Goodnights/Underjams

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman62

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Just a quick question because I'm curious.
Most every store that I have shopped in only carries the Goodnights and Underjams in the boys style ie; the print for boys. Is that because they only make them for boys or possibly because the general assumption is that boys seem to have a greater issue with bedwetting than girls do.

I'd say everyone prefers the girl's and so they sell out of them while boys either prefer the girl's kind or wet sheets more often.

Statically speaking, yes more boys than girls have bedwetting issues. Most stores probably carry more boys ones, because they sell faster than the girls ones.

It's also possible that the stores you've been in have a limited supply of the girls ones, & have sold out by the time you get there.

Gender identity for boys is usually a hot topic with both parents & young boys. While young girls generally won't have a problem wearing the ones with a boys print & might prefer them. The same can't be said of the reverse. Most young boys would refuse to wear the girl one, if that was their only choice. Even if no one sees it but them, they'll still refuse.

- - - Updated - - -

But I can assure you that yes, they make ones with girls prints & ones with boys prints.

You might try Walmart's if you're looking for girl's Goodnites. I've found them there when I felt more in the little girl mode.

As someone else said, developmentally boys are more prone to enuresis so stores naturally sell more of those. I've been to lots of stores and the boys are by far the better-stocked, have more package counts, both sizes rather than just small, etc. Regarding using the other gender, there was a response from Kimberly-Clark to a parent asking, and they basically said that girls can use both without much leakage issue, but that boys should only use the boy design ones, so another reason that they might stock less girls' ones. That said, where I am there are plenty of places to get both genders and both sizes in small and large packs. I hope KCC never discontinues the gendered ones!

bluesman62 said:
Just a quick question because I'm curious.
Most every store that I have shopped in only carries the Goodnights and Underjams in the boys style ie; the print for boys. Is that because they only make them for boys or possibly because the general assumption is that boys seem to have a greater issue with bedwetting than girls do.

Could be. It could also be that there are more boys currently being born than girls so stores will opt to order the boys' version. Are you visiting big box stores or local grocery stores? The Target/Walmart stores I frequent almost always have both kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back