Im sure this question has been asked before

Status
Not open for further replies.

echodude25

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Ive been wondering this for a long time and Im sure its been asked. If you wear diapers for long enough, can you lose feeling?

The reason Im asking is, I go to bed with a dry diaper and wake up with a wet one.

Can't say I have, I started May 2014 and it's almost a year. Some say to them it have.

Ive been wearing diapers off and on for ten years. its not like i care if id lose feeling becuase ill still wear them no matter what

The longest time that I've ever worn consecutively was over a two day period, I wore day and night, except when I left the house, and I had no loss of feeling at all. I know two days isn't that much though.

RDBrony said:
I know two days isn't that much though.

I wear them 24/7. Im always in a diaper.

I only wear when people aren't around. Have every night but once now for I think two months. Just as potty training is associating going in a toilet. You can re-train you're habits to use a diaper instead. But some people have harder time than others breaking and forming new habits.

computerProgrammer said:
I only wear when people aren't around. Have every night but once now for I think two months. Just as potty training is associating going in a toilet. You can re-train you're habits to use a diaper instead. But some people have harder time than others breaking and forming new habits.

that makes since. so ive pretty much have trained myself to use a diaper instead of a toilet.

echodude25 said:
Ive been wondering this for a long time and Im sure its been asked. If you wear diapers for long enough, can you lose feeling?

The reason Im asking is, I go to bed with a dry diaper and wake up with a wet one.
I think what's happened is that the muscles that tighten and cause the, "gotta goes," may have relaxed or weakened. There are bladder strengthening exercises. See a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor muscles.

I can't say that I have actually "lost feeling" because of wearing diapers, but I usually wear them to bed almost every night(I am able to do this because I live alone) and when i am starting to wake up and the urge hits, I might not be fully conscious of the need to relieve myself, it just sort of happens and I seem to experience a general feeling of contentment and relief and most of the time i just roll over and go back into deeper sleep.:)

bluesman62 said:
(I am able to do this because I live alone) and when i am starting to wake up and the urge hits

i live with my boyfriend ( he doesnt have a problem with me wearing diapers, he kinda likes it to an extant). im fully awake when i see a full diaper and i dont wake up in the middle of the night

If I wear 24/7 enough, I do end up shrinking the bladder a bit more, so when I go back to big kid pants, I have to pee more often until I stretch my bladder again. I once in a long while do have wetting accidents at night, but usually I Have to be sick, drink too much alcohol, or take some very sleep inducing medicine. Usually if any of those is taking place, I will make sure I'm diapered. I've done periods of almost an entire month wearing them for everything, never had an issue of not feeling when I'm going.

I believe based on what I've gathered reading across Adisc and other sites regarding this topic that if you unthinkingly release whenever you have to go while wearing diapers 24/7, you may (intentionally or otherwise) train yourself subconsciously to go at any time the need arises. I don't think you will physiologically suffer for that or disable your body from being able to hold it. It's just a matter of training your body and your mind on how to act on it. Everyone's case is different though and depending on your age, health, and body conditions you may have a harder time undoing the process.

jeremyi said:
Everyone's case is different though and depending on your age, health, and body conditions you may have a harder time undoing the process.

i stopped wear them a while ago and it took me a while to get my bladder the way it should be but then i start wearing diapers again. as of now ive been wear diapers 24/7 for 2 years now

That probably depends a lot on the person, but judging from previous threads almost no one has started involuntarily wetting overnight (wetting their diaper without waking up) regardless of how long they've worn. There have been a couple exceptions, but it's very rare. I know I personally have gotten up and been changing for morning, thinking I hadn't used my diaper at all that evening, and been surprised by a diaper that was a bit wet. But in every case, when I thought about it, then I did recall "oh yeah, I did wake up once and wet a little before going back to sleep". It can be difficult to rememeber what goes on during short wakeups at night. So if you <i>do</i> happen to wake up wet, and don't recall going, maybe you did and just don't rememeber it. I think that may explain a chunk of those that think they've slipped slightly into IC from diaper wearing overnight.

bambinod said:
That probably depends a lot on the person, but judging from previous threads almost no one has started involuntarily wetting overnight (wetting their diaper without waking up) regardless of how long they've worn. There have been a couple exceptions, but it's very rare. I know I personally have gotten up and been changing for morning, thinking I hadn't used my diaper at all that evening, and been surprised by a diaper that was a bit wet. But in every case, when I thought about it, then I did recall "oh yeah, I did wake up once and wet a little before going back to sleep". It can be difficult to rememeber what goes on during short wakeups at night. So if you <i>do</i> happen to wake up wet, and don't recall going, maybe you did and just don't rememeber it. I think that may explain a chunk of those that think they've slipped slightly into IC from diaper wearing overnight.

As one who thinks he has regressed back to regular bed-wetting when diapered, I’m not so sure about the “not remembering” theory. If that were the case, how would one explain my wetting the bed (no diaper) at my folks place as well as a motel where it was the last thing I wanted and/or expected to happen. Nope, I can’t imagine waking and peeing into an unprotected bed away from home, especially at my folks place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back