How to control the smell of a messy diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHunter

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
What is the best way you have found to reduce the smell of a messy diaper. I love hanging around in a messy diaper but the only issue is to control the smell so no one else knows I'm in a diaper let alone a messy one.

I know Molicare diapers have excellent odor control. I honestly don't know what else you could do, a messy diaper is gonna stink because that's just what messes do.

I think it's impossible to fully hide the smell of a mess but they make Fecal deodorizer pills and also I've found plastic pants help contain the smell of it pretty well. Combining both of those would be the only idea I have.

You don't.

Plastic pants! I wouldn't even think about messing my diaper without a pair on firstly in case of leaks and secondly a good pair will seal to your skin pretty well, I've spent a good hour or so with a full diaper and never smelt a thing until I opened it

Lilsteve said:
[...] I've spent a good hour or so with a full diaper and never smelt a thing until I opened it

Tricky one :smile1: Plastic pants do help, but they don't seal off of the stink entirely and your sense of smell gets used to the bit the still escapes. It also depends on a lot of other things (without going into too much detail) like what you ate before, consistency etc.

Duct-tape might help, though.

I heard that you could take chlorophyll pills and they would turn off all the odor. But that includes all body odor too. Not sure how accurate that is as I have never tried it.

It's been said already - and I agree - plastic pants do a pretty darn good job of controlling the odor. I too enjoy being in a messy diaper for longer than 5 minutes...but I understand it's probably not the healthiest for my skin...or for anyone's nose!

But if my wife and kids are away I'll throw on some plastic pants and turn on the scentsy! Usually does the trick...also clean up in the bathroom with the exhaust fan helps to keep it under control.

Change.

well i'm not used to mess my diaper...yet.. :$ but i recommend rubber pants (not plastic...) for odor control. Needless to say that they can be a bit uncomfortable at first, even if they are a stretchy but they make a perfect seal between the legs.

As 'DillPickle' said, above, chlorophyll tablets (available in Health food/supply stores), are one option. They're not 100% effective, and they do turn your poop 'Green'.
Another product I can't give a personal testimony for (but will be trying for myself, soon), is 'Nullo'. Again, they're supposed to be available in Health Food/Nutritional supply stores.

B.

plastic pants may help but one move and theres the smell!! I find its better not to mess and ill be honest been there many times and just had enough Ill do 24/7 peeing and stick to that myself good luck!!!

Nullo tablets. They will reduce the odor substantially.

i imagine you use both the pills and a good pair of plastic pants for best results.

I think it is impossible to control the smell. Anyway, I agree with most of the post, plastic or rubber pants will help

In diaper, messy smell controls YOU!

Yakov Smirnoff said that.

Chlorophyll tablets turn your poop green, which is fine, but can weird you, or a nurse or caretaker, out if they don't know you're taking them, or you're not expecting green poop. Nullo tablets cause stomach cramps in some people, but work so well, on everything from bad breath, to body odor, to poop smell, that deer hunters use them to avoid being detected by deer. There's a new (at least to me) product called Odor Cleanse, that's made from mushrooms.

If you use an odor control tablet like Nullo, you have to make sure it's in your system prior to your food being digested. Simply taking a pill and then doing a #2 an hour later won't work. Kinda has to be a regular, daily dose kinda thing to be effective.

Still, your best bet to avoid being detected is to change as soon as possible.

Some time ago I mentioned, but never got around to fully describing, my experiments with totally sealed plastic pants. They were laborious but quite successful and could probably be improved. The basic idea was to bond three wrinkle-free tape bands to my skin with a suitable adhesive, and seal the pant leg and waist edges to the tape. By using two layers and a tell-tale scent to reveal leaks, I could be confident enough to mess more or less anywhere. The breakthrough was when I needed to do a poo at the supermarket checkout and just did it in the nappy without a moment's hesitation. The negatives were the effort taken to fit and test the sealed pants (and to re-seal the waist after every change), the care needed not to break the seals, and some extra bulk and discomfort. But it was quite a revelation to achieve the same freedom to mess as we are used to with wetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back