Scored a pack of vintage goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenworthW900b

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I was walking through a local salvage store which has always been a great place to find adult diapers in the past and I spotted a blue pack of original XL goodnites and I had to have them, it is a 13 pack dated 4/8/03 which means that unfortunately they are the "trim fit" version but they have to be some of the very last all white goodnites ever made. Now I am trying to decide what to do with them, I know that even though they are the trim fit they are still larger than the ones made today and I could wear them but I cant seem to bring myself to open them, also I thought of selling them but I dont know what they are worth as the XL size didnt last long after the trim fit debut as they combined the large and XL sizes into one size. I know that just because they are old and kind of rare does not mean they are valueble so maybe I should just wear and enjoy them! Anyway just had to share this one.

I'm glad you corrected yourself. Trimfit aren't, as you stated, the "original" XL Goodnites. Heck of a score though! Remember, they were bigger but they don't stretch like the new ones. I would just shelve 'em and enjoy them as a decoration/collector item.

You should put them away somewhere safe, I remember using the trim fit during my early AB ventures and they quite honestly sucked.

use them...you won't get much for them on ebay unless they are the large XL ones

Use them or sell them. Do what makes you happy. I've got a big collection of the original Goodnites. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. Might sell them one day, or maybe just use them.

I'll buy vintage cloth diapers without reservation, but I've learned my lesson with disposables. I recently picked up a late-90's bag of Pampers Baby Dry for a surprisingly merciful $150. Unfortunately, though the bag was still sealed, the diapers had not aged well. The padding verged on brittle, and had a rather unpleasant stale odor. Leaving the diapers out of the bag for several weeks did nothing to help either of these issues.

I don't blame the seller; he or she couldn't easily have known that the diapers had "spoiled", but therein lies a big problem: The condition of vintage disposables is a bit difficult to gauge. If moisture has somehow gotten into the bag, or other long-running chemical processes have been at work, you'll never know until you open the bag. For those of us who would be inclined to actually use the diapers versus collecting them, this makes the sky-high eBay prices even harder to justify.

My $0.02.

Cottontail said:
I'll buy vintage cloth diapers without reservation, but I've learned my lesson with disposables. I recently picked up a late-90's bag of Pampers Baby Dry for a surprisingly merciful $150...

Dang, $150? ...I'm sitting on a gold mine. I've got several packages of those Pampers, as well as the Barney Luvs ones, & original Goodnites.

Mattew said:
Dang, $150? ...I'm sitting on a gold mine. I've got several packages of those Pampers, as well as the Barney Luvs ones, & original Goodnites.

You have the Barney diapers! Those are pretty much the reason I'm an ab/dl. My first memories when I was like 4 was wanting to wear those when my nanny brought them over for her daughter who was a couple years younger. I even got the other daughter who was my age to try to catch me and put the diapers on me. She ought me of coarse. But again those diapers where the infancy of my diaper loving.

Paddedwolf said:
You have the Barney diapers! Those are pretty much the reason I'm an ab/dl. My first memories when I was like 4 was wanting to wear those when my nanny brought them over for her daughter who was a couple years younger. I even got the other daughter who was my age to try to catch me and put the diapers on me. She ought me of coarse. But again those diapers where the infancy of my diaper loving.

The Plastic backed Pampers with the bears with balloons (ABU SDK is modeled after them), is my fav. That diaper is to me what the Barney diaper is for you.

Mattew said:
The Plastic backed Pampers with the bears with balloons (ABU SDK is modeled after them), is my fav. That diaper is to me what the Barney diaper is for you.

Very cool! I was thinking of getting a pack or case of AB diapers, but the cost of them plus shipping is to much for my utility.

Paddedwolf said:
Very cool! I was thinking of getting a pack or case of AB diapers, but the cost of them plus shipping is to much for my utility.

They're not something I'd wear all the time. But they are sometimes fun to wear. You should get a package of printed diapers sometime & use them as a treat.

Last edited:
Mattew said:

Got any of the Blue's Clues Luvs?

KimbaStarshine said:

If you're brave enough to test the accuracy of this, you could potentially score a bag of--well, size 5--Blue's Clues Luvs for $10+s/h:
http://www.cvs.com/shop/baby-child/...diapers-jumbo-size-5-over-27-lbs-skuid-802809

It's tempting to think that they simply haven't updated the picture, but the title seems pretty unambiguous too, so... :shrug:

Interestingly, my nearest (30 miles away) CVS claims to have these diapers in stock. I might have to test that. It's always kind of fun to find older-style diapers still on shelves. Up until very recently, the Rite Aid drug store near me had the 2009 Pampers Cruisers available in size 6. I debated buying them simply to resell, but decided I couldn't be bothered.

Mattew said:
They're not something I'd wear all the time. But they are sometimes fun to wear. You should get a package of printed diapers sometime & use them as a treat.

I do have AB printed cloth diapers from AIO that I wear all the time. But it is a different feel from the disposables. I have AIO diapers with cute car prints, Care Bear prints, babyish toy pony prints, My little pony prints, and one of my favorites Pokemon prints. I also have 2 diaper covers one with babyish truck prints and one with babyish airplane prints. I use the diaper covers to go over my 24/7s when I wear them and over my cloth AIOs when I'm out for extra protection. I have worn AB disposables before. I dated a guy for a while that had a whole lot of AB disposable diapers. He helped me in to one of his awww so cutes, but never one of his Bellisimos, but he had them. Maybe I should order a pack and wear one maybe once a month. So it would last a year. I really do like the Bellisimos.

I've been making some decent cash selling off my collection of the old XL Goodnites on ebay..not enough to live off of, but enough to pay some utility bills, gas for the car, etc.

KimbaStarshine said:

I'd have to look to see if I still have some. I'm pretty sure I do. I used them as stuffers for awhile. I think the last time I looked, I still had a pack of them, that'd survived my purge cycles. They're cloth backed tho.

Cottontail said:
If you're brave enough to test the accuracy of this, you could potentially score a bag of--well, size 5--Blue's Clues Luvs for $10+s/h:
http://www.cvs.com/shop/baby-child/...diapers-jumbo-size-5-over-27-lbs-skuid-802809

It's tempting to think that they simply haven't updated the picture, but the title seems pretty unambiguous too, so... :shrug:

Interestingly, my nearest (30 miles away) CVS claims to have these diapers in stock. I might have to test that. It's always kind of fun to find older-style diapers still on shelves. Up until very recently, the Rite Aid drug store near me had the 2009 Pampers Cruisers available in size 6. I debated buying them simply to resell, but decided I couldn't be bothered.

I remember seeing a store webpage like this, still offering them for sale. I've also seen them on occasion on eBay, including one time a case of size 6. But my living situation makes ordering online pretty much impossible anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back