Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Computer Fan messing up...

Default HELP! Computer Fan messing up...

Its loud, starts and stops alot and annoying and i am worried that my laptop is gonna die

Well It could be numerous things. But make sure it's well ventilated and on a hard surface so air can get underneath, not on your lap or bed!

But what are you doing causing the processor usage to shoot up? Like gaming, video editing etc.. As that will warm up your processor quickly.

Oh, does it actually get warm when the fan is on?

Mesmerale

I'm leaning towards the same suggestion.

That same thing happened to me when I used my laptop on my bed, setting it down on the cover. The laptop would also shut down without warning, due to it overheating.

Make sure its got room to breathe.

I blew out the fan and that seems to have helped. And its sitting on a hard desk...but my house is smoky and dusty due to the woodstove

Make sure the fan is clear of dust. An obstruction will make noise and cause overheating which may cause a thermostat to open and shut the fan off. The noise could also be the fan wearing out which would require replacement. Being that the fan is necessary to the life of the processor it should be fixed for sure.

laptop isnt even a year old ...and the issue was a hairball with dust clogging a vent

Secret

Use some air duster. But be sure that you don't hold the can upside down because then ice will come out!
    http://www.worldwar2ships.info/swalliance/FalconMain/FalconPics/Misc/FalconAirDusterII.jpg
    Dust off is the best brand in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Use some air duster. But be sure that you don't hold the can upside down because then ice will come out!
    http://www.worldwar2ships.info/swalliance/FalconMain/FalconPics/Misc/FalconAirDusterII.jpg
    Dust off is the best brand in my opinion.
    That stuff is fun to use upside down on locks.

Burn Notice anyone?

BTW its running fine now...but when should I worry about it getting too hot?

when it shuts itself off.

yea, sometimes wires can get into the blades and buzz, alot of times its dust. fans do die though too,