I have the option of moving in with my parents, but can't wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
"my house, my rules" is pretty universal with parents. It's a tradeoff. I assume "for practical reasons" you mean "cheap rent, stable place to live". That's a <b>big</b> break to be bargaining for. I'd recommend you go with it and don't blow it. A stable place to live and imrove your finances and employment just isn't worth risking to indulge yourself for a little while.

You'll have other opportunities later to do what you want to. Look at it this way - deal with this for awhile, get yourself on better footing until you can get back out on your own, THEN do what you want to a year or two from now. Or... push your luck now, lose the helping hand, and maybe spend a very long time not even being able to <i>afford</i> diapers later when you finally get back out on your own. Consider it a bit of a sacrifice/investment for the future.

You know, what's strangely missing here is a "typical" parent's point of view, something I'm going to attempt to offer.

As a parent of three, now ranging in age from their early 40's, down to 25, on the youngest, I feel I can speak from the perspective of a parent that wanted to offer comfort to his children, without trying to adversely influence the outcome of their search for themselves, sexually, or otherwise. The comfort & safety I provided came in the form of a place to call home, for as long as needed, and free food/drink, without much expectation for anything in return (except that they clean up after themselves, relieve the burden on my wife, etc.). We had decent relationships, and they were good & balanced "kids". Nothing like this OP's situation ever came up. That being said, I did live through this 3 different times, with three different personalities, and I gave them 100% latitude to just be who they were, no strings, in the privacy of their rooms (including boyfriend/girlfriend sleepovers). Point is, even with the recent concession Achieldan's parents have made, I still think they're being a little intrusive. Maybe it's warranted, because of things they know about Achieldan's behavior & lifestyle that we don't know, and just maybe they need to let their child explore all the aspects of who they are, unfettered from parental intrusion. If the parent's understood this well enough, they should be able to make adult decisions about how much of it would be enough to keep the peace, and where soft limits should be imposed (as in, no sitting in the main part of the house in diapers, and no overtly sexualized behavior in common areas).

Not sure that all came out the way I wanted it to, but I tried. In a more perfect world, the parents should have been oblivious to private things the OP wanted to engage in (hard drug/alcohol use excepted), and the OP would have been more accepting in understanding that when you live in a communal environment, such as a family home, you MIGHT have to make concessions with regard to personal activities you engage in. And, if either party can't live within those soft boundaries, then they shouldn't be pretending to be understanding adults, and they should just live apart.

Jamieboy said:
(hard drug/alcohol use excepted)

This makes for an interesting counterpoint. How similar is OPs parent's reaction to your reaction if your kids insisted that they _had_ to shoot heroin to be happy. Would you let them, even though it's against your beliefs? I'm not saying the analogy is correct, but I will point out that to highly conservative religious types (which it sounds like OPs parents are), the kind of deviant behaviour we're into is as bad if not worse. They likely see this as destructive and harmful, in the same light as drug or alcohol abuse.

No, if they were into hard drugs, I'd practice tough love, and get them into a program. That would be for their benefit, as well as the safety of the household. As for alcohol, I'd allow that and/or pot, as long as it wasn't taken to the point of drunkeness. That, again, would be unacceptable. Mostly, I would try not to be a hypocrite.

As for religion, I baptized my last into the Catholic church, to appease my mom, who wanted to be with him in Heaven, when their respective times came (hers did in '99), but I never even made him attend church, or practice the faith, even though I was forced through all of it as a kid.

Again, we should all be free to make adult choices, if it isn't designed or intended to hurt those around us. My wife used yo choke on the whole diaper thing, making me feel as if I brought it into the relationship, and IT was causing harm. What was really happening was that her oppositional point of view was putting her in an adversarial position, with respect to my needs to have diapers in my life TOO, and her opposition was really the root cause of our problems, not anything I was doing in my diapers. She just turned it into a mistress-type relationship, between me and the diapers, and, of course, that caused her great consternation. When I'd let her try to control my use, shed try to control me out of wearing, which always started that vicious cycle of need all over. She's since chilled way out (after 2.5 decades...), and I wear now everyday, without much ado. The parents, in this case, can make it an issue (and it will become one), or they can choose to be adults that realize the infinite variability of the human form, and accept their creation as being slightly flawed, as they themselves are. And, no, I don't consider my love of diapers to be a flaw, in my life. I consider it more as an adjunct to my personality, that I've grown to love and nurture, once I realized I wasn't going to grow out of it. I'm guessing its not much different, in that respect, from a gay or lesbian coming to terms with it in their life, and finally embracing who they are. Same goes for TG's, TV's, panty fetishists, rubber/foot/furry fetishists. A person connected to the person with the fetish can always claim they're being adversely affected by that fetish, but it's baloney, if they're the ones creating the consternation.

Hope that makes sense, with respect to the OP.

Practical or not, I would make every effort to NOT have to move back in with your parents. That being said, I don't know what your situation is, but you should use your love of wearing as a motivator to find another option.

Good Luck.

-Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back