Bedwetting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hello,

I started having some bedwetting issues lately and it's bothering me quite a lot.

Let's start with some background info :
I had a few bedwetting events in the past now and then (mainly if I was really sick or drunk or heavily tired), but nothing major at least not for 10-11 years.

In the past 4 months, I had an accident when I was sick and it happened again two weeks later. I went to a doctor and it turns out my bad life hygiene, stress and bad sleep habits seemed to be the problem. I tried to be more organized with my sleeping pattern and it turned out okay for a while.

About a month ago, I suffered the loss of a friend (suicide) and of my grandmother in the same week. I was pretty affected and started wetting again at night. Not every night, maybe 2 to 4 nights in a week.

I went to the doctor again, had a urine and blood test. Nothing came up. It wasn't hard to make a link between my problem and my mourning.
So far, that appears to be the reason and my solutions are either going to a therapist (I honestly don't feel the need too, despite this problem, I'm coping, doing my job, going on with my life, having fun with my girlfriend,..) or asking for a desmopressin prescription (we talked about it with my doctor)...

Thing is, I'm an ABDL and I don't really care wearing diapers to bed. But I feel terrible for my girlfriend when I have her stay at my place. She knows about me wearing diapers because I like it, but it's not the same when I have to wear them.

tl,dr : I had occasional bedwettings over the years, I lost close people lately and bedwetting is back.

I don't really know what I'm expecting from posting this, I'm not looking for a miracle solution maybe just a "hey, it's gonna be fine", I don't know. But any advice would be welcome.

thank you for reading :)

Regardless of not wanting to see a therapist, it wouldn't hurt to find out if all this is starting back up because you're depressed. I'm a bedwetter myself but I wouldn't link it to depression.. I just gotta go when I gotta go and I forget where I'm at when I start.

Hang in there and stay positive. It isn't easy losing a close friend or a relative like that. Were you and your grandmother close?

koda42 said:
Hello,

I started having some bedwetting issues lately and it's bothering me quite a lot.

Let's start with some background info :
I had a few bedwetting events in the past now and then (mainly if I was really sick or drunk or heavily tired), but nothing major at least not for 10-11 years.

In the past 4 months, I had an accident when I was sick and it happened again two weeks later. I went to a doctor and it turns out my bad life hygiene, stress and bad sleep habits seemed to be the problem. I tried to be more organized with my sleeping pattern and it turned out okay for a while.

About a month ago, I suffered the loss of a friend (suicide) and of my grandmother in the same week. I was pretty affected and started wetting again at night. Not every night, maybe 2 to 4 nights in a week.

I went to the doctor again, had a urine and blood test. Nothing came up. It wasn't hard to make a link between my problem and my mourning.
So far, that appears to be the reason and my solutions are either going to a therapist (I honestly don't feel the need too, despite this problem, I'm coping, doing my job, going on with my life, having fun with my girlfriend,..) or asking for a desmopressin prescription (we talked about it with my doctor)...

Thing is, I'm an ABDL and I don't really care wearing diapers to bed. But I feel terrible for my girlfriend when I have her stay at my place. She knows about me wearing diapers because I like it, but it's not the same when I have to wear them.

tl,dr : I had occasional bedwettings over the years, I lost close people lately and bedwetting is back.

I don't really know what I'm expecting from posting this, I'm not looking for a miracle solution maybe just a "hey, it's gonna be fine", I don't know. But any advice would be welcome.

thank you for reading :)
Sounds stress related to me. Bedwetting is one of natures natural stress relievers. I was always much more likely to wet when stressed or upset.

I wet the bed when I am stressed about things or over tired, I seem to know I am going to wet but make no effort to get up and then next think I know I wake up and I have wetted the bed

If your bed wetting is stress related, then it should lesson over time as you slowly recover from the loss of your friend and your grandmother. If not, then I think you should continue seeing your doctor. If you don't want to take medicine, and I understand they all have side effects, I think you should just try to accept it. I can understand wanting control as your are dating, but accepting your situation will enable you to be happier.

My wife had to have her leg amputated this past September. We've had to cope and struggle in order to accept this new reality. It can be done. She undergoes physical therapy and practices using her prosthetic leg. It's how she copes. There ought to be comparable things you can do to cope with increased bed wetting. So many of our incontinent members are here on this site, using regression and diapers as a coping devise. It's all about accepting yourself and making the best out of it. I wish you well in all this, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. It sounds horrible losing to close people in one week.

Thank you all for your replies.

I will stop delving into self-pity too much and I will try to live with it =)
If it shows no improvement, I'll go back to my doctor and consider my options then. Worrying too much will only make things worse, anyway.

koda42 said:
Thank you all for your replies.

I will stop delving into self-pity too much and I will try to live with it =)
If it shows no improvement, I'll go back to my doctor and consider my options then. Worrying too much will only make things worse, anyway.
Don't beat yourself up about it. I live with nightly bedwetting and to be honest with today's diposable incontinence products it's not a big deal.

I don't have any advice on the bedwetting, really. I just want to say that my heart is with you right now. I recently lost a friend - and while it wasn't suicide, it was close, as he accidentally overdosed on drugs. It's just so cruel, and unexpected, isn't it? And then there's the "I should have" and "I wish I had" thoughts. And yet, in my case, that was only one of my loved ones - not two losses, as you've suffered. I suppose, all I really have to say is that you aren't alone in the world right now in your hardships. And that for the next little while, be kind to yourself, and remember that all who are not kind and understanding at this point are not worth being a part of your life. That's a hard thing to realize given the terrible circumstances, I know, but it is important to remember nonetheless. Things will improve as the days go on - it just takes time. Anyway, lots of love, and good luck with dealing with the bedwetting. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back