Anyone Else Find Drawing Pictures to be Relaxing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milko

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I've been really stressed at the moment because of exams (ew I hate exams) but I have just spent the last little while drawing random pictures in an old notebook with my teddy bear and it really helps me to calm down and feel a lot happier. Does anyone else get this too?

Rarely, do I draw, but for some reason I draw pretty good, it's not a master piece by any means, but it looks cool. Although I found myself recently in similar situation to yours. I had quite a bit of limited free-time afterwards, so I just daydreamed. Felt nice though...

Yupp

I sometimes draw - not as often as I used to, mind, but it's still relaxing to me :)

Heck yeah drawing is almost an escape for me. I love it and can get totally lost in it. It gives me great satisfaction.

ozbub said:
Heck yeah drawing is almost an escape for me. I love it and can get totally lost in it. It gives me great satisfaction.

Me too, although I don't do it as often as I do.

I draw to relax, I somtimes draw pictures for hours and produce a good art piece (well sort of) and then somtimes I just colour in my colouring book or doodle

Yes, sometimes just a doodle in a boring meeting, sometimes I just start of and let the drawing take its own way

My wife, definitely!

I love to draw! If I could figure how to get pics on this site, I'd totally post my Kitty pic

Oh, sure, I draw great stick figures, but yah it is relaxing.
If you count computer drawing, then I am pretty good.

I did when I was in high school and college, and they weren't bad. Now I seem to be terrible at it. I do write stories to relax.

ElectricalEngineer said:
Yes, sometimes just a doodle in a boring meeting, sometimes I just start of and let the drawing take its own way

I tend to open up my CAD programs and draw schematics when bored.

I'm no artist, but I'm in love with coloring books. I usually spend 15 minutes a day on the way to breakfast coloring the one I have right now. I think it's a very relaxing way to pass the time, and a cute one at that!
Plus, my English teacher always told me that coloring was a good way to stimulate the visual senses, an area I tend to lack in

Entropio said:
I love to draw! If I could figure how to get pics on this site, I'd totally post my Kitty pic

Note that one of the icons at the top of the reply box is a picture of a tree, and when you hover over it, you see "Insert Image". If you punch that, you can upload a jpeg or similar.

I've actually just recently discovered a joy for drawing. It truly is relaxing to feel the pencil graze across the paper almost effortlessly. I'm not the best at it right now, but I'm picking up on a lot more details than I used to and that's helping to shape things together.

My mind numbing pleasure has to be writing before drawing though. I could write for hours (and sometimes do) about anything at all. There's just something so... simple and connecting to let your thoughts spill onto a page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back