Why No AB/DL Pull Ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Over the years I've been pleasantly surprised to learn that I am one of many people who's AB/DL side is of an older child, yet no one has seen this business opportunity to make adult size child styled pull ups (that can hold more than a thimble full!) I love the look of Underjams and Drynites, I think they're so cute and fits right into my regression age of a 5-10 year old. I can fit into Drynites but they do tear at the sides eventually.

If they could be made without that granny-panty elastic, that would be one thing. As it is, though, I find the design of most adult pull-ups unappealing, and unfortunately any AB/DL pull-up can only hope to be manufactured using the same techniques and equipment used for existing adult pull-ups. The market for AB/DL diapers is just too small for companies like Snuggies, ABU, etc., to be able to afford serious re-tooling. That's why their products are, fundamentally, baby-ized adult diapers rather than adult-ized baby diapers. As somebody who would love a stretchy-sided, cloth-backed, velcro-closure AB/DL diaper, I fear there won't soon be an AB/DL diaper that really "does it" for me -- for the same reasons.

I look forward to being proved wrong, though!

I have always wished for something like this! Just a bigger version of a Goodnite with more absorbancy would be my dream!

I love diapers over pull ups, tho I do see your point.
I know of a few in the furry/cub fandom that like them more.

I agree with Cottontail in that there appearance may suffer.
Also companies have to know for sure they will sell them easy enough,
and have a big enough audience for them.

Things like Goodnights, underjams I can fit into as well.
As long as I am careful pulling them up.
Tho they hold little.

Tho I am curious as to what hold more.
A kid pull up or a Depends pull up XD

I'm 100% all for this idea. GoodNites were my jam for the longest time. I love the aschetic of a diaper that's "kinda" trying to look like panties but still is visibly not. There is this middle ground of diaper design and panty design that its my favorite thing.. and it's been sorely missing since GoodNites (understandably) have pushed further towards the "looking like underwear" side.

The basic issue is the mass ABDL diaper options are relatively new, and no one has done it yet. I expect we will see an option at some point.

I cannot wait for this to become a reality

Money. the people that make this AB DL diapers got to see a market for it.

Cottontail said:
If they could be made without that granny-panty elastic, that would be one thing.

Damn I know they look so ugly! But how hard can it be to just upsize drynites/goodnites/underjams?

I presume that the lack of AB/DL pull ups is due to a lack of off-the-rack machines to make them. While established adult diaper manufacturing machines can be purchased or contracted and adapted to use somewhat thicker padding, machines for manufacturing pull-on diapers may be more specialized. And the AB/DL market is probably too small to justify the engineering cost of making major changes to existing manufacturing setups.

I've discussed this one before as well.

DiaperedHonolulu said:
I presume that the lack of AB/DL pull ups is due to a lack of off-the-rack machines to make them. While established adult diaper manufacturing machines can be purchased or contracted and adapted to use somewhat thicker padding, machines for manufacturing pull-on diapers may be more specialized. And the AB/DL market is probably too small to justify the engineering cost of making major changes to existing manufacturing setups.

Well ABDL pull-ups is taking an already niche marked of AB/DL... and really just stripping it down to mostly ABs and not even all of them either! Some DLs are akin to a plastic fetish and a pee fetish that's just merged and just want the crinkliest plasticyest thing ever and others want the tapes and the AB-like incontinence experience so those diapers "cover" all bottoms xD But for pull-ups I feel it's more a niche within a niche - albeit one I supremely am personally interested in!

They are available in all cotton, machine washable from baby-pants.com. I have several and sometimes wear them to work.

rj

Rebecca1971 said:
They are available in all cotton, machine washable from baby-pants.com. I have several and sometimes wear them to work.

rj

Those are great, but sometimes people want the squish of a 'posie over cloth. But for now those do work, and I actually love the ones I have.

I started by wearing Goodnites, and then slowly weaned myself into diapers. Truthfully, the only way I'd be interested in any type of adult pull ups would be if they made a larger version of the Huggies Pull Ups, with the blue/red sides and the cute cartoons. That would be amazing, and my little side would definitely be appreciative.

Many of us had early experiences wearing pull-ups either from our own bedwetting experience or from a relative who wore them. Thus, I think pullusps are mostly tied to feelings from our youth and therefore appeal more to ABs.

If they had the size of the old style goodnites but with the newer style sides, that'd be pretty perfect. I have to 'point up' as they say, and everything else, the padding either doesn't go high enough, or of it does the waistband isn't snug enough to keep things in place and prevent leaks. The closest thing is the realfit depend underwear or whatever, but man does that juts get so dang hot, and still fits kinda weird.

I'll be down for this idea and I will certainly buy some if they actually made them, but Matt1989 said it best there has to be a market for it in order for it to happen.

I, too, think some AB pull ups could be fun. I am a DL only but do enjoy the colorful and cartoon like designs when I wear. Some similarly themed pullups would definitely be something I would buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back