Je suis Jezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

so, that's it. the end of an era, i suppose.

and whether you liked him [or them] or not, you have to conclude that he spiced things up a bit and that the televisual format he [and co.] pioneered kept us from getting too bored with automotive programmes.

and despite what gobshites like David Cameron say, violence in the workplace does have it's place. we see what happens without it in the likes of politicians, government officials, murderous medics and showbiz 'stars'.

so, even though i don't like Jermy Clarkson myself and would happily split his lip, we need knobs who go against the grain, who rub people up the wrong way (but not the Jimmy Savile way :biggrin:) and who say the unfashionable; and so,

je suis Jezza.

He also punched a coworker in the face. If I pulled that shit, I'd rightly lose my job. Just because he's famous doesn't give him carte-blanche to assault production staff or anyone else for that matter

Well, this is a bugger!

Im not sure that lack of violence in the work place has much to do with politicians or murderous medics.

I think punching someone in the face hard enough to put a fellow in the hospital is not okay. Doesn't matter who you are, barring a boxing match or mixed martial arts competition.

As much as I've enjoyed Top Gear over the years, the format was getting stale and they were recycling far too many jokes and concepts. Oh look, James has got lost and Jeremy keeps crashing into Richard. Hilarious. Even the specials were falling foul of staged antics and general dicking about, which is a shame, as when they were good (Botswana, Vietnam), they were brilliant. Will be interesting to see what the BBC does with the brand and what the "TG3" go on to do. I don't think there's demand for a non-Top Gear car show, but I can see room for a sort of "Michael Palin but with cars" sort of travel format. Clarkson sort of touched on it with his "Meets the Neighbours" series. Rather than going somewhere to dick about with tired set-piece gags, it would be interesting to see a genuine exploration of a region's car culture from an outside perspective. Their Australia and India specials missed a massive trick in that regard IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back