Thread: Another possible PVC removal warning!

bringmesunshine

Default Another possible PVC removal warning!

In light of another awsome brand going cloth-backed (Molicare's - found out today via a nasty discovry - thank you very much *huff!*) I feel I just just wave a red flag over the fact that (UK) Boot's Staydry Slips (a good emergency nappy if you've run out - and actually avay' in a chain UK pharmacy) may hav gone cloth-backed as the packaging now features a feather logo. Feather logos are a bad sign at the moment (agen - bitter experience) and on top of that bcoz of today's Molicare disaster (see my erlyer postings) I don't feel i want to risk money agen, oh no! The next brand I buy thru the intanet will be one which is absolutely garonteed PVC backed (yes I'm fully aware that today I was surprised by the Molicare change...but looking on here there were warnings posted considrably earlier!), going back to the issue in hand - and I think I've asked this before - but if any of you know anything concerning Boots Staydry Slips please raise your intanetical voice! Thanks in advance. bringmesunshine

I've kinda given up on plastic backed nappies to the point I ordered a case of confioair tena slip supers from gompels.
    I got them to try and switch to cloth like and a case of there own brand nappies, 204 nappies in all anyone want to guess how many where cloth backed when they arrived :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNappin View Post
    I've kinda given up on plastic backed nappies to the point I ordered a case of confioair tena slip supers from gompels.
    I got them to try and switch to cloth like and a case of there own brand nappies, 204 nappies in all anyone want to guess how many where cloth backed when they arrived :-)

Are they even using PVC (Poly-Vinyl-Chloride) for disposable diapers? I was pretty sure that the plastic backing is and has always been made with LDPE (Low Density Poly-Ethylene)... perhaps it's a UK thing... yet, having seen the term PVC in conjunction with disposable plastic backing a second time now... got my curiosity piqued...

thanks,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    bingo, was genuinely dissapointed for a few hours till I pulled one out and felt the crinckle of the front panel, love plastic tenas but sill I wanted the cloth ones to wean myself over to the quiet and breathable side, Mabie another time lol

Hey sunshine. I'm rocking boots at the moment and I believe the last two packs I have had are the new style packing ones. As I don't keep the packing I can't say for sure but I remember the packs looking different and me and the girlfriend studied them for a second. While I have never worn a cloth back as far as I'm aware these don't feel cloth. Currently wearing one now and it certainly feels plastic.

Boots seem to change their packaging and size brackets so often I usually have to stare at the bladder weakness shelf for ages till I find out they don't have what I'm after and leave looking a bit edgy lol,
    afaik boots one size pants, that are confusingly medium 2 tab nappies will be staying plastic backed with non woven wings, the sized slips ie the 4 tab nappies might change over to cloth as their manufacturer has changed its version of that design, and I can't find any real info about the new attends slip regular apart from some bad 'not what I ordered' type reviews.

It's sad to see good plastic backed diapers go. I was talking to my baled diapers seller, and she told me they gave better comfort to users. I kind of agree with that, that at least the experience might be better for people who would not want to wear diapers, but don't really have much of a choice. However, I'd like some plastic-backed alternatives, and those who specifically make plastic diapers look like they are ripping everyone off. Now, that comment wasn't fair since I know nothing of manufacturing processes, but I don't understand the twisted logic behind charging $300 US plus shipping for a pack that would otherwise just cost $60. Ok, I'm done ranting.

I still fail to see why they can't let the consumer decide what they want and the whole comfort issue is mostly subjective personal preference anyway. I think the question to ask should be why not give consumers a choice instead of replacing the other products outright and taking the Windows 8 approach?