Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
today I turn twenty years old. It feels weird to think of myself as twenty instead of any number with the suffix "teen", but I guess that's because it's been that way for so long. There's not much special that happens at 20 I think, but it's still kinda cool.
What did yall do for your twentieth birthday?

Went to my uncle, the same for every birthday.

Nothing, I felt crap! I never turned down any opportunities, but I just felt that I missed out on just being a kid. I've just called it my quarter-life crisis :laugh:

Happy birthday Butterscotch...it's just another birthday it doesn't change who you are, but it is kinda nice when you're not being little, to be past the teens.... playing big games is fun as little games sometimes. Anyway you will always be just the way you are on the inside. Enjoy being twenty but don't let it change you. :hugs: oh btw I just kinda partied with my partner and a couple of mates pretty low key afair.

ajsco said:
Nothing, I felt crap! I never turned down any opportunities, but I just felt that I missed out on just being a kid. I've just called it my quarter-life crisis :laugh:

I think I just got out of that. :)

Yeah I guess you're right, all of you lol I woke up feeling like crap cuz I was lit till 2, and yeah I'm 20 on paper but it really doesn't mean I have to suddenly change into someone else. I'm the same guy I was yesterday at 19 XD

It's my first birthday away from home, out at college away from my family

Twenty was nothing. I was in college, not old enough to drink, and had voted when I was 18 (happened there was a Presidential election that year). So, very little changed for me.

Thirty, on the other hand, was hard. I had just started grad school, and I was literally the second-oldest of the cohort of 67 with which I started. There I was with a bunch of 20-somethings fresh out of undergrad or with only a couple years in the working world, and I had been in the corporate world for eight years by then. I went from being the youngest on the team (at work) to feeling like I was the world-worn wise elder statesman in the blink of an eye. Then I turned 30 pretty much right then at the same time. And suddenly I found myself feeling old.

My thoughts? Roll with it, whatever it feels like. Chances are good that if you're feeling like there's something to turning X, there's more at play than just the number. What you're up with your life and how you're conducting yourself are way more important than a number that society uses to preconceive how it feels you should act.

20 was 20 years ago for me soooo long ago

Happy birthday.

I didn't really do much for my 20th.

happy birthday to you! I'm 20 as well. I do feel it's kinda a confusing part in the life cycle

Marka said:
When I turned 20, I was taken to a Red Robin in Colorado Springs...

Great.....now I am hungry

Happy 20 dude!

I agree it felt weird not being a teenager anymore. But I was still not old enough to drink legally, so I remember 20 being disappointing. Ironically it was not until my mid 20s that I started wanting to be a kid again. As they say youth is wasted on the young.

Reaching 20 years old is one thing. When you reach 30, you will be blown away at how fast those 10 years went by.

remembering 1991 was a bit of a struggle. i had to check my CV.
anyways, turning 20 was a nothing, since i can't remember it, and i think that i'd stopped counting my years by that point. 21 was a bigger farce as everybody else was making out like it was some big deal, but i was totally uninterested; the only saving grace of that day was that the local shop only had girls' 21 keys left, so i got a nice, pink bit of cardboard box containing a cheap and nasty plastic key.

you'd think that people would be over the whole birthday thing by 12. at the end of the day, it's only a countdown to death.

ade said:
remembering 1991 was a bit of a struggle. i had to check my CV.
anyways, turning 20 was a nothing, since i can't remember it, and i think that i'd stopped counting my years by that point. 21 was a bigger farce as everybody else was making out like it was some big deal, but i was totally uninterested; the only saving grace of that day was that the local shop only had girls' 21 keys left, so i got a nice, pink bit of cardboard box containing a cheap and nasty plastic key.

you'd think that people would be over the whole birthday thing by 12. at the end of the day, it's only a countdown to death.
For most Americans, 21 is when we get to drink legally (For those close enough to the border with Ontario, that's at 19 instead). What's the deal with the keys or whatever?

GoldDragonAurkarm said:
For most Americans, 21 is when we get to drink legally (For those close enough to the border with Ontario, that's at 19 instead). What's the deal with the keys or whatever?

the history of key giving seems to have various supposed origins, but the obvious and more recent symbolism works as well.
on the drinking age thing, hardly anybody over here gives that any real credence; i don't know anybody who drinks who wasn't drinking long before the legal age of buying. commenting on drinking and turning 18 is often met with a sarcastic, "oh, i'm legal, now, am i?"

It's hard to feel sorry for you Butterscotch as I will be 56 in a few months but fear not it is not as bad as you might think. When I turned 20 here in the US of A the voting and drinking ages had been reduced to 18 due to the War in Nam so it was a non event. Turning 24 was my worst birthday due to tough economic times, out of work, in debt and back living with my parents. Again, fear not age and becoming those you dislike for I have found that but for a few extra minor aches and pains I am still the person I was at fifteen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back