraging.

My thinking - Why would you want to?? It's like time travel!

ilostthesheriff said:
There are a number of ABDL diaper suppliers that didn't exist even 4 years ago! I will list off all that I know that are currently selling online:

-Bambino
-ABUniverse
-Cuddlz
-AwwSoCute
-Rearz
-Buntewindel

My first BambinoDiapers order was in January of 2008 (my intro to ordering good ABDL diapers online!)
My first ABU order was in December of 2010

My order from Buntewindel wasn't that long ago, but I suspect they've been around for awhile too.

As a global citizen, I'd be watching to see which company branches out to other markets quickly. With globalization and urbanization, more people in the emerging countries will be introduced to the idea of diapers and 'premium' diapers that associate with the ABDL identity. Yet, I don't see Bambino Ads in The Philpppines or Aww So Cute Ads in Japan. There is China, the world's most populous nation, and other parts of Asia.

ABDL communities are springing up in many Asian countries but are the diaper manufacturers bold enough to bring their operations overseas? I feel that the so-called 'niche' market in these areas are not being tapped into well enough, even the incontinents in these countries. If the industry giants like Tena and others vie for prime supermarket positions for their products, maybe out ABDL companies might want to take a leap of faith in venturing online in these countries.

Remember, when these companies started out, they did not know if they would be commercially viable. Similar concerns would prevent them from venturing into Asia. Fortunately, they get a lot of air-time on the internet. When people do not have to pay high shipping costs from USA to their country, they will buy more.

So, while some companies do offer shipping to emerging markets, which will be the first to actually set up shop in one of them?

SaveExpress sell (and possibly make) MyDiaper - this is a baby-patterned adult brand. bms

- - - Updated - - -

This is in reply to ilostthesheriff

The only thing I am not impressed with, at this moment is that very little of this "ABDL diaper wave" is hitting Europe. We still don't have ABU, AwwSoCute, Bambino, DC Amor etc.

But, on the other hand Crinklz is made by Thrust Vector from Germany which makes Comficares, which again is a very good diaper, so at least that is a positive.
But outside of Crinklz we still only have Fabine, which might as well be renamed NoBine, cus they are NEVER in stock, and cuddlz, which is the most basest shite you can imagine.

How could it be a bad thing? It's a niche market, and companies are starting to actually listen to what people want and need. I'd like to see more for the sake of variety, and hope it also pushes new designs, brandsn features, etc.

I hope at this rate, a proper cloth backed disposable like todays' pampers could be produced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back