Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Nipples

Default Pierced Nipples

Hey question to women with pierced nipples or guys with wives/girlfriends with them done.

Does anyone know if piercing your nipples will cause a woman not to be able to nurse a baby.

I really want to nurse if/when I have kids. One of my good friends has hers done and she was telling me I should get them done. But I'm a little hesitant.

Anyone with advice or tips??? TY

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
    Hey question to women with pierced nipples or guys with wives/girlfriends with them done.

Does anyone know if piercing your nipples will cause a woman not to be able to nurse a baby.

I really want to nurse if/when I have kids. One of my good friends has hers done and she was telling me I should get them done. But I'm a little hesitant.

Anyone with advice or tips??? TY

First, our opinion is if you ever going to breastfeed your child you MUST REMOVE ALL JEWELRY FIRST. Look into this if you arn't sure of how to breast pump or breastfeed.That said...

You should have no problems expressing milk with pierced nipples. You will likely need to remove the jewelry before pumping as it may prevent you from making a good seal between the breast and the breast shield. Occasionally, there can be a build up of scar tissue in the nipple that could hinder milk flow.

Many women report that the extra holes leak milk - at times constantly. This is going to be frustrating, but the upside is you may actually pump faster as the pierce holes will certainly pass extra milk during a pumping session.
    Breastfeeding or pumping with pierced nipples

So yes can, but there a chance the holes will leak making a hassle for you.

Wow that was dead on. Thanks
    I was googling it but only found stuff about it obstructing the "pores"

Your article actually stated that the extra holes could leak which is not necessarily a bad thing. Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna get them done but i will take them out before I give birth to the kid.

I don't know anything about that, but if you get them pierced, don't get rings that are too long/pointy, or else you could literally poke someone's eye out

Yes, apparently there are lots of ducts for giving out milk, so it's really unlikely that you will damage them all

But on the downside, as was said above, they can leak.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and I hope you enjoy them if you get them done.

I'm not allowed hehe

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post

I'm not allowed hehe
    Why?

And LOL TO POJO

My gf pierced her nipples herself a long time ago when she was 16. She said it didn't hurt at all because she iced them down first. Apparently she rubbed ice around the nipple for about a minute, then jammed in the needle really fast. She said you feel the needle going in, but it doesn't hurt.

I hope that helps Kat. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    Apparently she rubbed ice around the nipple for about a minute
    That's where I stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    That's where I stopped reading.
    I don't see why; the ice numbs the nipple. It's just advice, can't you handle it?

Zeit

I've got my nipples pierced actually (I have pictures) I made a bet that if my good friend would pierce her eyebrow, I'd do my nipples. Well she did and then I did. Wasn't expecting that.

However, I doubt it ruins your ability to breastfeed but I do know that my friend (girl) who had a baby ended up taking it out so her daughter could eat. She did mention leaking every now and then but it wasn't anything too bad according to her.

If and when you do end up doing it, keeping your eyes closed and holding someone's hand (someone with a pain tolerance) will help. Other than, FOLLOW EVERYTHING ABOUT AFTERCARE! The last thing anyone wants is an infected/removed nipple.