Not open for further replies.

Paddedwolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I have two Leakmaster prefolds and I'm currently using Dependico diaper covers over them, but I think I should get a good pair of plastic pants. Where is the best place I could get a good quality pair with a decent price?

Most continence supply stores have them. I got one from physio supplies because I'm in Australia. It was more of a DL one being 'thick' from Gary Manufacturing. It is noisy unless
wearing Jeans but it leave red some times sore marks on waist and legs, not sure if its meant to or I got a size to small. Also for me it isnt high enough to cover the nappy so
either the leg guards stick out below the cuffs of the pants or the top bit does(unless I fold it down).
I think I will get higher ones when these wear out despite the fact I'm not incont. and only ever wet if I am not near a loo (or feel like it) and just like the feel of them.

Rearz is clearing out a lot of stuff right now. Go for the amber coloured stuff.

Changing Times Diaper Co has quality plastic pants by Gary at good prices. Also PUL panties
made for CTDC by Kins. They are also good quality. I have four of them which I wear over my
prefolds all the time. The prices on them are also good.

I buy from baby-pants and babykins. Plastic, vinyl, rubber, hand wash air dry or machine wash and low heat dryer. Durable anc comfortable, long lasting .

rj

Thank you all for the input I'll look into all of these.

+1 for Changing Times. I really like the Comfort Vinyl pants he sells, which are by Gary Mfg.

I get Leakmaster highbacks from All Together Enterprises, but I go through Amazon. If you go to Amazon, you can see the product and prices. I like the highbacks because I sleep in diapers, and I don't want my cloth diaper outside of the waistband, obviously.

dogboy said:
I get Leakmaster highbacks from All Together Enterprises, but I go through Amazon. If you go to Amazon, you can see the product and prices. I like the highbacks because I sleep in diapers, and I don't want my cloth diaper outside of the waistband, obviously.

I looked at those and they seemed good. They are made by the same people who made my pre folds and the Leakmasters are a great product.

Just picked up a few of the samples from Rearz! Super cheap for the pants ($10 for 2 pvc 1 latex and a disposable sample) but shipping was $16! Still hardly any money for what I got. I have yet to test anything beyond fit, and I am very happy with the way they fit over my disposables.

Thank you all! I have decided on the Leakmasters.

Go for the Leakmaster Deluxe version- they have the high back, and a great heavy material plus great elastics. The regular leakmasters are fine too, but much lighter (they seem to be identical to standard Gary pants).

carstoncouche said:
Go for the Leakmaster Deluxe version- they have the high back, and a great heavy material plus great elastics. The regular leakmasters are fine too, but much lighter (they seem to be identical to standard Gary pants).

I got the deluxe :3

Great, enjoy!

Check out http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Plastic-Pant-Care.html for some hints on how to care for them & make them last.

Some hints from me, for those who don't have the luxury of perfect privacy:

Rinse your pants out while you shower. Pat them dry inside and out, and hang them on a pants hanger. Take another regular hanger with a baggy shirt, and place the diaper hanger inside the shirt. No one will notice that you have 2 hangers sticking out of one shirt.

Accept the fact that plastic pants will begin to smell like stale pee over time. You can reduce this by machine washing and using tons of bleach, but you will never completely eliminate the smell and you will drastically reduce the lifespan of your pants.
Try keeping them in a sealed container like a Rubbermaid tub and/or keeping them in a closet with a time-release deodorizer, just a little something to cloak the smell. Everyone's bedroom can smell a bit funky from time to time, so don't worry about the smell- it's no big deal, and no one will notice.

P.S. Now you gotta get some thin plastic pants, like the regular Leakmaster/Gary product. Totally different experience!

Nobody mentioned my favorite source of plastic pants, Fetware.

carstoncouche said:
Great, enjoy!

Check out http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Plastic-Pant-Care.html for some hints on how to care for them & make them last.

Some hints from me, for those who don't have the luxury of perfect privacy:

Rinse your pants out while you shower. Pat them dry inside and out, and hang them on a pants hanger. Take another regular hanger with a baggy shirt, and place the diaper hanger inside the shirt. No one will notice that you have 2 hangers sticking out of one shirt.

Accept the fact that plastic pants will begin to smell like stale pee over time. You can reduce this by machine washing and using tons of bleach, but you will never completely eliminate the smell and you will drastically reduce the lifespan of your pants.
Try keeping them in a sealed container like a Rubbermaid tub and/or keeping them in a closet with a time-release deodorizer, just a little something to cloak the smell. Everyone's bedroom can smell a bit funky from time to time, so don't worry about the smell- it's no big deal, and no one will notice.

P.S. Now you gotta get some thin plastic pants, like the regular Leakmaster/Gary product. Totally different experience!

Thank you for the advise! I tried them on over my cloth diapers and they rise rather high. They are the mediums and I have medium cloth diapers made by the same company. It seems though that the plastic pant rises a good amount over the top of the diaper. The diaper usually sits about 2 inches bellow my belly button and the plastic pant is over the belly button. Not sure how each is suppose to sit. I sometimes think I should get a large size cloth diaper.

I like the Thick 7 mil Leakmaster ones from adultclothdiaper. Those are a good buy and lasted me a while(about 6 months). But I have to say that I'm a fan of the blue stars plastic pants from baby-pants. They are awesome too, but don't last as long, but are also cheaper than the leakmaster if I remember correctly. Can't go wrong with either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back