What Was Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Little bit of fun :) Thread does what it says on the tin!

Last edited by a moderator:
1989 Mercury Cougar

The one in my newest blog: Dodge Dart 2013.

Mine was a 1961 Rambler. It had the front seats that folded back toward the back, making a make out bed. It had an anemic six cylinder engine that couldn't get out of its own way. I still managed to push it to its limits. It also had a manual shift, three on the column. Still, it was my first set of wheels and I went everywhere with it.

First one that was all mine: Buick Skylark with 200k miles. AC didn't work, but it'd been kept in good shape on the exterior & interior. Drove it until it had almost 500k miles

I say first one that was mine, because it was the first one that was completely mine. I'd had others that I basically shared with my siblings. We had a Nissan Pick-up, & a Ford Explorer. My parents sold my car, without my knowledge...very sad...I had padding hidden in the trunk...miss that car...& the diapers...

I've currently got several trucks.

My first car was a 1951 Plymouth with a flathead 6 cyl engine and a 3 speed on the collom. It also had 15"
tube type tires. I kept it until I got my first full time job after I graduated from high school. I think I paid
$150.00 for the car.

'89 Mazda pickup. Carbureted four cylinder mated to a five speed with throws so vague you felt like you were rowing. It didn't have many things going for it, though fuel economy was decent. Speed was nowhere on the books. It topped out around 75mph.

My first car was a real rust bucket! A 1982 Honda Civic.
I bought it just after I was done with my army duty when I was 20, just to have something to get me around during the winter.

I paid around 2000 SEK for it (about 240$ in todays currency conversion)
But I got almost half of that back when I scrapped it :D

2002 Saab 9-5 purchased 2 years ago. It was good for the first year but is now turning into a maintenance nightmare, so I am trying to get a new car, though it probably won't happen until after I graduate.

In early 1997, my mom bought a new car, which meant I got the old car (the dealer offered them a terrible trade). So, my car when I started driving legally in late 1997 was a 1986 Chrysler LeBaron GTS. In 1986, Chrysler had multiple different cars that they called LeBaron. Mine was of the sportier variety.

Or, it was supposed to me. But, instead of the 2.2. Turbo and 5-speed (a combination that could best contemporary BMWs around a track), mine was saddled with the 2.5 K-car engine and Chrysler's shit 3-speed automatic (also from the K-cars). Added to that was the fact that the first owners maintained it quite badly, which meant that the engine was pretty well euchred at 102,000 when I got it (my parents literally shot video of it rolling 100,000 because no one thought the car would make it). Effectively, then, that car was slow as dirt and did 0-60 in fuck you.

When the first transmission started to stick between gears around 110,000 miles, I could get that car going 55 in first gear with the tachometer buried before it would finally catch second and the car would surge forward. I found out that it couldn't come remotely close to burying the 125 MPH speedometer in it (it would do about 100 flat-out on flat straight ground). By the end, short freeway hops were so stressful on it the engine would knock afterward.

I wound up selling it in 1999 for $550 with 119,000 miles. About a year later, I saw it for sale in front of the junk car dealer near my parents' house. Apparently they'd had to put a new ECM in it because the water leaks had finally shorted the first one, and the people I sold it to trashed the interior, as well. They were hoping to get $300 for it.

Not my car, but same color and wheels. Same interior but for mine had the exceedingly rare delete option that gave it a column shift:
001.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

1967 Ford Fairlane Squire, mid size station wagon, red interior, black with wood grain paneling outside. I bought her when I was 15 with a blown motor for $25 and had her up and running when I got my license shortly after I turned 16. Sadly I crashed her due to a failed brake line shortly before I turned 17. Though my folks took many photos of my older sister's first car none exist of mine. Near 40 years later I still have her dashboard and emblems in display in my workshop as well as her ign. switch with keys and my first key chain.

Austin Maestro Vanden Plas:
1.jpg

4.JPG

647b326db0.jpg

as you can tell, the digial dash was THE feature; another feature was the bint-in-a-box voice syth which nagged you about seat belts, lights, doors, etc. she always had her relay pulled.
the year of mine was........can't remember, but it was when GDA's clothes were still in fashion :giggles: . i got it around '92.

now don't go thinking that it was posh or owt, it was a hand-me-down of my dad and an ex-taxi at that. aside from the gear linkages being held together with elastic bands, it was okay (just a case of :eek: when the bands snapped at a junction).
supposedly, the VPs were better built than standard Maestroes and, although i had my doubts, i found out when a dizzy bitch decided to reverse into me (over two parking bays and then onto the roadway!!) and her boyfriend's newly imported and kitted-out BMW was almost a write-off. i had but a little dent in my wheel-arch. :biggrin:

Last edited:
My 1st car was a 1978 DODGE OMNI, Brand-New, 1st Model Year.
It was a "LEMON"...
Every 15,000 miles, it "blew the water pump".
Finally, in 1985, the "RADIATOR" blew, and the 1.7 Liter Engine "seized-up" on the "4th of July".
What a "piece of ____"...
It only lasted from Odometer miles "7.6" to "85,340".

1992 Oldsmobile Bravada, fully loaded, it's technically not my car but its the car I've been learning to drive in and for the longest time I was the only person driving it. (Parents spare car, by default I am stuck with it lol) (Still have it, only vehicle that I've ever considered mine.)

odomet11.jpg

This was the last time the odometer decided it wanted to give an accurate reading, lmao. It has its fair share of issues but it gets me where I want to go.

1992 Ford Mustang I loved that car a lot so many memories I don't have it anymore but I had a lot of good times with that car.

AddyShadows said:
1992 Oldsmobile Bravada, fully loaded, it's technically not my car but its the car I've been learning to drive in and for the longest time I was the only person driving it. (Parents spare car, by default I am stuck with it lol) (Still have it, only vehicle that I've ever considered mine.)

odomet11.jpg

This was the last time the odometer decided it wanted to give an accurate reading, lmao. It has its fair share of issues but it gets me where I want to go.

I always loved the digital dashes in that generation of Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada! GM was probably the best at the digital dash thing, at least from an appearance standpoint.

Isn't this a security question for losing a password? Aren't you afraid you are going to get hacked? Nice pics by the way.

A 1980 V reg Vauxhall 1.3 chavette with passengers side swiming pool (wet foot well ) passed my test in morning phoned insurance broker and went to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back