Before putting diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTuga197

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What should I do before I put on my diaper for the night? Clean my ass? Baby powder? Please tell me everything I should know.

Those are all pretty optional. If you are getting up in the morning and showering then not putting on another until bedtime your skin should be fine.

What do you want to do? Do that. Most of the time, I just put them on. Sometimes, I prefer to use wipes first and other times I'll also use baby powder, lotion, oil, or all of the above. The central point is that there's no checklist for what you do, it's going to be based on what you find to be pleasurable. No one is grading you on this, it's just for you.

FTuga197 said:
What should I do before I put on my diaper for the night? Clean my ass? Baby powder? Please tell me everything I should know.
A wipe down or a quick shower might be a good idea. For me, being clean when I tape a fresh diaper on is a great feeling, powder and oil are optional as stated above. I wouldn't use too much powder otherwise you'll have powder mud when wet, possibly negatively effecting performance. Also, too much oil (lots of excess) while using some diaper brands might cause elastics and soft inner backings to come loose (especially Abena fsr). If using tape on diapers don't tape around the legs too tight. If done too tight the diaper might start chafing and could cause a sore around your thigh.

When disposing of used diapers you might want to start keeping a lot of plastic shopping bags on hand as these are the best option for disposing of dirty diapers more discretely and keeping it from smelling as much(if its a messy diaper, double or triple bag it). Keeping some deodorizer or air freshener(Febreez, Lysol, etc...) might also help. If you live with family, bury the bagged dirty diaper deeper in the trash can or cover it up with some other garbage so no one notices the bag and take out the trash often as possible.

There's also good help, tips and info on lots of different subjects in the articles section under the forum tab here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/51-Articles

Hope this helps Ftuga197

Have fun, Stay poofy ^u^

I just put a line of baby powder and slap it on.

Good advise from above. I always take a shower in the morning since I'm usually diapered at night. After my shower I use J. & J. Baby Lotion and I never have diaper rash. It's worked well for me.

I take a hot shower and wash, use baby wipes after to take care of the rest, powder up with some J & J and into my diaper I go each night. It's a good feeling :)

I shower, then put one on with some powder. Then when I get up in the morning, I take a quick shower to clean up. But yeah, do what makes you happy, & keep good hygiene about it.

I agree with the above posts. I would only add that if you use any kind of powder, oils or cream, be careful about getting the residue on the diaper tapes. Too much powder, oil or cream on the tapes and they won't stick.

Mattew said:
I shower, then put one on with some powder. Then when I get up in the morning, I take a quick shower to clean up. But yeah, do what makes you happy, & keep good hygiene about it.

This is what I do minus the powder part.

It changes up for me. I would take a shower before bed then get all my diapering stuff lined up (lotion, oil, powder) I first put lotion on, then oil, but I only sometimes use oil. Then I sprinkle baby powder in the diaper and strap it on.

tall2826 said:
This is what I do minus the powder part.

Yeah, for the length of time I'm wearing, the powder isn't necessary. But I do enjoy the feel & smell of the powder. It's only during the summer months that I really need the powder.

FTuga197 said:

I've personally established a bit of a ritual when diapering. I'll open a diaper up and lay it on the floor (padding up) in front of my diaper cabinet. Standing over it, I coat a hand with cornstarch, and then spread it on that inside side of my diaper area. Repeat for the other side. A fair amount doesn't stick and (mostly) lands on my open diaper. (some makes it to the wood floor, which I vacuum maybe once a week) Then I pick up my diaper and use the back-against-the-wall method to tape up my diaper. I do the tops first to hold it in position so I can stick down the lowers with more care since those are what prevent leaks. I finish off with a small bit (3 cc's or so) of baby lotion, for the butt-crack. If you're going to be wetting, that skin is likely to get irritated over time, so that helps keep it happy.

I'm almost always wet by morning, frequently with my diaper near capacity. My overnight diaper is usually either a comfidry or an xp medical A+ level 4 (as it was last night) which have sufficient capacity for me overnight.

But what you do is (A) up to you, (B) really depends on what you find is necessary or most pleasant, and (C) whatever your skin may require to stay in good condition. For daytime wear, I also apply a little zeesorb to the skin folds in front, and also dump a little talc down the sides between the wings and my hips. (helps prevent pimples on my hips) So listen to advice here, try stuff, and stick with whatever works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back