Diaper Hoarder

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrinklesTheBunny said:
It's interesting that people are using diapers to bring back memories, but how many can actually remember what they wore as a baby?

Me ! Terry towel cloth secured with an yellow or pink ended diaper pin and plastic pants

I hoard pacifiers, pacifier clips, wooden toys, plushies, childrens books, plastic toys, baby bottles and much more.
Do I use all these things? No.
Do these things make me happy? Oh yes!!

DSC01935.JPG

(sorry my post is more about hoarding in general than about diapers)

Hello ComputerProgrammer,

I have only found Fitti on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Fitti-Mega-Ba...&qid=1427751684&sr=8-3&keywords=Fitti+diapers) They are about as absorbent (these days) as the cheaper store brand baby diapers. I would say LUVS is about the same if I had to compare it. The don't have a lot of SAP at diapers such as Huggies Overnites and such. But they hold about half of one of my heavy wettings. I don't know how many ounces exactly though. But back in the mid 90's when I was buying them they were pretty good and could handle a full wetting from my then 13-14 year old body. The reason I got them now wasn't so much for absorbency but for fond memories of those early TB years and it was my first brand of diapers as a TB. So the brand and design hold a special place in my heart. Every now and then a spark of nostalgia will strike and I will use one as a stuffer. :)

-Baby Stanley

KimbaStarshine said:
Which brand are the stars-and-moon ones? I'm assuming it's an out-of-print design?

Those are Huggies Overnites. I am not sure if that print is still being used or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a large stash too. I just cleaned my closet last week and managed to come out with:

1 18 gallon plastic tote full of diapers and Pull-Ups
A medium-sized shipping box filled with diapers
A reusable shopping bag filled with loose diapers
A package of Depends Silhouettes which did not make it into either of the other locations due to package size

I have no idea when I'll use all of them up, but I find comfort in having an arsenal of diapers to use at my leisure.

Just bought a diaper collection on eBay.

Let's see...

My horde consists of:
Three cases of 24/7's
A case of A+
A case and a half of Belissimo
A few packs of both classico and teddy bambinos.
A case and about a pack of DC amors.
Two bags of depends
Two packs of the Walgreens 4-5t MLP pullups
A partially used case of Abena pads.
A case or two of assorted boosters.
12 babypants pullups
Assorted amounts of cloth diapers and plastic panties/covers.

CrinklesTheBunny said:
Just bought a diaper collection on eBay.

What'd you buy?

Oh gosh. The list is huge.
TEN Pampers feel n learn with spider man 37+pounds size 6 in opened original package
NINETEEN well beginnings my little pony training pants size 5 38 lb+ in UNOPENED PACK
FIFTEEN Huggies jeans diapers size 5 27 lmb plus in opened original package
TWO discontinued Toy Story pull ups with no packaging size 4-5 38 lbs+
EIGHT pampers cruisers size 7 41 lb+ in opened original package
FIVE pampers underjams in original opened package size LXL 58-85 LB
NINETEEN well beginnings training pants with DC superheros size 4/5 38 lbs+ in UNOPENED ORIGINAL PACKAGE
FIFTEEN Spider Man goodnites size S/M in unopened original package
EIGHT spider man goodnites size S/M in opened original package
SIXTEEN huggies step in nappies size 6 35-50 lbs in opened original package
NINE pampers easy ups in opened original package with Diego graphics 4/5 t 37 lbs+
FOURTEEN Pampers baby dry size 6 35+ LBS in opened original package
FOUR loose "Big" diapers from Japan, possibly goons?
SEVEN goon Big pull ups in open open original package
TWELVE Luvs size 6 35 lb plus in open original package
ELEVEN Huggies overnites thick night time diapers size 6 over 35 lbs in open original package
TWO loose red United colors of Bennetton size large diapers
TWO loose blue United colors of Bennetton size large diapers
ONE loose adult medium racecar diaper
ONE looose adult medium star diaper
ONE loose adult medium super thick overnight (dinosaur) diaper
TWO loose finding nemo swim pants 4t5t
TWO loose winnie the pooh swim pants 4t5t
FOUR loose Cars pull ups size 4t/5t
TWO loose Tinkerbell goodnites size s/m

Last edited by a moderator:
I never used to hoard nappies, but with the trend of so many of the good brands to ruin their products by going cloth backed I have become a bit of a hoarder. There was quite a bit of warning when Tena did this and I had the opportunity to stock up and as such I have quite a few of them in Super and Maxi, I haven't done a stock check lately so not sure of the exact figure but it must be getting on for a couple of thousand.

When the Molicare super plus went cloth backed recently there wasn't as much notice and have been a little short of extra cash just lately so only have about 500 of them.

Am going to be purchasing Comficare and iDslip now and slowly transitioning to using them in line with my stocks of Tena and Molicare being used up. Just hope they don't go cloth backed too!

I do not have the money to hoard diapers. so I'm more of a diaper conserver. I mostly use cloth diapers that I wash about weekly and I have only one pack of 24/7's that I use one every once in a while. I have 2 specialty modded Ballisimos with a Hatsune Miku prints on them. They just sit in my diaper draw. I think I''m going to wear one at my first munch that is next week! I'm so excited for it since my city just opened a Center for alternative lifestyles they have events all the time and next Sunday there will be a littles club house meet! Yay :3

Monkeypuzzler said:
I never used to hoard nappies, but with the trend of so many of the good brands to ruin their products by going cloth backed I have become a bit of a hoarder. There was quite a bit of warning when Tena did this and I had the opportunity to stock up and as such I have quite a few of them in Super and Maxi, I haven't done a stock check lately so not sure of the exact figure but it must be getting on for a couple of thousand.

wow that's quite a reserve you're building up. Got me to thinking again about diaper shelf-life.

I don't go that far into the future, but I do have a fair size stash at the moment, and I certainly bump my numbers a little when I see something about to head to cloth. I'd love to see real hard numbers on how many people are switching brands and experimenting due to all these diapers going clothlike. Maybe they're doing the right thing (for themselves), I just don't know as there are so many factors.

That's really nice! I also like to keep my diapers around.

Hello,

I know with shelf life of diapers it seems the biggest issue becomes the sticky tape tabs becoming brittle and losing their stickiness. The other possible issue is if they are not kept in a stable temp they can soak up moisture which will destroy them. I keep many of mine in the storage unit in the back of the unit away from the door. Seems to do the job. Some of them I have had in storage for 5 years and they are still in good shape. So I say, as long as you care for them, they are good for at least 5 years. :) As for the tape tab issues, mine still worked. But I use duck tape to re-inforce my diaper tapes all the time anyway. So tape degrade makes no difference to me. Hope that helps a little. Happy diapering all. :)

-Baby Stanley

stanley19802 said:
I know with shelf life of diapers it seems the biggest issue becomes the sticky tape tabs becoming brittle and losing their stickiness. The other possible issue is if they are not kept in a stable temp they can soak up moisture which will destroy them. I keep many of mine in the storage unit in the back of the unit away from the door. Seems to do the job. Some of them I have had in storage for 5 years and they are still in good shape. As for the tape tab issues, mine still worked.
Yeah well, with every diaper brand switching to cloth-like covers, I don't think tape decay will be a problem for long.

I hate cloth-like diapers. The crinkling sound is half the fun.

I also like to have a lot of different diapers. I don't know why but I enjoy just having them around. Everytime I buy new diapers I keep at least one of them in the "collection"

Well, seeing as how we are sharing what we have as a diaper stash, here is my little stash of pullups and pads in case I run out of the same in the drawer above:eek:

DSCF5596c.jpg

Hey PaciPilot would love to see some pics of your collection (if you are so inclined to share.)

I have hoarder tendencies so have to be careful with what I buy and bring home but did find in my stash a 10yo pack of Vlesi purple ones that work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back