Shower time - how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shower daily. Is there a disability involved? Otherwise why should you have to be putting up with this? Why can't he take out his own trash? It's just common decency. AB/DL or not, its not an excuse to be irresponsible. I think you need to set some boundaries.

I'm personally not a shower person. I find that it's not as effective as a normal bath. I enjoy just soaking and reading on the side. Back to the subject at hand. I was much like your husband at one point. I thought it was a waste of time and would push it off for days at a time. I would say find a way to make it fun or special.

It seems odd to me that he wouldn't shower or take a bath daily. I usually wear diapers to bed and wake up wet, so I take a shower every morning. Even if I didn't wear, I would take a shower every morning because it helps with shaving. For me to not start the day clean would bother me immensely. If hub is only showering or bathing once a week or less, he needs psychological help, in my opinion, especially with diaper wearing. I don't know how you stand it.

I shower in the morning and before bed time at night. Early enough at night where my bum is dry and ready for powder before diapering.

I shower every morning after night diapering and as a part of cleaning up after messy accidents

I take a shower every single day. Being physically disabled, I have a shower bench to sit on and the shower head is on a long hose to enable me to clean my body. I can no stand in thee bathtub, due to danger of falls.

I shower at least once a day whether I'm wearing a diaper or not just to make sure I am clean. Also I want to feel clean as well and when I'm out and about I like to feel fresh.

Shower once a day. If I need to change, I use wet wipes.

Since I wear to a certain extent everyday, I wash up my diaper area and moisturize nightly after wearing pull ups all day. Each morning I shower after my nightly diapering. Its really important to keep hygienic as well as your skin healthy. Used diapers leave the house everyday in the trash...but using odor reducing liners for the can helps.

Somewhere, back in school, I read that Europeans shop every day and bathe once a week...
later, when I lived in Europe, I found this was true! Is the OP a euro?

One of my friends, with years of living on the Continent (not incontinent), would say of a certain nationality: "Clean cars, filthy bodies."

Tell him more showers = more oral. It's win win! Seriously.

There could be an emotional scar in the back of his mind which makes the shower a difficult place.
In my case, I had a fear of the shower, and found from info from older sibling that when I was 2-3 my parents would take me from my wet bed, beat me, and put me into a cold shower. Hence, the shower became a fearful place. Not until I understood and dealt with it did it get much easier to take daily showers.

Okay okay we GET IT.... EVERYONE in this thread and most of the society we live in for that matter showers at least once every day to two days. Its all quite obvious that the best way to remain orderless (except from whatever chemicals we use in the showers) we have to wash that often.

I am going to FINALLY going to give voice to the other side of the argument. I can understand and sympathize with the OP's husband because from my personal experience there has been a period in my life where i was 24/7 and i had realized id gone 2 1/2 months with out a shower.

I DO NOT KNOW how that much time had passed by before i realized it, but what i Can say is that i was simultaneously VERY busy and ALSO very depressed and such led to my stressed out state where id come home from work and change cause i just needed one before i could continue on with whatever errands NEEDED to be taken care of before i crashed and enjoyed the on coming highly desired sleep cycle.... and then before i realized it was time to change and hurry to work again before i was late just to restart the whole process.

During this whole time however i was actively using with Every change routine the peri-wash rinse free foaming soap stuff with high quality wipes so i never got any kinda yucky fungal or rash infections, and i sometimes swabbed my pits too XD lol so i know i didn't stink, but i digress my point is....

SOMETIMES you're just WAYY to busy and comfortable in your day to day diaper routine to remember the shower, especially if showers are not all that special to you to begin with. Don't get me wrong though when i AM in the shower you cant get me out of it lol. sometimes i fall asleep in there =3

SquishyTushy said:
Okay okay we GET IT.... EVERYONE in this thread and most of the society we live in for that matter showers at least once every day to two days. Its all quite obvious that the best way to remain orderless (except from whatever chemicals we use in the showers) we have to wash that often.

I am going to FINALLY going to give voice to the other side of the argument. I can understand and sympathize with the OP's husband because from my personal experience there has been a period in my life where i was 24/7 and i had realized id gone 2 1/2 months with out a shower.

I DO NOT KNOW how that much time had passed by before i realized it, but what i Can say is that i was simultaneously VERY busy and ALSO very depressed and such led to my stressed out state where id come home from work and change cause i just needed one before i could continue on with whatever errands NEEDED to be taken care of before i crashed and enjoyed the on coming highly desired sleep cycle.... and then before i realized it was time to change and hurry to work again before i was late just to restart the whole process.

During this whole time however i was actively using with Every change routine the peri-wash rinse free foaming soap stuff with high quality wipes so i never got any kinda yucky fungal or rash infections, and i sometimes swabbed my pits too XD lol so i know i didn't stink, but i digress my point is....

SOMETIMES you're just WAYY to busy and comfortable in your day to day diaper routine to remember the shower, especially if showers are not all that special to you to begin with. Don't get me wrong though when i AM in the shower you cant get me out of it lol. sometimes i fall asleep in there =3

I don't like being rude. And I'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible. But man, if you're so busy you forget to shower for 2 1/2 MONTHS, something seriously needs to be dropped from your schedule.

SquishyTushy said:
...and ALSO very depressed and such led to my stressed out state...
I think that's why so many of us are asking the OP to ask why their husband is not showering every day.

I'd wager the depression bit had more do to with not showering for a couple months than anything else. I've been all kinds of busy in varying spurts. I only let things go (self, surroundings, etc) when I'm in a depressive state.

"IME" yadda yadda, but that's a pretty common symptom of depression.

I used to be at a point in high school where i used to only shower once or twice a week. Going to school early in the mornings and leaving for work immediately after, then coming home and having time to do about half of the homework before going to bed just didn't leave enough time in one day. When I did shower it definitely cut into much needed sleep. After I graduated finding time was much easier and now shower about every other day but could definitely see if something more important came along, the shower would be pushed to the next day.

I think you should tell him to get off his lazy ass and shower if he wants you to change him, assuming you do that. He may have other issues for not showering such as anxiety or depression or God knows what but your not asking him for much. Maybe he got in a rut and didn't realize he was being a shmuck.

As far as something to help with the odor in general, I would love to know if there is anything that can assist at all.

I've found recently that using shampoo in the crotch works far better than regular soap as far as penetrating and getting that stank out.

KimbaStarshine said:
I don't like being rude. And I'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible. But man, if you're so busy you forget to shower for 2 1/2 MONTHS, something seriously needs to be dropped from your schedule.

yeahh i totally agree lol thats why something had to give. and it did.

arcituthis said:
I used to be at a point in high school where i used to only shower once or twice a week. Going to school early in the mornings and leaving for work immediately after, then coming home and having time to do about half of the homework before going to bed just didn't leave enough time in one day. When I did shower it definitely cut into much needed sleep. After I graduated finding time was much easier and now shower about every other day but could definitely see if something more important came along, the shower would be pushed to the next day.

This is a very similar case and this is not wholly based on depression.

Yeah, you have to shower daily if you're going to be wearing and using diapers. If you don't you're going to develop a mean rash. Before I started needing diapers I only showered every other day unless I had to go to a special ocassion or something on an off day. But if I were to try that schedule with diapers I would quickly find sore spots where the plastic is tight against my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back