Okay, paci people, questions about baby-pants classic paci

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I need, need, need, a baby-pants classic :paci:! The prototype used to be called the Nuk 6, sorry. The button & shield are to scale!:cool: I have questions.

How will I know if the sookie part's too big; will it hurt my mouth? Is there a more comfy sookie part shape? The flat-ish ones that can be sucked from any angle look promising, but are they orthodontic? Have they fixed that problem with the sookie part deflating yet; if not, what's the best way around it?

Do I need to sterilize them? If so, can I use bleach diluted in water, as CP and boiling water don't mix? How often do I sterilize?

If I order all 3 colors (Oh, Father help me; they have mauve now! Make that 4, unless I just decide to replace the baby pink with the mauve. Now I'm confused!) I want at once, do I save on shipping?

Will it bend to my evil will (mwa ha ha ha), and let me easily take it apart, to paint the button another color, & print cute sayings on it? I suppose I could put painter's tape on the shield to paint the button part, but I'd rather take it apart to keep paint off the sookie part. I don't like ringy thingies, because they clack against the shield. Would it come off easily, and could a :paci:leash be made to fit it if I took the ringy part off?

Last edited:
Ok you asked a number of questions. I can answer only two but it will get you started.

For adults, cleaning pacifiers is no more or less difficult than normal dish washing. That is, use dish soap and warm water to clean your pacifiers. Cleaning with hot water, boiling water, disinfectants, in the dishwasher, etc can be done but in general is not needed for adults whose immune system is not compromised in some way or you have a cold. Even in these cases, cleaning your pacifier would be no different than any other utensil you put into your mouth. As such, I thoroughly clean my pacifier about once a week if I am using it a lot. Between major cleanings, I just rinse it under the tap.

As for the size, you really just need to try it. Some people like the feeling of a larger pacifier and some a smaller one.

I am sure other members will post shortly to answer your other questions.

I myself clean my Pacifier every night before use. I use a special anti-bacterial detergent on it when I do but only once a week to avoid wear and tear. Most of the time it's just hot water the other 6 nights of the week. as for size I just use the larger sizes well there's no way to know until you try it. As for shipping and handling just email them and they will inform you. Or alternatively you could just place the order into the cart and stop short on buying it to see if there is going to be any hidden costs. They have to tell you what the final price is when they get to the payment options page. You could just say no if you don't like the price but after seeing it after all.

When you say sookie part Im assuming you mean the teat of the paci.

It shouldnt be too big for your mouth unless you're tiny, like smaller than a teenager. Its comparable in size to a Nuk 5.

The Nuk styled teats are orthodontic, and are the only adult size ones considered orthodontic. Basically all orthodontic teats deflate, the babypants included. In their standard form they often deflate and wont reinflate, but this is easily fixed by making a hole in the inside of the front button where the teat attaches. This will allow proper inflation and deflation.

If you prefer your paci not to deflate at all, that is also achievable with some blu-tac. Leave the button in standard form and jam blutac down around the part of the button where the teat attaches. This will seal the teat and prevent any air escaping, giving you an orthodontically shaped, airtight paci.

The babypants comes apart easily to paint it if you want to.

Its always cheaper postage wise to order as many as you can at the same time.

You should sterilize them, but you cant boil babypants pacis for more than a minute or two, because the shield will deform in the heat. Hot soapy water is best, then boil for a minute or so.

The ring of the babypants holds the button in place, so you cant really get rid of it. None of the rings on my babypants move freely though, so no clacky noises.

Answered as much as I can, just ask if you need clarification on anything. :)

MyLastWords said:
When you say sookie part Im assuming you mean the teat of the paci.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant.

MyLastWords said:
It shouldnt be too big for your mouth unless you're tiny, like smaller than a teenager. Its comparable in size to a Nuk 5.

The Nuk styled teats are orthodontic, and are the only adult size ones considered orthodontic. Basically all orthodontic teats deflate, the babypants included. In their standard form they often deflate and wont reinflate, but this is easily fixed by making a hole in the inside of the front button where the teat attaches. This will allow proper inflation and deflation.

If you prefer your paci not to deflate at all, that is also achievable with some blu-tac. Leave the button in standard form and jam blutac down around the part of the button where the teat attaches. This will seal the teat and prevent any air escaping, giving you an orthodontically shaped, airtight paci.

MyLastWords said:
The babypants comes apart easily to paint it if you want to.
Good to know.
MyLastWords said:
Its always cheaper postage wise to order as many as you can at the same time.
Again, good to know.

MyLastWords said:
You should sterilize them, but you cant boil babypants pacis for more than a minute or two, because the shield will deform in the heat. Hot soapy water is best, then boil for a minute or so.
Alternate sterilization method it is.
MyLastWords said:
The ring of the babypants holds the button in place, so you cant really get rid of it. None of the rings on my babypants move freely though, so no clacky noises.
No clacky noise, yippee!

MyLastWords said:
Answered as much as I can, just ask if you need clarification on anything. :)
I think you covered it all, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back