Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever think less of yourself?

Default Do you ever think less of yourself?

Even with acceptance of our life style, do you ever even for a moment think less of yourself? Sometimes when i put it into perspective down to the nitty gritty, that i am a man wearing BABY printed diapers and doing other BABYish things out of pure enjoyment, as an adult i just can't help but think its extremely degrading and i'm embarrassed of myself at that point but ignore it and continue on of course.

Not anymore. It's a ridiculous desire. I don't know why I have it but I enjoy it and it's no more objectively stupid than a lot of things we do without any recriminations. If anything, I feel freer and better in this as it's one of the things that I do that is uniquely me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedChi View Post
    Even with acceptance of our life style, do you ever even for a moment think less of yourself? Sometimes when i put it into perspective down to the nitty gritty, that i am a man wearing BABY printed diapers and doing other BABYish things out of pure enjoyment, as an adult i just can't help but think its extremely degrading and i'm embarrassed of myself at that point but ignore it and continue on of course.
    I most certainly did when I was your age. I grew up on the Jersey Shore and many of us thought we had to be tough. Even though I was a musician, and maybe because of it, I felt I had to have this tough persona. My best friend was a very good athlete, and we all played a lot of sports. But at night in my bedroom, I was compelled to wear diapers or some sort of makeshift, and wet them. Afterwards, I questioned my sanity.

You know how they say things get better. They really do regarding this. Now, I just lay back and enjoy it. I think a big reason for that is because I no longer have anything to prove to anyone. When you get a little older, you realize that as adults, we do a lot of different things, and for the most part, do them well. Who we are as people is very complicated in terms that so many different things define us. Wearing diapers and in my case, regressing, is just a part of who I am, and a part that no one except my wife, knows about. Life goes on.

I used to beat up myself like crazy for this. Then the love of my life talked to me about it. To this day she's still more okay with it than I am. I don't know how.

Not for wanting to wear diapers, no. It's just something I enjoy. I occasionally beat myself up for other stuff like not doing enough to find a romantic partner, not being social enough with friends, or not spending enough time bettering myself with some combination of exercise, culture, and ongoing learning. But I'd also go crazy if I tried to be productive and social 24/7, so usually sanity reasserts itself and I try to adjust my balance a little.

Sometimes when i put it into perspective down to the nitty gritty, that i am a man wearing BABY printed diapers and doing other BABYish things out of pure enjoyment, as an adult i just can't help but think its extremely degrading and i'm embarrassed of myself at that point but ignore it and continue on of course.
    Yes, but not really in the same sense that you seem to be feeling it. It's sort of the same feeling I get when I see that I've amassed 74,000 gold and three houses in Skyrim over 60 hours of play, yet I'm dissatisfied with how my real life bank account looks. And I realize that I could have taken a second job instead of playing video games.

Not really. It's just an unusual desire I have, and one that - as it causes no harm to anyone - I naturally indulge in. If I felt that practicing ABDL was impacting on my ability to hold down a job, form social relationships or enjoy other hobbies, I'd probably start to question my own self-worth. Provided you can function as an adult, and that ABDL doesn't take over your life, I don't see that there's any reason for (or any value in) criticising yourself for enjoying ABDL activities & behaviours.

I wouldn't say I think less of myself, but there are moments when I'm really locked in the adult world that the notion of what occupies a significant other part of my life, does seem somewhat ridiculous....even kinda pathetic ... Ummmm, but that passes quickly and the excited little bub part of me ensures that it all makes sense.

I think it's perfectly normal for the rational/logical part of your personality, to consider AB behaviour as bizarre...cause well actually it is. The thing is, only you can determine whether or not it makes sense for you to be doing this.

If you do, and it has positive benefits for you, then you'll learn to rationalise the behaviour (unfortunately, the man wearing baby print diapers is always going to look just a little out of place... meh, big deal...don't look in the mirror, and focus on the feeling)

I do sometimes, but still I keep moving.

Before ADISC I thought I was crazy. Now I accept my desires and let them fully become a part of who I am.