AB/DL Metalheads??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvb123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Any AB/DL Metalheads around here on ADISC? Interested to know if there are any on here other than me :) If so what bands are you into the most?

I'm personally into any form of metal/rock but recently have gotten into bands like Kuza, Attila, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and Dragonforce :)

In my teens I was really into the original and best death metal & grindcore bands - Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Entombed etc.. Tend to listen slightly more melodic metal bands now: quite a lot of Metallica and Pantera. I'd never quite call myself a metalhead - it wasn't the majority of what I listened to, and I never dressed like a metalhead, but it's a diverse genre which has produced a hell of a lot of quality, uncompromising bands.

Sanch said:
In my teens I was really into the original and best death metal & grindcore bands - Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Entombed etc.. Tend to listen slightly more melodic metal bands now: quite a lot of Metallica and Pantera. I'd never quite call myself a metalhead - it wasn't the majority of what I listened to, and I never dressed like a metalhead, but it's a diverse genre which has produced a hell of a lot of quality, uncompromising bands.

Awesome! Yeah I hate using the term Metalhead especially because I listen to numerous forms of music but primarily listen to metal, Grew up listening to bands like Death and Cannibal Corpse :)

Machine Head, Opeth, Tool and Maynard in general, Dragonforce to a less extent, Slipknot and Corey Taylor in general, Nevermore and Mastadon... There's a lot more but that's on my play list right now

FEAR, The Descendants, The Adolescents (AMEBOA!), Black Flag (MY WAR! YOUR ONE OF THEM!), Agent Orange, the list could go on and on.

My favorite metal band is Avenged Sevenfold, but I'd consider my taste in metal to lean toward progressive, so I'm rather fond of bands like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Protest The Hero, Between The Buried And Me, and so on.

I wouldn't call myself a Metalhead since I have a wide range of musical taste and my primary genre would be Rock. But I do like a lot of heavy metal. Amberian Dawn, Children of Bodom, and Dimmu Borgir are some favorites of mine.

Now like others i have a REALLY wide range of music i listen to, but due to the influence the genre had in my life I will always consider myself a metalhead first and other genres later.
But the bands that i liste to are usualy As i lay dying, Behemoth, Children of bodom, Death, Dimmu borgir, Amon amarth (please dont hurtme for this one), BFMV (not as much anymore but it did get me into metal), Kalmah, Sabaton, Korpiklaani,Alestorm..

I can go on forever but I do actualy like all of them

Melon said:
Now like others i have a REALLY wide range of music i listen to, but due to the influence the genre had in my life I will always consider myself a metalhead first and other genres later.
But the bands that i liste to are usualy As i lay dying, Behemoth, Children of bodom, Death, Dimmu borgir, Amon amarth (please dont hurtme for this one), BFMV (not as much anymore but it did get me into metal), Kalmah, Sabaton, Korpiklaani,Alestorm..

I can go on forever but I do actualy like all of them

That's awesome I'm a huuuuuge fan of Death! :D Don't worry I like BFMV too ;) Use to love Bodom too but went off them in recent years when my music taste changed XD

Nice to see fellow death fans :)
What is your favorite song?

Norwegian black metal fan here! Emperor, Windir, Vreid, Moonsorrow, Enslaved, Gorgoroth. Also definitely into the more symphonic and folky things too.

Any power metal nerds here? Blind Guardian has a new album out that's pretty rad, and Devin Townsend's latest is fun too.

I don't know if I could call myself a metal head because the only band I listen to is Eluveitie and a little of Amon Amarth. But I like Eluveitie more :p

I am into folkish/Celtics/viking/whatever you call those music and was listening to a folk rock band called Blackmore's Night before I started listening to Eluveitie. All because of a school project, I've been exposed to the metal genre and thought "if there's folk rock will there be folk metal?" BINGO! I WAS RIGHT!! And Eluveitie is the one that catches my eyes or rather ears :p

Melon said:
Nice to see fellow death fans :)
What is your favorite song?

Ahhh that's a difficult one to decide! XD At the moment I'd have to say it's Living Monstrosity but my favourite album hands down is Scream Bloody Gore :) What about you?

Infernal death duh ;)

Melon said:
Infernal death duh ;)

Haha awesome! :D Evil Dead is probably my second favourite that whole album is just amazing ;)

Have listened to most forms of metal since first discovering Iron Maiden in the mid 80s, although never gone in for the whole "metalhead" tag, dresscode and what have you. Never saw the need. Done a lot of extreme metal over the years - thrash, old school death metal and grindcore, second wave Black Metal and what have you. These days i seem to be mostly into doom metal, Black Metal and assorted strains of death metal. Bands I'm listening to a lot of late are Conan, The Wounded Kings, Cult of Fire, Shining, Slugdge, Zemial, Watain, Diskord, Desolate Shrine, Vassafor, Teitanblood, Winterfylleth and Gilgamesh.

I don't listen to enough modern stuff. I'm still stuck on Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Testament...

LaLoneDigi said:
I don't listen to enough modern stuff. I'm still stuck on Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Testament...

Not that those are bad things to be stuck on!

LaLoneDigi said:

That's surely a good thing? XD most modern stuff is commercial garbage unless you look in the right places ;) although each to their own and whatnot :)

Have a lot of interests myself, including metal. Leaning mostly towards Hard Rock right now for my preferences. I do like A7X, Five Finger Death Punch, Opeth, BFMV, Dragonforce, and many others. Have mostly been listening to stuff like Halestorm, Otherwise, Godsmack, etc. lately though.

Gotta love the internet and satellite radio, you can actually get to hear the stuff you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back