Obscure bands that you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MandyBear said:
BabyMetal - just cause they are soooo freakin cute, even thou I cant understand a word of it, but they rock, lol!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS
I think I have a new favourite song: ギミチョコ!!- Gimme chocolate!!

The first two bands of my list that spring to mind would be
'Knorkator' and 'Blumfeld'
Both rather unknown German bands, the latter unfortunately disbanded.
"TheFatRat" is a solo artist who creates electronic music and has some very nice original tracks aside from cool remixes. Mentioned one or two of these in the other music thread.

MandyBear said:
That is a hard question. I like LOTS of different music.
Some bands I love, others like and listen to a lot, bands I know of and like some songs but don't really follow, ect, ect, lol.

Well here is list of (to some that) could be some strange, odd, obscure.

Halestorm (I love Lzzy) Maybe not obscure now, but loved them forever.
The Pretty Reckless Again, Maybe not obscure now, but loved her (Taylor Momsen) forever
She and Him (Zooey Deschanel, who is hella cute)
All Girl Summer Fun Band
Dramarama / John Easdale
Republica
BabyMetal - just cause they are soooo freakin cute, even thou I cant understand a word of it, but they rock, lol!

And then of course there are plenty of bands that would probably be obscure to you if you didn't like that type of music like Punk, Metal, ect.
Love Halestorm as well, have meet and greet tickets to see them this Saturday in San Fran!!!

I listen to a lot of different bands. I would also throw Steven Wilson and his associated projects is always a favorite of mine. The following are some bands that are very underrated or unknown (many are Louisiana bands):

1. Hydrogen Child
2. Vagabond Swing
3. England in 1819
4. The Honey Trees
5. Katatonia
6. Lochness Mobsters
7. Old Man Markley
8. Rosco Bandana
9. The 69 Eyes

lawl so much "obscurity"

tribal tech?
sete star sept, brazen bull, dischordance axis, fields of elysium,mummification, hellusinit, impaled offering, insect warfare, macabre, assuck, iniquitous savagery, insidious decrepancy, lye by mistake, eeeh I could go on forever but its probably no one else's cup o tea. Other stuff is good too, of course

and really, if you're talking about obscurity in the musical sense, venom/mercyful fate/voivod/mayhem are the pioneeeerz

Starrunner said:
Justin Rutledge is an obscure Canadian singer. He's obscure even in Canada. It's such an injustice. His lyrics are brilliant and his voice has a beautiful, haunting, ethereal quality.

[video=youtube;MU_4SpZqncc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_4SpZqncc[/video]

Thanks for sharing! I may just look up more of his stuff! His voice reminds me a little of Neil Young in a more polished fashion. And you're right, very deep, ethereal, and melodic. :)

100th post shoutout. :laugh:

Hmm, hard to say since it's hard to know where to draw the line as to what qualifies as obscure. But from what other people have listed, I can list the following.
1. Gerry Raffetry
2. Alestorm
3. Cream (I would not call them obscure, but other people in this thread apparently do)

Others that I like and would consider obscure (possibly).
AAA
Amberian Dawn
Beirut? (Not sure if I'd call them obscure)
Caravan Palace?
Cusco
Daler Mehndi
Dario G
DeVotchKa
Maximum the Hormone
Parov Stelar?
Stromae
Twin Shadow?

I remember Gerry Rafferty! Wasn't he a member of the group that was called Stealers' Wheel and didn't they have a song called Stuck In The Middle With You? I also liked Rafferty's solo work, especially Baker Street, Right Down the Line, Mattie's Rag and Get It Right Next Time. These days music has changed so much, and although I do like some modern music like Pharrell Williams, Red Hot chilli Peppers among others, I am still a fan of older bands such as the Beatles, Bee Gees, Three Dog Night, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and some of the Heavy Metal Groups that graced the stage in the 70's and 80's. Jimi Hendrix and The Who were also favorites of mine.
I guess they just don't make music like they used to.

Yes, Gerry Rafferty was a founding member of Stealer's Wheel and they did do that ever popular song on the radio. And I love Mattie's Rag and Get It Right Next Time, there are too many of his works for me to mention that I love. And I too am a big Who fan, and an even bigger Pink Floyd fan. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back