Bambinos and Secure X-Plus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy46

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, i just read on a review site that the Secure X-Plus are the exact same diaper as the bambinos but without the ABDL designs on them. Is there any truth to this?

I'd say so. Not to be confused with Bellissimos, though. There is no non-ABDL equivalent to those. Secure X-Plus are the equivalent of the baseline Bambinos (Biancos and Classicos). Teddies were always supposed to have a bit more SAP.

From my understanding Secure X-plus is the same diaper as both the Classico & Teddy. I believe the Bellissimo is a little bit thicker than the X-Plus.

Edited- What Trevor said^ Classicos and Biancos!

Can confirm: Same diaper, same manufacturer.

Fun fact (assuming it hasn't changed..?) but the Secure X-Pluses sold on the Non-Bambino medical site they run haven't gone up in price--as the bambino diapers have.

They seems to still be $68ish, whereas bambinos have all gone up to around $71.

Ah ok, so if i understand correctly only the classico and the biancos are the same diaper as the secure x plus, and the others ones are the "same" but are thicker? So the Classicos will fit the same as the teddys but be slightly less thick?

thatguy46 said:
Ah ok, so if i understand correctly only the classico and the biancos are the same diaper as the secure x plus, and the others ones are the "same" but are thicker? So the Classicos will fit the same as the teddys but be slightly less thick?

I personally can't tell the difference between Classico/Bianco and Teddies in fit. The company described them as having a bit more SAP than those but I don't think it's enough to change anything. Bellisimos are where the difference becomes very clear. They're excellent, just often more diaper than I need.

I haven't ordered any of the secure xplus, but I have a long history with classico, bianco, and teddy. And all three are exactly the same except for the tape panel. There is no difference in price either. The secure xplus from what I can tell is the fourth in the group. also only differing in the front tape panel, which has a much more medical look and markings to get the tapes consistently placed. They are also the same price as the bambino line, and bambino sells them right along side their other diapers.

I also have history with the bellisimo. They're the exact same construction as the above four, with a unique tape panel, but the padding has been changed. It feels very similar, but has higher capacity. They probably just sprayed in some additional SAP during manufacture, but it's definitely using the same machine and cutting die. They do cost a little more to pay for the additional SAP.

One time bambino did make a change to their teddy line, changing the tape panel to a more crinkly material, and trying out those "stretch tapes". (that were a disaster) They reverted to the original design immediately.

These have something in common with the "Totaldry Plus" also for sale on Bambino's web site. The cut and tapes are at least very similar, I believe they may be made on the same machine but use completely different padding (zero SAP?), different shell material, and of course a different tape panel. They fit me identically to the teddy etc. They also have (the same?) good standing leak guards, which is uncommon in a lower capacity diaper. Totaldry Plus are significantly cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back