Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sort of re-using nappies.

Default Sort of re-using nappies.

Trying to search about this but I couldn't find much. I love a full nappy (pee only) as much as the next person but what I do get grumpy about is being in my own pee too long. I have started slipping off the used one after a while and putting on clean one then putting the soiled one on the outside. It gives a second layer and the bulky feeling but less skin contact. Didn't know if anyone else does this or can forsee any issue with it?

I only reuse clean diapers. Say I get home from work and my daytime diaper isn't wet and isn't too physically worn out. I'll carefully slip out of it and place it in the drawer, to use another evening for a few hours of wear say between evening and bedtime

I use a two diaper cycle system that works pretty well. I like em thick (who doesn't, lol) so I have one underneath for function and one over top for feel or appearance. (Sometimes the ones that work best don't have the best plastic on the outside for an authentic feel, or don't have a cute print.) Then once the bottom layer is used I'll toss it, use the top layer as the bottom layer and add a new top layer. The cycle continues that way, always swapping out the bottom layer. I've got a few printed ones that I've used a dozen times as outer layers, simply because they're clean and the under layer keeps them from wearing out. Essentially I use them as diaper covers.

When they finally start to wear out I tape them on and go swimming. <3

I don't know about re-using wet diapers. You're kind of asking for an infection. At least where I live it is quite humid, and you can see small black mold dots developing on the liner within the first 24 hours. I know everywhere is different, but still.

I would be concerned with sanitary problems. Even if you place something between their is the breeding ground for germs that can result in them spreading. This could also promote a diaper rash.

Why anybody would want to re-wear a wet diaper is beyond me. Gross.

As long as you don't mess, used diapers aren't going to hurt you. Urine ("pee")is sterile- no bacteria, nothing funky will grow, you won't get "infected" with anything.

The worst thing that happens in the short term is ammonia. After a few days the natural decomposition of the urine produces some ammonia, which can be very irritating to your skin.

If you want to be in thick squishy diapers, but don't want to marinate yourself in old piss, then layering is your best bet.

CodyRush has a great system. Basically, use a single diaper for function, then put more on top for thickness.

Another approach is to puncture & layer your diapers. Poke/tear holes in a diaper so it leaks, then put another punctured diaper over it, maybe one more (or many more . . .). Finish with an xl-size premium diaper "topper". When you "change", you toss any layers that are funky or falling apart, add a fresh base-layer, then put the rest of the used diapers back on top. This way you get to enjoy the squish and funk of a well-used diaper, without being in direct contact with it.

P.S. @boobybird89: Some people do, some people don't. Some of us like to wear dresses, some like to mess, some only ever wear dry diapers and never use them . . . there's all sorts of people here.

Quote Originally Posted by carstoncouche View Post
    As long as you don't mess, used diapers aren't going to hurt you. Urine ("pee")is sterile- no bacteria, nothing funky will grow, you won't get "infected" with anything.

The worst thing that happens in the short term is ammonia. After a few days the natural decomposition of the urine produces some ammonia, which can be very irritating to your skin.

If you want to be in thick squishy diapers, but don't want to marinate yourself in old piss, then layering is your best bet.

CodyRush has a great system. Basically, use a single diaper for function, then put more on top for thickness.

Another approach is to puncture & layer your diapers. Poke/tear holes in a diaper so it leaks, then put another punctured diaper over it, maybe one more (or many more . . .). Finish with an xl-size premium diaper "topper". When you "change", you toss any layers that are funky or falling apart, add a fresh base-layer, then put the rest of the used diapers back on top. This way you get to enjoy the squish and funk of a well-used diaper, without being in direct contact with it.

P.S. @boobybird89: Some people do, some people don't. Some of us like to wear dresses, some like to mess, some only ever wear dry diapers and never use them . . . there's all sorts of people here.
    I may be terribly misinformed... however... urine is only sterile for the short period it is released, and maybe not all of that (see: clean-catch for medical UA's)...

The thing of it is according to my information... we're loaded with opportunistic bacteria... normally harmless until skin degradation and sufficient immune deficiency allow it to propagate... likely all the more if a medium such as a warm wet diaper provides an incubator of sorts for the bacteria to multiply... It is by my understanding, various bacteria break down the urea to create the ammonia as a waste product of said bacteria(s)...

and yes, the ammonia further disrupts the skin's defense properties, making way for the possible advancement of Candida Albicans too, also an opportunistic fungal pathogen, commonly detected in or around the rectum for starters...

Across the populous, the odds of an infection requiring medical treatment from this activity is probably statistically low... but, that's not a lottery you want to win...

Saying "urine is sterile", out of context especially, is more disinformation than useful... after a short period of exposure to the air, one's skin, and to a diaper that's been exposed to all of the above... it's not sterile...

Answering the OP, kupo... having the used one on the outside of a 'clean' one... should significantly reduce the chances of some sort of infection caused by your used diaper, yet the odor may become an issue...

It's a gamble...

I'm not offended if that turns your crank, there may be better alternatives though...

My best,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by carstoncouche View Post
    The ammonia is a waste product of bacteria - that is how urine (and most organics) decomposes.

If we're talking about adding overnight bulk, I don't think this is really an issue. It's not too different than those of us that have simply worn wet diapers for a long time. I've regularly been wet for 5-10 hour stretches with no negative consequences, though I quickly add that my skin isn't very sensitive.

If we're talking about saving a used diaper for more than the same day, I think health risks as well as environment issues like smell become a much bigger problem and I wouldn't encourage it.