Why No AB/DL Pull Ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd be fun to try, though they aren't nearly absorbent enough for say overnight protection.

DiaperedHonolulu said:
I presume that the lack of AB/DL pull ups is due to a lack of off-the-rack machines to make them. While established adult diaper manufacturing machines can be purchased or contracted and adapted to use somewhat thicker padding, machines for manufacturing pull-on diapers may be more specialized. And the AB/DL market is probably too small to justify the engineering cost of making major changes to existing manufacturing setups.

Exactly right. The companies that actually manufacture ABDL diapers would need to modify their machines to create the pull-ups we are thinking about, and it would take hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions if they had to create an entirely new machine. No ABDL retailer (ie Bambino, etc.) has the capital to invest in that themselves - it would take the support (and risk) of the actual manufacturer. The issue is whether or not any of those manufacturers is willing to step up and develop the means to create this groundbreaking product, because nothing like it currently exists.

The Baby Pants training pants are superb recreations of the old Gerber cotton training pants, and I have six pair of the BP version. Problem is, they aren't waterproof ... wetting more than a thimble-full means wet pants as well as wet training pants. Wearing plastic pants over the training pants tends to defeat the purpose. If there were AB Pull-ups available, I'd buy them ... but I imagine the few orders from the AB community isn't enough to justify the huge investment needed to create machines that make something other than "granny panties."

If they would come out with that type of pull up I would be able to wear 24/7 no problems. I have spoken to Adam at northshore and I think in the long run he is looking at making such I pullup I hope so because I really would like to wear 24/7 but can't because of my job but with pullups I could

Yeah AB/Dl pull ups would be cool

kavi said:
If they had the size of the old style goodnites but with the newer style sides, that'd be pretty perfect. I have to 'point up' as they say, and everything else, the padding either doesn't go high enough, or of it does the waistband isn't snug enough to keep things in place and prevent leaks. The closest thing is the realfit depend underwear or whatever, but man does that juts get so dang hot, and still fits kinda weird.

I don't know why so many of you put down the depends,,, the real fit is pretty close to a adult pull up and they do hold a fairly good wetting and are not granny pants style. they are a bit pricy but I get them from target by the case of 56 for less the a buck apiece delivered. And I don't always point up.

I don't put them down they are just not as absorbent enough for me. I want a pullup that has a slightly less as or bank factor than northshore supreme brief and are discreet

- - - Updated - - -

Z as or bank is actually absorbent

The issue isn't the machines but the cost.

Not everyone can set aside $50,000 to start up a company like this. The good news is possibly in 3 years that I might be able to pull something like that along with a few other people pitching in to start up a company that sells adultized disposable pull ups(the ones that toddlers wear). I found a few manifactors who are willing to give it a shot, just that I dont have anywhere close to that kind of money to give somthing like that a shot.

And I dont see it as entering the nitch market of the abdl sector eather. The adult abdl pull ups will hold as much as the Bambino Teddys of what I'm aiming for with velco sides like on the Easy Ups and Pull Ups but marketing this pull up towards abdl's who rather not take a poo in their diapers as 70% of abdls don't. Perfit for more then 50% of abdls, high absorbancy, easy slip on and off design that's based off of Pull Ups and Easy Ups and a front animal cartoon graphic(dosnt fade when wet) with all around prints that fade when wet.

Thats my idea at least.

Has anyone tried the Tens Pants, even the Plus or Maxi versions of it? There's very little info of it out there and it seems it may be one of the better pull ups out there.

I wish someone would find an easy way to make diapers/pullups with a 3d printer so we could easily print them at home to our exact size, copying w/e baby brand or custom idea we so desire. XD

I think the reason AB/DL pull-ups don't exist is the same reason modern AB/DL clothes don't exist and Pampers/Huggies/Luvs clones for AB/DLs don't exist: I think we're stereotyped, even by the markets trying to sell to us. I think everyone thinks we want to look like we came from the 50s.

I find AB/DL product practices to be really weird. Ugly prints that you'd never see on children's clothes are common. All pajamas are footed when in the real world, those are less common. The individual pictures in child-like prints on AB/DL clothing are smaller and more crowded than you see even on real children's clothes, making it seem like an eye sore-- even though on real children's clothes, the cuteness comes from the pictures in the prints being larger and simpler with more curves and bolder colors.

I mean, try to find something similar to this in real toddler boys' clothes: Green and brown, large-striped, snug, two-piece pajamas with a lap-neck on the shirt and a large picture of a cute brown monkey on the tee. Adorable, comfortable, and... really easy to find, right? Now try to find that in AB/DL clothing. Yeah, no. It doesn't exist. And neither do modern AB/DL child-like pull-ups. Pull-ups are a modern invention and ABDL stuff doesn't seem to like to be any kind of "modern" yet. Sorry.

True, the "fetish industry", or what you want to call it is pretty terrible in my eyes. At least you don't have to rely on them to find some cute stuff and diapers, but real baby things are just not possible.

Also I cannot recommend Tena pants either, they suffer from the granny effect as well. Goodnites (etc) are the only good looking ones where the padding is decently high front and back. Still, even if they made an upsized version of this as adult pullups, I'd still miss the prints :p

Bambusa said:

That's awesome and all, but the issue would reform slightly to "Where can I get them that ships to [Insert Country]?" Essentially the same problem in a modified but related context. Japan is known for making crazy awesome (and scary) things only for out of country people to discover not only do they exist, but that they also can't get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back