What Was Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1968 Chev Biscane

ade said:
the year of mine was........can't remember, but it was when GDA's clothes were still in fashion :giggles: . i got it around '92.
Eh! :laugh:

Mine was a 1976 Mustang II
Was free but dang did the acceleration suck.
I think it was like 0-40 in a minute.(seriously)
Also radio tuning was broken so it was almost completly stuck tho it could get 2 AM stations.

1976 Mercury, Capri...hatchback 5 spd. $1,750

My first car was a 1997 Renault Clio 1.6 8V (lol) very reliable car though. Now I got a Volvo 850 2.3 turbo wagon..with 225HP lel gotta love that car :3

GoldDragonAurkarm said:
I always loved the digital dashes in that generation of Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada! GM was probably the best at the digital dash thing, at least from an appearance standpoint.

Agreed, the digital dash is awesome, however it's been replaced on mine once already because of the odometer being messed up, so now the new odometer tries to give a readout from the vehicle it came from (Which had like 300k miles) And its confused and jumps between 133,333 and 300,000 or will just come up with "ERROR" lol. It's a shame though, it's starting to become a hassle to get this thing through inspection, there is nothing mechanically wrong with it but it has some issues that make it unable to pass inspection. Oh well.

First was a 1957 Chevy 210 with a 283 and three speed. I got it when Dad passed in 1966 and it was a real rust bucket.
Next was a new 1971 Pontiac GT37, 350 with a four speed short stroke Hurst shifter. I really loved that car.

About a year and a half ago I sold my first vehicle to a family member. 1993 Toyota pickup, 2.4L 22RE, RWD 5 speed, long bed, bench seat, heat only, no power steering, no 3-4 piece back glass, added a Kenwood radio one Christmas. My uncle bought it new in NJ so I saw and loved the looks of it growing up. Was actually a bit of a basket case by the time I got it. Changed the brake calipers, did a full brake job, shocks, oil seals. Pulled the motor at 150k to do the timing chain and water pump, clutch, timing cover, all kinds of stuff. The uncle I sold it to put a head gasket on it for me not long before I got rid of it. Word is the current owner only drives it around town but loves it as much as I did. She apparently never cared about any vehicle like she does now.

If the frame hadn't looked like Swiss cheese with the body not far behind I would have kept it forever. Sold with full disclosure of course and makes a nice zippy torquey grocery getter.

1971 ford XL 2door with flip headlight covers 351 windsor only made 1200 i put it in a demolition derby in 1982 stupid is what stupid does then bought a 68 amc javelin blew the motor and junked it!!!!

The first car that I drove on a regular bases was a 1964 Ford Farrling with a straight six. I called it the USS Stone boat. It was anything but a rollskanardely. I had sloppy steering and drank gas, but if I was doing 55 at the base of a steep hill, I was still doing 55 at the top of the hill.

http://galeria.totalcar.hu/tesztek/...834303_bee459efa45c61a6dd23ebb5ae907b8d_x.jpg

My own 1st car is Lada 1200, derivated from (I think) Fiat/Seat 124, but made in USSR. I had a white one. Later I had more cars, but the best ? Difficult a few... But to say something, the really less problematic was Tatra 613 and all what I had from VW and his "brothers" on the road. Now I'm with VW T4 (with 2.5 TDI Audi A6 engine) and I like it - economy, not very problematic, powerfull and easy to repair.

CrazySmoker said:
http://galeria.totalcar.hu/tesztek/...834303_bee459efa45c61a6dd23ebb5ae907b8d_x.jpg

My own 1st car is Lada 1200, derivated from (I think) Fiat/Seat 124, but made in USSR. I had a white one. Later I had more cars, but the best ? Difficult a few... But to say something, the really less problematic was Tatra 613 and all what I had from VW and his "brothers" on the road. Now I'm with VW T4 (with 2.5 TDI Audi A6 engine) and I like it - economy, not very problematic, powerfull and easy to repair.

A Lada? Dear god that's tragic!

...I guess...technically speaking...my first car, was a Playskool Car :p

ajsco said:
A Lada? Dear god that's tragic!

Ladas are actually pretty good vehicles: they'll chug along quite happily whatever the weather and won't collapse at even the merest thought of a bit of rough and tumble.

given the era in which they were produced, they were amongst the best vehicles going, albeit without any 'luxuries' (but then, the notion of 'luxury' in a metal box travelling at speed is a bit dubious).

the bloke over the road used to have the Riva and never had any problems, unlike his later Fords which were an assortment of nightmares.
his son had Cossacks and rated them as better than Range Rovers, off-road.

First car, that I drove was a Nissan Navara. Than I've had driving lessons with a VW Golf GTD. Now I can use a Seat Leon Sport.
But I have never own a car - as student I can use the public transportation for free... :D

A 1971 Mini in orange. I had to put plastic cups on the shelf because every time it rained the windscreen would leak. It was a brilliant first car though and great fun.

50's vintage Chevy truck. Great car for high school.

2007 dodge grand caravan

mine was a 1970 302 ford mustang notch back, it was green and a canvas hard top.
my brother sold it to me for 500$ :biggrin:
a few year latter I rap it around a tell a phone poll. that when I fond out you cant put radial tier in the front of a car and Bias-ply tiers in the back. I went around a sharp corner and the Bias-ply tires let go then slam in to a poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back