• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

shhsecret

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey there!

I'm a student, coming up on my final semesters, studying anthropology/archaeology. I'd like to get more into the ab/dl community. I've been switching back and forth between hating myself for being into this stuff and fully embracing it for years. I'd love to have an outlet here :smile:

~~Secret

Hello shhsecret and welcome to the group.

What you have described in your introduction is the binge and purge cycle.
You can find a lot of information here to gain understanding and control of the situation.

The main thing is to realize that you are not alone.

So that we can get to know you better, would you please take a moment and tell us a little bit about yourself such as your hobbies and interests?

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

shhsecret said:
Hey there!

I'm a student, coming up on my final semesters, studying anthropology/archaeology. I'd like to get more into the ab/dl community. I've been switching back and forth between hating myself for being into this stuff and fully embracing it for years. I'd love to have an outlet here :smile:

~~Secret

Howdy and welcome to the site. WoW, that's quite a major to be studying. I took some Hominology classes as part of my Biology degree. It was really interesting. To be studying both anthropology and archaeology... wow. You're sounding a bit like Indiana Jones. :p

Yeah, most of us here, have dealt with the same issues that you're talking about. It's taken me quite awhile to be able to accept myself with all this stuff. I'm still pretty private about all of it. But I'm getting better. I've had the opportunity to meet several others on this site in real life. It took me years to be able to accept things to that point where I could do that tho. I'm in a rural area, there aren't too many others like myself around where I'm at. But acceptance takes time. You shouldn't be worried about rushing it. Even some people that have accepted themselves might still go through the occasional binge / purge cycle when it comes to their stash / collection.

But yeah, it just takes time. Don't hate yourself tho. We've all been there. We know what it's like. Hopefully you can find some community here to make things easier for yourself.

egor said:
Hello shhsecret and welcome to the group.

What you have described in your introduction is the binge and purge cycle.
You can find a lot of information here to gain understanding and control of the situation.

The main thing is to realize that you are not alone.

So that we can get to know you better, would you please take a moment and tell us a little bit about yourself such as your hobbies and interests?

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Thanks for the welcome!
I like having a name to put to my cycling, and it feels good to know I'm not alone. As for hobbies and interests, I hate to say it but I'm pretty boring. When I have the time I like to dabble in experimental archaeology, but other than that I'm mostly indoors reading or working on my research.

Mattew said:
Howdy and welcome to the site. WoW, that's quite a major to be studying. I took some Hominology classes as part of my Biology degree. It was really interesting. To be studying both anthropology and archaeology... wow. You're sounding a bit like Indiana Jones. :p

Yeah, most of us here, have dealt with the same issues that you're talking about. It's taken me quite awhile to be able to accept myself with all this stuff. I'm still pretty private about all of it. But I'm getting better. I've had the opportunity to meet several others on this site in real life. It took me years to be able to accept things to that point where I could do that tho. I'm in a rural area, there aren't too many others like myself around where I'm at. But acceptance takes time. You shouldn't be worried about rushing it. Even some people that have accepted themselves might still go through the occasional binge / purge cycle when it comes to their stash / collection.

But yeah, it just takes time. Don't hate yourself tho. We've all been there. We know what it's like. Hopefully you can find some community here to make things easier for yourself.

Oh goodness! I can't say I've ever been called Indiana Jones, thanks! I wish I was that cool, it's mostly just digging in the dirt though. Thanks for the sweet words, they really help :)

Hi Hi! Ima student as well. Studying sociology and communications. I'm gonna be designing those labels on the chip bags that make you hungry so you will buy em [emoji38] on a serious note, I enjoy being a *little* college student. People have a more adapt way of looking at the world & I have faith :) btw I just had a talk with a friend yesterday, who wants to be my big, about all this and the topic of binge/purge cycle came up... I chuckled when I saw that part bc it's a well shared experience around these parts thus, you have nothing to worry about. Don't ever feel alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back