Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else been told they were abnormal?

Default Anyone else been told they were abnormal?

As a kid growing up I had a attraction to diapers, girl clothes, bondage, and a few other minor interests. My parents constantly found my stashes and reminded me of what the Bible and God would think of me, also they would condemn me for doing the "sinful" acts.

On a side note my step sister wore goodnites because her real mom let her and she wanted to so my step dad and mother let her but if I wanted to do it they wouldn't let me and punished me for having the desire.

I felt stifled by their constant lectures and punishments... Almost like I had to behave how they wanted me to. Strictly christian by book like I couldn't express myself at all. If it didn't match their doctrine it wasn't proper or right...

And even now as a adult I still feel like a slave to the teachings from when I was a kid...

I want to wear diapers 24/7 but from my upbringing I feel like I'm committing a sin, also I would like to wear girl clothes but once again I feel like I'm sinning because of that teaching and punishments.

The Bondage part I've learned its not wrong and I do it every so often....

Has anyone else experienced the same or have advice for me?

BTW I'm married to a wonderful woman who accepts the fact I wear diapers and deals with bondage however, she doesn't want me to wear the girl clothes cause its not natural..

I feel so confused hence my screen name... Do I need help mentally?

In answer to the question in the subject line, yes I've been told that a few times. I haven't told anyone who isn't into it about being an ABDL, so it hasn't come up in that context but if it did, they wouldn't be telling me anything I don't already know. Of course we're abnormal: we deviate from the norm. The more important question is whether that deviation or abnormality is harmful. I can't answer that one definitively for anyone but myself. I think it can be but in my case (and in most that I read about here), it isn't. It can be troublesome, distracting, disruptive, and a number of other things. It can also be amazing. I think it's a mixed bag but like many things, it's mostly what we make of it.

As to the rest, we make our own chains. We get help (positive or negative) from others but it ultimately lies with you. You might well benefit from some professional help, but not to banish this. Life is a lot better when you start to accept yourself for your harmless quirks.

I think there's something different between between abnormal and being sinful or wrong.

I see, quite frequently, people talk about reconciling their interest in diapers with their Christianity and I admit I don't see why diapers are a sin.

Are you hurting anyone? No, you're not. There's no harm or violence.
    Are you profaning God? No, the Bible doesn't say anything about wearing diapers as it affects worship or piety

I think the Church and people who are Christian sometimes use the Bible to tell people that they're doing wrong, when what they really mean is "you're doing something we don't like, even though the Bible doesn't speak to it at all."

Religion does not ban people from pleasure, either. People enjoy all sorts of pleasures from eating good food to, in some cases, enjoying the feel of wearing a diaper. You've said that bdsm is not wrong, and I assure you that there's nothing special about diaper wearing that somehow makes it worse (indeed, it's quite a bit more tame than some bondage).

Thanks for the replies. I am going to just let it be me. I just need to let go of what I was taught and embrace who I am now. Maybe make a few compromises and enjoy a happy medium somewhere in between.
    Its not me who has a problem with it is them and if they do they need to deal with it not me cause its my life and not theirs. The only person I'm accountable to is God and my Wife. I just need to let my past teaching go and live my life as I want to

The thing I think you need to remember is that it is not your choice that you feel like this. Granted, it is a choice to act on one's desires/feelings, but I think the real sin is to deny someone the right to feel happy and be who they want to be simply on the basis that they are different.
    I think that other people have no right to condemn someone as "wrong" because they don't fit someone's idea of how people should be. Not even sure if that makes sense .

You're okay, understand? You're just fine. The bible is my favorite book. You know why? It's because nowhere in it does it say, "Thou shalt not have any feelings that are difficult for others to understand, or have any fetishes." Honor your parents, but don't worship their doctrine like it's Him, because The Father said not to. Try sitting in the quietest place possible, and talk to Him. Read His Word, so you can separate His doctrine from theirs. Ask Messiah to hold you up, if that's what you need. You'd be surprised, but He's not about doctrinal B.S. He wants you to love Him and He loves you!

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    You're okay, understand? You're just fine. The bible is my favorite book. You know why? It's because nowhere in it does it say, "Thou shalt not have any feelings that are difficult for others to understand, or have any fetishes." Honor your parents, but don't worship their doctrine like it's Him, because The Father said not to. Try sitting in the quietest place possible, and talk to Him. Read His Word, so you can separate His doctrine from theirs. Ask Messiah to hold you up, if that's what you need. You'd be surprised, but He's not about doctrinal B.S. He wants you to love Him and He loves you!
    I 100% Aggree SpAzpieSweeTot, and that is true, I admittingly tried to be normal in my lower grades, due to my asbergers, and I decided to just be me, and also in the bible the only requirements is to be saved, and to love the Lord, I'll prey for you, and can I join in on the hug,

for me it was the reason I fought with my diapers and AB side for years, but now with sites like this one, it has helped me a lot with accepting who I'm.
    and to all

I'm curious as to the rationale of what makes bondage acceptable to the Christian god vs wearing diapers.

Care to explain?

Anyway, I'm with ArchieRoni on the idea that people have a tendency to label things that go against their personal preferences as fundamentally immoral. Religion can amplify that (doesn't have to obviously) by allowing (or forcing) people to pin such judgement on an all powerful third party. It's the same mentality behind homosexuality being considered a sin... or interracial marriages... etc.

I wouldn't let it bother you further than being upset that people close to you might be being cruel.

Bondage for me was a choice that I finally accepted as who I am. You could probably ask anyone who is part of my denomination and they would say its abnormal. However up until recently people I'm acquainted with have told me its wrong to wear diapers and that only babies and old people wear them and that doing it as a fetish is acting stupid and I should wear regular underwear like normal people. But I'm going to wear them because I want to and I find them comfortable to me.... At one time I needed them for bedwetting but now I do cause I want to (if that makes sense)