Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just got my package of Northshore Airsupremes and I noticed something I haven't had with other diapers that I've been able to get my hands on. Fresh from the wrapping the diapers have a very noticeable alcoholic smell to them, like rubbing alcohol. I understand it's probably being from the sterile machines making the diapers, but I wanted to know if anybody else has noticed a smell like this from specific brands?

I recall attends a long time ago had that strong medical smell to them. Not sure if the still do.

I've noticed a smell with my Northshores, that I can't exactly identify. It's not really an alcohol smell to me. But I've noticed a similar smell with ATN's. The ATN's smell is stronger to me than the Northshores. I can't really identify the smell, other than it's "medical smell"

NorthShores smell like paper to me. Definitely not alcohol, at least mine don't/haven't.

My Northshore Supreme diapers (the plastic backed ones) smell like cheap plastic. It's pretty much their only downside...to me at least.

So many possible ABDL jokes off this subject line.

Trevor said:
So many possible ABDL jokes off this subject line.

...I'm very tempted to give this a "+" rep point...ohh why can't we like comments....

Mattew said:
...I'm very tempted to give this a "+" rep point...ohh why can't we like comments....

Once upon a time, something humorous was a valid reason in itself for rep. I think humor springs pretty naturally but we might have been a funnier place back then. Ah, well.

Trevor said:
Once upon a time, something humorous was a valid reason in itself for rep. I think humor springs pretty naturally but we might have been a funnier place back then. Ah, well.

That surprised me. I was like, oh my, they finally got rid of rep. Now how does people turn gold?

Anyway I've never experienced alcohol smell in diapers, but a lot of adult diapers smell like hospital, which is kind of unpleasant. That's why I love baby diapers. They come scented, plus cute drawings that are hard to resist. I agree the smell must be part of the manufacturing process, since they have to ensure those things come out clean, but yuck, nonetheless.

Depend Real Fit recently started to smell very bad as well. With the Real Fit it must be the glue they use to attach the "cloth" part to the absorbent part and it is only on the newest version of them with the new white tag in the back.

Marka said:
I do wonder what expensive plastic might smell like... -Marka
The way Abenas, Dry 24-7s, Bambinos, Xpmedical absorbency plus level 4s, or Tena Slip Maxi diapers smell, perhaps?

iD Experts have a smell to them I don't like, seriously it's so bad (for me - I've a sensitive nose!) it puts me off buying them often. This is unfortunate as they're a good brand...and now one of a small handful of PVC-style brands that's easily avay' in the UK. bms

Marka said:
Oh, you caught me with my quip lol...

Perhaps, yet I'm still understanding that it is precisely the same LDPE on all of them... some much thinner... I suppose there may be different blends or something... perhaps what's used for coloring may change the smells...? :dunno:

-Marka
Well, I dunno. Maybe it's stinky glue or plastic. Maybe it's stinky padding or elastic, but they're pretty white...so I am going to pretty much think to myself that the coloring can't be the reason for the smell.

The Northshore Supremes are definitely unlike any other diaper I've used. Ya know, Bambinos, Fabines, Secure X-Plus, and AwwSoCutes are (literally) different variations of the same base diaper, and are definitely made on the same machine...and I think the current Dry 24-7s and the Xpmedical absorbency plus level 4s are made of the same basic materials so they're probably made on the same machine. The Northshores tho. Who knows what makes em plasticky smelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back