Not open for further replies.

MandyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Hi

I started bed wetting like 5 years ago (no physical reason, only consensus being a "Mental" one, stress, ect.) so I soon found my way to, and into, diapers for it.

As first, dread, lol, then acceptance and appreciation (for what they did, protect me, my bed)
As I found myself getting more and more comfortable with wearing them my life started to return to "normal" LOL.

Then came this like two weeks ago: OK-this-just-happen

So something like that hasn't again, Thank You, but it did cause me to have several very anxious precautionary days of wearing during the day (and to work! Something I'd rather not go through again any time soon).
I also completely lost it a few days back and had a (wetting) accident out with my friend on a long drive.

The whole point is, lately there have been times I am very self conscious about being out wondering when the next time something might happen. Is this going to keep happening? Is it going to get worse?

Some friendly advice from anyone who experienced something like this would be really nice right about now.

Last edited:
If it maybe stress related like you said it would make sense to just relax. My bedwetting has kept itself to the night, but I am fecally inco so it doesn't really matter. There were days when the fecal incontinence was getting worse and I just threw a diaper on in the beggining. Now I don't have a choice. Some people it does progress and others it doesn't. The only advice I can give is to see a doctor if it keeps getting worse.

Last edited:
No, I don't see it as a natural progression. Liking diapers and baby stuff has nothing intrinsic to do with real incontinence. If people want to tie them together, that's their business but there's no inevitable slide, no big revelation. I'd be looking for helpful medical or therapeutic referrals in your position. Don't ignore it. I hope that it can be dealt with properly.

Trevor said:
No, I don't see it as a natural progression. Liking diapers and baby stuff has nothing intrinsic to do with real incontinence.

That's not really what I meant.
Also I do not like baby stuff, I may at times act like an overgrown teenager, but that's about it, and my liking of diapers was something that came from having no choice in wearing them. I accepted them, and like I've said before, I rather unexpectedly formed an emotional attachment to them over time and have been trying to deal with that as well.

But, none of that has anything to do with my question and why it is in this section.
I'm sorry if giving a little bit about me caused any confusion as to how I ended up here.

My main problem, and reason for the post was more asking about how others who have experienced a slip from this just being a night time thing to a day time thing have dealt with it. I would LOVE some medical advice and answers, especially from my Doctor other then "There is nothing (physically) wrong with you" and a few other useless phrases I've heard from doctors and therapists that it might just go away on its own. Well it seems THAT train doesn't want to leave the station!
And as much as I have come to accept this, it doesn't mean it still doesn't worry and bother me, a LOT, at times.

I am also all to fully aware that without some sort of physical problem to point to it leaves my "mental health issues" to blame and that all this will "most likely" stop when I am no longer a freakin mental basket case.

MandyBear said:
That's not really what I meant.
Also I do not like baby stuff, I may at times act like an overgrown teenager, but that's about it, and my liking of diapers was something that came from having no choice in wearing them. I accepted them, and like I've said before, I rather unexpectedly formed an emotional attachment to them over time and have been trying to deal with that as well.

But, none of that has anything to do with my question and why it is in this section.
I'm sorry if giving a little bit about me caused any confusion as to how I ended up here.

My main problem, and reason for the post was more asking about how others who have experienced a slip from this just being a night time thing to a day time thing have dealt with it. I would LOVE some medical advice and answers, especially from my Doctor other then "There is nothing (physically) wrong with you" and a few other useless phrases I've heard from doctors and therapists that it might just go away on its own. Well it seems THAT train doesn't want to leave the station!
And as much as I have come to accept this, it doesn't mean it still doesn't worry and bother me, a LOT, at times.

I am also all to fully aware that without some sort of physical problem to point to it leaves my "mental health issues" to blame and that all this will "most likely" stop when I am no longer a freakin mental basket case.

Sorry to have missed your initial point. One thing I can say from seeing friends go through it is there are some things where you really have to be your own advocate in healthcare. If you have something that's simple to fix and the insurance, our guys will be right on it, but if it's unusual, you may have to poke and prod and do some of the legwork yourself to keep them coming back to work on something that doesn't have an easy answer. It's not ideal but it seems to be how it works.

Trevor said:
Sorry to have missed your initial point.

Thank You, and yes, I realized my OP could have been a bit confusing about what I was looking for, so I got rid of the fluff, lol.

And I'm sorry for sorta lashing out and biting your head off a bit. :)
I get very self conscious, then worked up and it makes me upset and that sometimes makes me get all defensive and bitchy.

I just feel like I'm full, my plate is full, but the universe just keeps heapin on seconds.

MandyBear said:
Thank You, and yes, I realized my OP could have been a bit confusing about what I was looking for, so I got rid of the fluff, lol.

And I'm sorry for sorta lashing out and biting your head off a bit. :)
I get very self conscious, then worked up and it makes me upset and that sometimes makes me get all defensive and bitchy.

I just feel like I'm full, my plate is full, but the universe just keeps heapin on seconds.

Don't worry about it. No offense taken. It's a good reminder to read more carefully next time.

You asked if others are dealing with this. At age 67, I find that the urge to go suddenly hits, and when that happens, I need to be heading to a toilet. My dealing with it is probably different in that I am an AB/DL, so the thought of having less control sort of plays into that. At the same time, I'm a professional person who still works so I certainly don't want wet pants. Unlike you, it hasn't gotten to the point where being wet in public has occurred.

I think my concern is your stress level and hardship in coping. Most of us have certain physical problems. I'm guessing you're not old enough to be having these types of problems, but there are people your age dying of cancer. About 10 years ago, the bones in my wife's foot disintegrated. It's a diabetic condition called Charcot foot. She's been diabetic since 20, type A. Her foot became infected with MRSA, and after all the antibiotics, her kidneys were destroyed. After a year of in center dialysis, we learned how to do it ourselves at home with me as her dialysis partner. Last year she had to have a leg amputated below the knee.

My point is that terrible things happen to us over time. We've had to learn coping skills. My wife has very little energy and often is sick to her stomach because of dialysis. So we enjoy the hours she feels well. Sometimes it's one day out of the week. I think that if she could have normal health, with the exception of a little leakage, she would rejoice, doing cartwheels. She will never rejoice, never do a cartwheel, and much less, not even walk through Walmart with her prosthetic leg. She doesn't have the energy or health.

So, sometimes life sucks. Sometimes it just throws stumbling blocks in our way. A block you can jump over. You simply have to find out how. If it's diapers, you'll be in good company, because there are many people who must wear some sort of protection. Even in my wife's case, we go out to dinner. We go shopping with me pushing her in her wheel chair. She enjoys reading and doing crossword puzzles. There's not only light at the end of the tunnel, but life at the end as well.

No one likes to accept the fact that things are changing for the worse with their body. I know since I'm 67. I've always been very active, and now I find that I have to be careful with how hard I push myself. At 67, I know the end is coming, but I also know it comes for everyone. For everyone, the body betrays us, and most of us find ways to still enjoy life. If you can't do this, then there is another underlying problem and perhaps a much bigger one than incontinence. It may be what you are asking about.

Someone said that how we experience life solely rests on our attitude and how we see the world and ourselves. We have to like ourselves and the life we're living. If not, that's where help is needed. I hope you do have days where you are happy, where you can embrace your world and feel reasonably good. That's where you want to be. These are just my rambling thoughts late at night. I hope I haven't been too blunt or insensitive. Life can be tough, and then one has to become tougher, otherwise, the bad things win. I don't want to let that happen, either to your or to me.

dogboy said:
I hope you do have days where you are happy, where you can embrace your world and feel reasonably good. That's where you want to be.

I'm 38 and may go a bit wonky sometimes and obsess (over think about) my problems, but yes, I do have good days. :D Thank You.

I'm sorry to hear about your wives problems, but don't you go talking about the end now! 67? Geez you both have whole tons of time OK?

I know the longer u wear diapers, ur body/brain gets used to it , but u don't be come completely incontinent. I had bedwething issues as a kid but not a lot, I also had a lot of stress to from being born premature, and had messing accidents to , all this led to wearing diapers at 7. Fast worward to now and I'm diapered all the time now , because I like it. But in the past few years my bedwetting has come back, I'd say it's a combo of things for me, personality with regards to wearing diapers and being used to them , plus a past history of bedwetting plus getting better sleep from using a cpap. I'm fine with this tho, as I am also realizing that I am officially somewhat ob. I'd rather not try meds for this. As it stands right now diapers are my way of dealing with my issues. I'm at a place where diapers are starting to be a need for me a for me and while I'm sure that wearing so long has some relation to my bladder issues, it's not the one and only cause.

MandyBear said:
I'm 38 and may go a bit wonky sometimes and obsess (over think about) my problems, but yes, I do have good days. :D Thank You.

I'm sorry to hear about your wives problems, but don't you go talking about the end now! 67? Geez you both have whole tons of time OK?

Thanks MandyBear. That's very kind of you. I'm glad you do have good days because you deserve them. We all do. My wife and I do as well. We find the things we like and can still do, especially where she's concerned. Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back