Pee laying down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an OAB and have peed laying down a few times but can not easily start to pee even when I really have to go, if I sit up to get out of bed or stand up and start to the bathroom my blader releases and I flood my diaper. I have been recovering from surgery this past week and it hurt to get up would have been nice to be able to relax an pee while laying down.

Rob110 said:
I have an OAB and have peed laying down a few times but can not easily start to pee even when I really have to go, if I sit up to get out of bed or stand up and start to the bathroom my blader releases and I flood my diaper. I have been recovering from surgery this past week and it hurt to get up would have been nice to be able to relax an pee while laying down.

And that is my biggest problem as well, the starting. No matter how I try to relax it is still very difficult. Mind you once going, well then it pure bliss. I too have an OAB and sometimes I wonder if it just instantly becomes shy when I want to wet while in bed.....lol

43goofball43 said:
You my friend are not alone in your quest to be able to pee lying down. I've have the same problem. I was told a long time ago to just relax and it will happen, it did happen several times for me but it took forever for my bladder to partially empty. I did love the feeling of it happening whenever I was able to go even the little bit.
I can pee while walking, just standing or sitting in my lounge chair and even while on the computer. I feel very relaxed while in bed but for the life of me I can't do it.

I, too, am relaxed in bed, but feel your same frustration, 43footbl43 - not being able to go lying down can be maddening! I guess it makes me thankful that I CAN relieve myself in the other positions you mentioned!

as others have said, "give it time". I'll add a bit to that though. "and practice." Your bladder isn't shy about your bed, it's shy about you being in an unfamiliar situation. The shyness can apply to some degree in many other situations. In public, riding in a car, DRIVING a car, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, etc.

I had a morbidly shy bladder up until a few years ago when I really got into wearing diapers. I couldn't use a public restroom unless there was no one in it, and sometimes not even if I could hear others outside the restroom, my bladder would just not cooperate, and it had to be in a stall. So this has been "diaper therapy" for me in a way, as I recognized my problem wetting while laying down was the same problem of public restrooms. Relaxing one would help the other.

My first step was simply being able to wet my diaper at all, in any situation. A few have posted about needing to be standing in front of the toilet - that included me at the start. I was gradually able to get at least a bit out while standing in other places, in the kitchen or bedroom etc. Then later while I had pants on. By this time, it had become very easy to go while at the toilet though. I could see work in one area helps the other areas too. It's not just about getting control in one situation, it's about increasing your overall control.

It took over a month of this "diaper training" before I was able to manage even a slow dribble (after 20 minutes of concentration!) while laying on my back in bed. Once I had a foot in the door, I kept practicing, and trying new situations. Wetting while standing outside. (dressed of course!) Walking was particularly tricky, I still haven't mastererd that yet but I can do it if I concentrate and walk slowly. Wetting my diaper while walking up or down stairs is also difficult.

By this time I was trying to wet as spontaneously as possible. As in, lets say I'm in the kitchen dropping some dishes in the sink, and give them a shot of water from the tap. *urge* hits. The goal is to start wetting my diaper as quickly as possible. No need to fully empty my bladder, as once it's running I'm usually good. This is just practice, and so I wouldn't wet much, that way I could get another one of those urges to come up again without waiting so long - more practice per day! When I started this, I fould it took sometimes a minute or two to stop what I was doing, relax, concentrate, and get going. Today I can crack the tap in under 10 seconds on the average, and that really helps reinforce bladder control for me.

I don't often ride in someone else's car, but after awhile I was able to start wetting my diaper if I was stopped at a very long red light. Nowadays, I consider waiting for a stop to be "cheating", and make my best effort to wet while on the move. Rough roads can be very challenging, all that jarring really jams my concentration and makes my bladder clench up. I don't know when I'll be able to wet my diaper while running. (distance runners regularly wet their shorts while running in competitions so they don't have to stop - with all the water they're drinking the urine's mostly clear anyway - for the life of me I don't understand how they have that level of control)

With all this diaper training, wetting my diaper while in bed has become very easy to do. And I can use public restrooms too. I managed to use a urinal with company present for the first time last year, I consider that quite an achievement, and fully justifies my wearing diapers recreationally ;)

Just keep at it. You'll get it.

After 40 years i have no problem peeing while laying down.

And its a good thing because as a diabetic i have to pee 3 to 4 times a night.

I have not got out of bed to pee in 10 years and its good because i now don't run the heater anymore at night. and the saving on propane pays about half of my cost for diapers

I have no idea if this is just a weird quirk of mine of what, but I've always found it easier to go while facing down, laying stomach down in bed. In fact, it's the ONLY way I've ever managed to go in the nighttime without resorting to hopping out of bed.

It is important, however-- to make sure you are 'pointing' the right way and possibly have your diaper taped a little bit higher in the front if this is something you'd do though--because it's very easy to spring leaks when facing belly down. Found this out the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back