Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper effect

Default Diaper effect

I have stress incontinence but stay fairly dry most of the time and do not usually wear pads or guards. But I do enjoy wearing diapers.
    However, as soon as I put on a diaper I start leaking. The leaking starts as soon as I sit down on the diaper and start taping it. It is as if the act of wearing a diaper is making me more incontinent.
    Has anyone else experience this?

Are you just perhaps letting it go too long thinking that since you have a diaper on you should be fine?

It's possiable, I still try to make it to the bathroom when a I have to pee and several times I get to the bathroom and can't pee. I wait for 10 minutes still nothing then I re diaper up start walking around the apt then in about a minute or so I flood my diaper. I don't get it sitting on the toilet nothing one minute diapered my blader releases.

So yes I can see that our body's become accustomed to being diapered and recognizes it's ok to release with out warning once diapered.

I've had the same experience that Rob110 describes on many occasions. Since I have urge incontinence the main symptom of which is that my bladder often empties itself uncontrollably with very little warning, I have to wear a diaper 24/7. Nevertheless, I still use the toilet whenever it is convenient to do so; and the experience of feeling that I have to go, trying unsuccessfully to go while standing at the toilet, and then having my bladder decide to empty itself into my diaper almost as soon as I pull up the diaper and walk away from the toilet is a bit disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob110 View Post
    ...when a I have to pee and several times I get to the bathroom and can't pee. I wait for 10 minutes still nothing then I re diaper up start walking around the apt then in about a minute or so I flood my diaper.
    That's unfortunate. I would suggest wearing the pull-up type of diapers at home to avoid dealing with tabs every time and making a clean diaper useless... but while it could be an acceptable option at home I guess you'd have to wear some really good diapers outdoors, perhaps even with a plastic cover.

I've seen myself being in the same situation multiple times - when I start a diapered period of time I start producing so much pee that I have to change way more frequently than several years ago. (My DL experience is like 5-6 years now). I don't know yet how to deal with it, but I will some day come up with something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    and the experience of feeling that I have to go, trying unsuccessfully to go while standing at the toilet, and then having my bladder decide to empty itself into my diaper almost as soon as I pull up the diaper and walk away from the toilet is a bit disconcerting.
    But kinda fun)

I've had the same thing but not because I'm used to wearing nappies. I'm IC but I do try to use the toilet to pee whenever possible so I do have a little bit of control. But, a good few times when I've changed at home or a disabled toilet because my nappy is full, I've also gone #2 and made sure I'm completely empty and very sure of it. So then, when I've been lying on the floor and putting the tapes in place, I've uncontrollably leaked and simply had to hold the nappy in place and hope for the best. This to me is not what my body thinks is "ok" so I don't think it is always down to being used to wearing, well not for me anyway. Good luck though!

Once I made the decision to wear nappies all the time what remaining controI had< was lost very quickly. I've never tried going without nappiessince.

This has happened to me actually although it's more recent. I seem to be losing more control but that is explained away with me just actually taking care of myself better. Essentially because I'm drinking proper amounts of water instead of unintentionally damaging myself I'm more prone to accidents as a result. So it only appears to look like I have lost more control from just wearing diapers actually from my perspective.

[QUOTE=NaranjaColor;1294535]That's unfortunate. I would suggest wearing the pull-up type of diapers at home to avoid dealing with tabs every time and making a clean diaper useless... but while it could be an acceptable option at home I guess you'd have to wear some really good diapers outdoors, perhaps even with a plastic cover.

I've seen myself being in the same situation multiple times - when I start a diapered period of time I start producing so much pee that I have to change way more frequently than several years ago. (My DL experience is like 5-6 years now). I don't know yet how to deal with it, but I will some day come up with something.

I have tried using pullups at home but when I flood the pullups leak, my wettings are happening more often now and the floods seem to be at a lower volume from when I first started to have to wear so maybe it's time to try pullups again at home