Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Well I have been trying to make my way around here and get to know a little about the place. I guess that one of the best places to start is right here with a little introduction.

My name is Todd and I am probably much older than the majority of you around here, but that doesn't matter much to me. I enjoy a good conversation and have found some very good ones in forums such as this.

I have been somewhat active in the AB/DL community for about five or six years now. I do not consider myself either a AB or a DL. I am incontinent and actually discovered the AB/DL community while looking for a better product to meet my personal needs.

Just a bit on my past and what led to my problems. While in the Marine Corps I had a growth discovered and eventually operated on in an area that was very close to the some nerves. When the Nave did surgery, there was some scaring and nerve damage that began to cause a loss of bladder control. Now 8 surgeries later I am pretty much totally bladder incontinent and I do wear some form of protection 24/7.

Like I had said I discovered the AB/DL community while looking for a better product. When I discovered that there were people who actually enjoyed wearing diapers I found it rather interesting and I stuck around to learn a little more. I have found that discussing my needs and reading of others who use diapers has been very therapeutic. I have come to better accept my need of diapers and have become much more comfortable wearing them either at home or in public.

Well now you know that I am older and have a need for the diapers so about the only thing I could add is that I am a single father and I have four kids and now one grandchild.

I guess that anything else about me will come up in discussion or just feel free to ask.

Yayz - another member, and one with a different take on things, a different perspective to the rest of us. And a father: I think we only have 4 other members who are parents (two of them a couple) - or who admit to being parents. I think you'ld be the third who is or was in the military, also.

I am already getting better at getting around Mandi. I do think from what I have seen so far that I will like it here.

Welcome to our community! I hope you enjoy it here!

I enjoy seeing a variety of people with different backgrounds coming to the site!

Glad to see you post again Todd! Although you are trying to learn the ropes of the forum. But I think you'll settle in no problems if you keep the effort up .

Anyway, Welcome!

Nice to see another "older" member about! Just so you feel a bit more comfortable - I can tell you with great confidence that you are not the only parent here. Nor are you the only grandparent. I can claim both.

They don't seem to hold that against us, thankfully!

Welcome aboard!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by dondd View Post
    Nice to see another "older" member about! Just so you feel a bit more comfortable - I can tell you with great confidence that you are not the only parent here. Nor are you the only grandparent. I can claim both.

They don't seem to hold that against us, thankfully!

Welcome aboard!

Don
    Hold it against you (grandfatherhood)? Of course not!! Not around here! This attitude speaks to many of the characteristics that make this such a unique social space, in the recreational diaper world, and the world in general. A wide age-range is not only allowed it is encouraged. Safety for our membership is a paramount issue and it is achieved: not just in terms of security but in terms of allowing people to be open about who they are; this lets us all feel confident to talk about feelings, circumstances, other personal things without the fear of being misunderstood or wrongly suspected of anything. This freedom lets people contribute more richly. We have many young members who benefit from the perspectives of older people - even ancient wizened raccoons - both because they've "been there" - and because they can represent a parent's point of view. There is respect for elders here, built into the social structure, and without the need for explicit rules! Is that great, or what??!! This site is wonderful in this way, and many many other ways; to acknowledge this, there is a thread called The Moo Wall where we honor and thank the site's founder and chief administrator. Whether a person comes here as a tourist or decides to stay, it is one of the must-see attractions.http://www.persistentrealities.com/images/emoticon/sunglasses.gif http://www.msgweb.nl/images/emoticons/Camera/item3405.jpg http://www.msgweb.nl/images/emoticons/Camera/item3408.gif http://fc02.deviantart.com/images/i/2002/6/2/8/Camera_Emoticon_v2.0.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Where might one find this "Moo Wall"?