railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like riding, taken Amtrak to Chicago and back 3 times, taken scenic trains too. Planning my big vacation next April... Toledo to Chicago, Chicago to Albuquerque then out to the Grand Canyon. Yes I know that the train goes all the way there, but there is no luggage service in Williams ... It's a 5 hr drive but we would be able to stop in our own (rental ) car

perlFerret said:
Me. If I had time, I'd love to get into trainspotting. I love diesel freight engines the most but heavy-built diesel passenger locomotives are cool too.
As a kid I spent most of my summers watching trains.
After 911 train spotting has become very hard. If you are close to or on RR property you can expect a RR bull to ask you to move along. If you are on public property look to see local law enforcement asking for some ID.

Ringer said:
As a kid I spent most of my summers watching trains.
After 911 train spotting has become very hard. If you are close to or on RR property you can expect a RR bull to ask you to move along. If you are on public property look to see local law enforcement asking for some ID.
Fortunately Uk police are not so gun ho with Train spotters and as long as on a station you are not causing an nuisance etc station staff are ok as well
Take a look at this video site http://www.britishrailways.tv/

parcelboy2 said:
Fortunately Uk police are not so gun ho with Train spotters and as long as on a station you are not causing an nuisance etc station staff are ok as well
Take a look at this video site http://www.britishrailways.tv/

Seems good :) . I've only recently got into the train spotting with modern trains, it just so happens I became involved in train spotting just in time to see tons of freight trains moving up and down the old GWR.

Yup. Love trains. Diesels are my favorite. I like taking the Hiawatha from Milwaukee to Chicago for fun sometimes. Just get on the train, 75 minutes later get off in Chicago, have a hot dog and wander around Union Station, get back on and head home. XD. I've always lived near rail lines. My favorite line is a short section of excepted-class track that used to connect a double-track main to a single-track main but since they tore up the single-track main some years ago, the short section now dead-ends in the only three customers left on it - Allis Chalmers Equipment Services (the only place in the world that services Allis Chalmers tractors), Toshiba DC Servo plant, and Avalon Rail, a private railcar restoration facility. All of those buildings use the sidings and rail equipment that used to feed Allis Chalmers when it was in business there.

I have a truck full of triple tracked train set. Lionel Electric Trains. I have been collecting them for years mixed sets odd and end engines. there about 50 feet of track I have now and a couple of switches. any way that what I have for a train set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back