Thread: Parenthood and being DL

Default Parenthood and being DL

Hey Adisc, it's been a while

My partner and I are planning to have children, and I'm cool with it. I'm not worried or anything, it's just gonna be a bit weird having to change nappies I guess. How have people found parenthood as AB/DLs?

You won't have to wait long for a reply as there's quite a few members who are both

That is quite a question. Yes, you will find many parents on here. But there are some points it would be helpful for you to share. One of those is whether you are "out" to your partner and is he/she accepting? How openly do you wear and does your partner participate? If so, to what extent? Are you in full agreement on how to handle this in your life once a child enters the family unit?

Although I look back and see my DL nature to be a lifelong reality, acting on it was dormant for much of the child-bearing/raising years. I have never been out to anyone until joining ADISC, including my spouse. Once the kids were raised and on their own, the desires came back strong and eventually I acted on them, indulging in secret. So I never dealt with wearing a diaper with little kids running around or discovering me wearing.

I know there are some who do wrestle with that in their living as an AB/DL. And the level of spouse/partner awareness and acceptance varies greatly among all of us, including those with kids whatever the ages might be. So if you can share a little more about your situation, the discussion can be more relevant and focused.

Parenthood is a tremendous experience and a tremendous responsibility. Congratulations on getting to that point in your life. Best of luck to you and your partner.

I worried that having to change a baby's diapers was going to send me into a mad binge. That worry was doubled by the fact that my wife didn't know about my diaper habit at the time. I suspected that if she, in her emotional new-mom state, were to discover that I had some seemingly baby-related sexual fetish, I would be a goner.

But!

Everything was fine. As I've mentioned in past threads, having to deal with diapers as a parent--putting them to work as functional objects rather than simply as fetish objects--actually reduced my urge to wear somewhat. Things swiftly returned to normal when our youngest graduated to underwear. And it was another year or so before my secret came out. That went alright too, but that's for another thread.

I was in a purge cycle when I had my kids. So There was no urges at that time.

Trust me when I say that with the lack of sleep, the smell, and the crying, your thoughts are not about "gee I wish I could wear a diaper".

The time will also come that you will wish the Hell they would hurry up and potty train so you can quit spending money and time on this issue. Followed by "OMG they are quiet!!! What are they into now!!!!!"

IT was not until they where starting school that the worst binge cycle I ever had hit, and I joined this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    That is quite a question. Yes, you will find many parents on here. But there are some points it would be helpful for you to share. One of those is whether you are "out" to your partner and is he/she accepting? How openly do you wear and does your partner participate? If so, to what extent? Are you in full agreement on how to handle this in your life once a child enters the family unit?
    Good questions. I probably wear once or twice a week. More if my partner is away. I'm out to my partner and she is accepting though it's not something she wants to be a part of and - quite honestly - not something I'd really want her to be a part of. I tried wearing in her company, and she is accepting of that, but it just doesn't feel right. It's secret; i guess that's part of the appeal for me. Therein lies the problem: This secret part of my life is going to come face-to-face with a fairly mundane need to keep the kid from pooping on the carpet I guess I'm just working out (emotionally speaking) what that entails. I'll work through it, i wanna be a good Dad and share the responsibilities that that entails, it's just a big deal i guess!

Also, yeah, the whole not-being-able-to-wear-regularly is gonna be a bit of a culture shock too. It's been years since i've lived without a stash!

It was easiest when the kids were still babies because they didn't know any better. As they grew older, I found it harder and harder to find my inner child. It's not until now, that they are in their mid teens that I can make little time and not have to be in parent mode

I didn't feel any different changing them. In fact I didn't feel anything when changing them or washing them and I found it a chore to change my child. I was looking forward to potty training.

I'm glad to read this thread. Though I personally am no where near this stage in my life it has crossed my mind several times.