Thread: How to explain AB/DL to my girlfriend?

Default How to explain AB/DL to my girlfriend?

I told her about this a few months ago and she's mostly ok with this. Except for she thinks I want her to be a little girl or baby, which is not true. I want her to be her adult self but I also like little girl and baby things. This is hard for me to explain. I've told her how it is, just like that, but I wan't to be able to explain it better. Does anyone have any insight? I also never really cared much about baby or little girl things before I was in a relationship with her, I just liked diapers. But since I've been with her it made me realize I really like little girl and baby things. I like treating her like a little girl, treating her like a baby seeing her being dressed as a little girl or baby, her talking and acting like a little girl or baby. You get the idea. I just want to be able to understand and explain this feeling better. Thanks.

Let's see. This post is a good start. You might want to make a list, actually write down some of the things you'd like and some of the things that you wouldn't like. Then give her a chance to look it over and ask you questions during a time when you won't get interrupted and have time to spend with each other so you can both figure it out.

Also, hi and welcome to ADISC, theabdlguy. You might want to pop into the Greetings forum and write yourself an introduction so we can get to know a little bit about you.

Quote Originally Posted by theabdlguy View Post
    Except for she thinks I want her to be a little girl or baby, which is not true.

I like treating her like a little girl, treating her like a baby seeing her being dressed as a little girl or baby, her talking and acting like a little girl or baby. You get the idea.
    These are entirely contradictory statements...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    These are entirely contradictory statements...
    I think what the OP means is that his girlfriend thinks he wants her to actually be a little girl/baby, whilst he's trying to show her that he loves her for the adult she is...but enjoys the kind of ageplay where he's treating her as a little.

And honestly, what I'd advise is communicating just that. Tell her how much you enjoy/admire her adult qualities, and that you wouldn't want to change anything about her - but that you feel ABDL and in particular the Daddy/Girl dynamic could add an extra level of intimacy and closeness to your relationship!

I would definitely start with mostly what you are telling us. That for you this is just a sort of kink, just a bit of bedtime roleplay. That you don't want her to be a little girl, that you love her as a woman.. even in the ageplay moments. This feels like one of those times where I can say that she just might not feel comfortable with it though especially at first.. you can imagine how strange it might seem to an outsider.

If she is willing to try at all, you absolutely need to do your best to help her feel understood and work with her. Let her go by her pace and don't expect it all at once if she doesn't want to. Ease her into things, start small, be open and honest and patient with her. Understand where she is coming from and work with her, and don't push her past her boundaries and what she's comfortable with.

I wish you luck.

I told her about this a few months ago and she's mostly ok with this. Except for she thinks I want her to be a little girl or baby, which is not true. I want her to be her adult self but I also like little girl and baby things. This is hard for me to explain. I've told her how it is, just like that, but I wan't to be able to explain it better. Does anyone have any insight? I also never really cared much about baby or little girl things before I was in a relationship with her, I just liked diapers. But since I've been with her it made me realize I really like little girl and baby things. I like treating her like a little girl, treating her like a baby seeing her being dressed as a little girl or baby, her talking and acting like a little girl or baby. You get the idea. I just want to be able to understand and explain this feeling better. Thanks.
    I am confused about why wouldn't you want her to be a baby girl and little girl if you re already treating her like one. Isn't that what is it, wanting her to be a little girl or a bay girl if you are treating her as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I am confused about why wouldn't you want her to be a baby girl and little girl if you re already treating her like one. Isn't that what is it, wanting her to be a little girl or a bay girl if you are treating her as such?
    I disagree Calico. Of course I can't speak for the OP but BEING a baby girl and little girl and treating someone like one is completely different.

Theabdlguy says it himself "Except for she thinks I want her to be a little girl or baby, which is not true." You guys (the ABDL world) get this pedophile rep, and in my opinion it's this kind of miscommunication with your significant others that leads to it. Wishing your girlfriend was a little girl is not cool, at least not in the minds of the law and most people on this forum. But wishing your girlfriend would act like a little girl, that's okay; role play, kink, fantasy, most people can get on board with that because it's pretty much universal. Getting the distinction across between wanting to be in a relationship with a little girl and wanting to be in a relationship with an adult women who role-plays and enjoying her acting young is IMPORTANT.

As someone who was told about this particular kink from a boyfriend who muttered "have you ever heard of infantilism" (which I hadn't) I testify that what you say and how you say it is important. I was like what? Infants? What? You're into BABIES?!?! Luckily I stuck around to hear him out, and discuss what it meant to him. My advice: go into the conversation prepared, do your homework and try to anticipate her questions before you have the conversation, also speak clearly. As other's have said, make sure you emphasize that you love her as an adult. It's a kink, and if she's been receptive so far than it sounds like you just need to explain it so she can understand it as such. Good luck!
    -EyesNewlyOpened

Quote Originally Posted by EyesNewlyOpened View Post
    I disagree Calico. Of course I can't speak for the OP but BEING a baby girl and little girl and treating someone like one is completely different.

Theabdlguy says it himself "Except for she thinks I want her to be a little girl or baby, which is not true." You guys (the ABDL world) get this pedophile rep, and in my opinion it's this kind of miscommunication with your significant others that leads to it. Wishing your girlfriend was a little girl is not cool, at least not in the minds of the law and most people on this forum. But wishing your girlfriend would act like a little girl, that's okay; role play, kink, fantasy, most people can get on board with that because it's pretty much universal. Getting the distinction across between wanting to be in a relationship with a little girl and wanting to be in a relationship with an adult women who role-plays and enjoying her acting young is IMPORTANT.

As someone who was told about this particular kink from a boyfriend who muttered "have you ever heard of infantilism" (which I hadn't) I testify that what you say and how you say it is important. I was like what? Infants? What? You're into BABIES?!?! Luckily I stuck around to hear him out, and discuss what it meant to him. My advice: go into the conversation prepared, do your homework and try to anticipate her questions before you have the conversation, also speak clearly. As other's have said, make sure you emphasize that you love her as an adult. It's a kink, and if she's been receptive so far than it sounds like you just need to explain it so she can understand it as such. Good luck!
    -EyesNewlyOpened
    Exactly. From a sexual standpoint it's just role play. I like to role play as a little but even more so as care taker. From a non sexual stand point sure it would be cute and nice to actually be a little or to actually be a care taker, the fantasy does come from somewhere ya know. And to state again, that would be non sexual and purely emotional. What I am interested in is role playing as an adult with adults. Where it is emotional and sexual, and more meaningful to me since I'm doing it with my girlfriend who is the one I love more than anyone. I haven't brought this topic up again yet to her but I will soon. Thanks for your input guys. And I'll do an introduction post probably tomorrow.

Its good that you told her you have to be honest in a relationship thats a good thing,
    I dont know you girlfriend but i would take it slow from now and stop longing with i want this i want that ..
    Axcepting that you partner wears diapers and such things is not eazy when you have notthing to do with that,
    I know a few relationships who treath eatshother as baby and such things but they are for years together
    I see often much wanting and longing when a guy tell her girlfriend about a fetish and me as female says ( you can better make a step back for a while and let it rest befor the next step)
    Srr for my gramma

I think the problem may lie in how you have been explaining what you want. Reading your post, it was even a little confusing for me to understand, but I think the wonderful folks of ADISC have cleared it up well. You want to love your girlfriend like a woman, but to do that more you'd like for her to act like a little girl.

Honestly, this isn't as bizarre of a request as it may sound. It's fairly common. Try explaining to her that you'd like it if she'd act out as a little girl to add to your diaper fetish. Remind her that you're NOT into little girls, but love her enough as an adult that you'd like for her to act like one for role play. Explain some of the things you'd like for her to do. It might be difficult getting her on board, but I think it can be done if the relationship is strong enough. It also depends on how far you want to take it.

This is actually a pretty good thread with solid ideas so you may even want to show it to her.