Wearing Diaper Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictionaryA

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi,

I find it comfortable to wear a nappy overnight putting a clean one on going to bed. However, most of the nights I have done this, I have not peed in it during the night because I haven't needed to. It is just on me clean until the next morning when I pee in it then, leaving it on for the few minutes until the alarm clock goes off and I need to get dressed. This gives me the extra few minutes to relax and snooze. Recently wearing one overnight though I woke up about an hour and half earlier earlier than normal, and needed to pee so used my nappy. However, I never went back to sleep.

So, if any of you pee in your nappy during the night do you change it and wear a clean one then until morning? Or do you just wear one nappy overnight, pee if you need to and go back asleep? Just wondoring if peeing and leaving it on is something that can affect sleep, because I didn't feel uncomfortable in any way leaving it on having used it.

If I wake up to pee at night while I've got a diaper on, I'll pee in it and then go back to sleep in my wet diaper. The only time I change is if I went to bed already wet and using it during the night causes a leak, in which case I'll get it off, clean up, and change to a dry one for the rest of the night.

Pretty much do the same, though I rarely wear at night. Just wet it when I need to go and change if full, but I never had problems sleeping.

I don't usually wear at night, it gets really warm and uncomfortable

I normally change if I wake up in the middle of the night wet but most of the time I don't notice until morning

Most nights I wear its not used until very close to wake-up time anyway. But it is nice just going and rolling over to get another 1hr or so of sleep.

I almost never wake up in the middle of the night, but I will use my diaper before I fall asleep sometimes. Unless it's so wet its leaking I don't change it.

I wear to bed most nights, however I seldom wet during the night so my diaper is dry. I have specially heavy diapers must or night and If I don't use it, I just reuse it the next night and after doing my early duties for the day I change into my daytime diaper and 'm good for most of the day.

When I wet it at night I just stay in it until the next morning when I change. Sometimes I go to bed in an already wet diaper as well=p. The only time when I would change my diaper during the night is if it leaks really bad. I used to have a mattress protector but if the leak is bad I get the duvet wet as well. That's when I normally get up and change into a clean one

I usually go to bed a little wet anyway, so I guess I got used to it really quickly. It isn't uncomfortable for me at all. If I wake up and need to pee again I usually do, then just go back to sleep. If I get up to change it, my body thinks it's time to really get up and I can't fall back asleep.

DictionaryA said:
So, if any of you pee in your nappy during the night do you change it and wear a clean one then until morning? Or do you just wear one nappy overnight, pee if you need to and go back asleep? Just wondoring if peeing and leaving it on is something that can affect sleep, because I didn't feel uncomfortable in any way leaving it on having used it.

I usually empty out before changing into my overnight diaper and going to bed. (I only wear disposable diapers) I'll wake up 5-20 times a night. (no, it's not fun) I can usually get back to sleep quickly, unless I have to get up to take a pee. (walking across cold floors, turning on lights, takes awhile to get back to sleep after that) But hey, I'm diapered, right? Relax, empty bladder, and immediately back to sleep. (that's the plan anyway, it doesn't always work that way) So for me, diapers help me get a good night's rest. I wake up wet most mornings, sometimes near capacity.

I've only had to get up to change overnight on a few rare occasions, when my body has been holding onto water and suddenly decides to clear out overnight. My go-to overnight diaper is the 24/7 comfidry, which is good for at least four large wettings. I don't mind sleeping in a wet diaper, though I prefer not to GO to bed in a wet diaper. I always change and clean up before bed. Keeps my skin healthy.

I wear 24/7 and air out while sitting on the couch watching tv, I sit on a pad and on a fresh diaper that I can quickly pull up if I start to leak, you should always try to air out daily for a few hours.

Have not had an issue yet when airing out but ai always go pee before hand so my bladder should be empty for the air out time

Thanks for responses. Last night was similar for me. I needed to pee in the middle of the night, so wet my nappy. Felt relaxed using it and the nappy felt perfectly comfortable afterwards and I left it on me until morning. Generally that seems to suit most based on what has been said above, unless it has been used multiple times, and I only wet it the once. Got back to sleep this this time, but still took over half an hour, even though I was tired. Now I'm wondoring if it is something to do with the fact that I have to move out of a lying position to pee during the night. I don't seem to be able to wet my nappy until I sit up in the bed. I then move straight back to lying down. Has this ever been an issue for any of you? If it has, have you found away around this and reached a point where you can pee lying in the bed? Just takes time to adapt maybe?

Last edited:
DictionaryA said:
Just takes time to adapt maybe?

Exactly this. Every time it gets a little easier, and at some point it will just happen.
The first time my girl wet in public, for example, she didn't really think about it until about 5 minutes later!

I've been wearing every night for about two months now. With my bedwetting, if I go to bed without a diaper its pretty much a guarantee I'll wet even if I drained my bladder before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back