Thread: Do I need a Physiologist that specializes in something?

Default Do I need a Physiologist that specializes in something?

Okay so I have decided that I need to go see a Physiologist but don't really know where to start. I have been to them in the past, but that was back when I was in elementary and High School so I didn't have to pick them out. I do have some anxiety so I was thinking to just go to one that says works with that. Do I need to be looking for someone that specializes in anything in particular as far as my DL side, or just pick one and see how it goes?

Quote Originally Posted by derepaid View Post
    Okay so I have decided that I need to go see a Physiologist but don't really know where to start. I have been to them in the past, but that was back when I was in elementary and High School so I didn't have to pick them out. I do have some anxiety so I was thinking to just go to one that says works with that. Do I need to be looking for someone that specializes in anything in particular as far as my DL side, or just pick one and see how it goes?
    Some therapist do have "specialties" but it is more in the style of teaching that they use. Just go with what you find and start with the anxiety first. Do not be afraid to change therapist. This is a very close "relationship" that you will be forming and the first rule is to get someone you feel comfortable talking to. I have had some real great therapist a few good therapist and a "jerk".

Good luck at finding a great therapist.

Egor

Something my SO helped me realize, it really helps to have a goal in mind when you start therapy. I helps focus your sessions, so you don't get distracted and waste those expensive sessions.

I think most therapists have been exposed to people with non-destructive fetishes like ours, and they should remain pretty neutral about it. I remember the couples counselor that my SO and I were going to see identified himself as a somewhat conservative christian, but he was really understanding about my DL side.