Diapering Method - Standing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BachBrahms

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, everyone! Here's the way I apply a diaper standing up. Many of you already have your own way figured out, and if so, this isn't for you. However, I find this works best for me. I really like it because I can do it anywhere, even in the tight confines of a restroom stall. If it helps you, great!

I stand up and pull the diaper up between my legs. I extend the wings as though I'm going to fasten the tapes, but I DO NOT pull the tapes open. I just set the wings around me in about the right position and hold the diaper in place with my hands.

Then I gently squeeze my thighs together. This holds the diaper up between my legs just right, freeing up my hands to fasten the tapes.

I reach across the front of my body with my right hand and fasten the bottom left tape.

Next I reach across the front of my body with my left hand and fasten the bottom right tape. It's important to do the bottom tapes first.

Next I reach across the front of my body with my left hand again and fasten the top right tape.

Finally, I reach across with my right hand to fasten the top left tape.

I hope this is helpful. With some practice, you can do it fairly quickly, in about 30 seconds, and you should get a good fit.

Note said:
Everyone seems to go from bottom to top first, but I have had the best of luck going from top to bottom.

Same. Another thing I'll do differently is I'll put my backside against a door or wall. That way I can position the back of the diaper where I want it, and Then I pull the front over me and hold it there tightly with one hand while taping with the other.

I always use the wall to hold my diaper while putting it on, And have started to put the top,tapes on first then the bottoms then duct tape around the diaper (over kill yes but it keeps it inplace :) )

I have differ way out on my own daipers. It depend what daipers is. Like bambino I start at top then button. As sample my 24/7 I start them at buttom first. Seem work best for me. Took me long time figure this out. I use wall put on daiper most time when I'm out on pubic. Home I lay on floor.

I'll do the bottom to top taping, and use the wall method also. But I will slightly angle the bottom tapes up as it seals around my buttocks better without having to make it overly tight. Plus after the bottom tapes are on I will adust around the legs and leg guards while making a v shape with the crotch area of the padding. Then I will angle the top tapes down as it seems to sag less when I do.

I also do bottom to top. I find it difficult to change myself laying on my back so I almost always do it standing up.

Bottom to top is how I do. But I use the pressure to hold the diaper in place. Then I can use my hands to pull tight the diaper and fasten the tapes. I can never get a good seal laying down. Much better fit and feel standing.

Note said:
Everyone seems to go from bottom to top first, but I have had the best of luck going from top to bottom.

Same, I go top to bottom. I've tried bottom to top before and I just can't ever seem to get it quite right, especially if standing. Sometimes I can manage it if laying down, but it just seems like so much extra work trying to get the bottom tapes aligned without the advantage of having the bottom tapes applied already.

Note said:

Don't count me in "everyone" - the tops hold the diaper UP, the bottoms hold the pee IN. It seems very clear which one you need to do first when standing?

I alternate between standing and laying down to diaper up. I find that each has its benefits. Standing up seems like its faster and its a good way to change when you're in a pinch. Personally I've always taped from bottom up - and I like what bambinod said - the bottoms hold the pee in and the tops hold the diaper up so for me my priority has always been the bottoms and the tops are supplemental. However, I'd like to give it a try to see if top down has a benefit. I could see how diapering down from the top could serve to better secure the wings in place but it still seems foreign to me.

When laying down I could never get a good fit until I realized I had to alter my lying down changing experience a little. When I go to stick the bottom tabs, I hold one side of the wing out and then I bend my knee on that side and bend the leg up (so its closer to my chest). This creates the crease that forms at the leg's joint with the hip and subsequently creates the crease on the diaper wing where that crease is. Then I tape above that point. I've found that if you tape in the area where your leg meets your hip, you will suffer tape failure. But if you bend your leg to create the crease, you can avoid taping there because you can actually see where the tab will go (and subsequently fail).

Standing up I don't have this option and sometimes I fail to tape above that crease and therefore the bottom tabs will fail prematurely.
Just my thoughts! :)

I love the stand against the wall trick. My favorite diapers only have 1 tape though

bambinod said:
Don't count me in "everyone" - the tops hold the diaper UP, the bottoms hold the pee IN. It seems very clear which one you need to do first when standing?

hahaha, well said.

here is a simple way that is real easy, in fact it is somewhat obvious once you do it, and you may feel a little silly having not tried it before.. i know i did.

First you have to be familiar with where your tapes normally land, at least the bottom ones. If you are naked, the simplest way is to pre-tape the bottom tapes, and then pull them up like underwear, if you wear three-tape-per-side diapers, and have problems with the middle tapes you can pre-tape them as well. Then it is just a matter of pulling the diaper up and taping the top.

If you changing out of a diaper, and let's say you are in a restroom stall and don't want to take your trousers and plastic panties off, after taking off the used diaper, sit down and do the pre-taping around the thighs, then stand up pull the diaper up and finish with the top tapes.

This is how i do it and never have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back