Any other boys enjoy wearing girl daipers? Or vice versa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airon

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anybody not discriminate what diapers are marketed to which gender? I find it silly and that it would be used against me for close folks who know to know I wear pink diapers as well. Otherwise there would be way more design options for all genders. Anybody know of neutral print design diapers?

Airon said:
Does anybody not discriminate what diapers are marketed to which gender? I find it silly and that it would be used against me for close folks who know to know I wear pink diapers as well. Otherwise there would be way more design options for all genders. Anybody know of neutral print design diapers?

When I make my choices for which diapers to wear, I tend to buy the girls version instead of the boys. I don't care for gender-specific marketing either and would rather the designs be shared between both groups. It's a shame that both groups miss out simply because one is pink and the other is blue. Nothing wrong with a boy liking Disney Princesses or a girl liking Cars. It's all about preference and what you enjoy wearing the most. It isn't the business of anyone else to judge or care.

I don't know of any neutral print diapers as far as training pants are concerned.

Mostly just for the designs or the colors. I love pink <3 Blue is also a great color, so I really would just choose by the color regardless of the gender specifics.

I tend to buy more girly diapers. Those look way better/cuter then the boys.

ABU Sissy Diapers for me! Kind of girly..

I also have a preference for girls diapers. Honestly when I comes to buying little or AB items I buy more girlish gendered stuff.

my wife and i buy both girls and boys underjams and goodnites..i have always liked the girls ones and she occasionally likes the blue and green pullups..whatever floats your boat imo..

Given a choice, I've always picked girl diapers. I'll concede to being a bit of a sissy, but I also think the girl diapers are just more babyish. Opinion, of course.

While I like gender-neutral ones, I just love wearing girl diapers. :wub: They look so cute and feminine and I feel so subversive wearing them.

What gets me is that they're so sickeningly cute and innocent looking, and then your, erm, activities... tarnish that cuteness. :giggles:

In fact, Girls XL Goodnites are my go-to these days for playing around in.

I've bought girl Goodnites on a few occasions, for the same reason. I like the cute little girl designs over the Ninja/Skate boarder, etc.

dogboy said:
I've bought girl Goodnites on a few occasions, for the same reason. I like the cute little girl designs over the Ninja/Skate boarder, etc.

I struck gold when I found several packages of Girl Goodnites from 2008 at a grocery store just this past August. Apparently they were so high-priced compared to other places that they failed to sell and the manager never reordered them. Lucky for me–I still have one package available. :biggrin:

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the new DC Amor diaper.

It's interesting how some of the older diapers are so much better than the newer. Sometimes it's thickness, and/or design. I guess it's because they were upfront about being diapers back then, and now they're "protective underwear". I understand that for genuinely incontinent kids, but for us......sigh.

I love the look of girls Pull-Ups and the way they fit. I guess I can blame it on being a sissy and liking things associated with Disney Princesses and girly Disney stuff.

I usually get the girl designs. For one girls clothes are always cuter than boys and for another girls diapers hold more at least to me anyway. Don't know if there's any truth to that or not but the reason they have boys and girls designs in the first place is to put the padding in strategic places so it stands to reason that one might be more absorbent than the other. It is mostly because they're cuter though.

dogboy said:
It's interesting how some of the older diapers are so much better than the newer. Sometimes it's thickness, and/or design. I guess it's because they were upfront about being diapers back then, and now they're "protective underwear". I understand that for genuinely incontinent kids, but for us......sigh.

What's funny is that the kids know they are diapers, but the companies keep trying to use the "protective underwear" front. They keep saying the designs are "just like underwear," but I've looked at underwear for comparison and they clearly do NOT look the same. Has anyone at Huggies or Pampers even seen a pair of children's underwear?

PearlPinkFloydJam said:
What's funny is that the kids know they are diapers, but the companies keep trying to use the "protective underwear" front. They keep saying the designs are "just like underwear," but I've looked at underwear for comparison and they clearly do NOT look the same. Has anyone at Huggies or Pampers even seen a pair of children's underwear?

Haha...I enjoyed what you said. Yes, how stupid are they. I totally agree.

If they dropped the 'looks like underwear' front then maybe they'd have a product that doesn't leak so bad. I'm sure for the target audience, Goodnites and Underjams still leak like crazy.

While I do like gender blending I mostly like having more clothing options. Guys have boring looking stuff in blue or green or something like that. Sure for shirts or pants there are still a bunch of variations but they are still shirts or pants. I don't have to pull up an I'm an idiot chart for those unlike dress or skirt styles. I found the Kroger sleep pants are like the old retro white Goodnites I bought when I first got into wearing them and aside from that I'll buy the girls Goodnites exclusively when it isn't actual adult diapers.

PearlPinkFloydJam said:
I don't know of any neutral print diapers as far as training pants are concerned.

This is the age where gender roles begin to solidify, unfortunately. :(

I will look for an old Poll I did on this that ended up being a great discussion. I think it was pretty close to half that preferred girly, like myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that great discussion can be found here http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/87622-Girl-Diaper-or-Boy-Diaper-for-DL-Survey?highlight=boy+girl+diaper+poll

I have been buying some very girly cloth diapers from dependeco lately, lots of pink, I don't know why yet, but I think it is partially the embarrassment factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back