Bedwetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave753

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been bedwetting since birth ( I am 20 years old). From urologic point of view no cause has been found, all various test trough years went ok.
Some Doc suggest that there could be connection with my hard sleep because full blader dont wake up.me.
From drugs I take Betmiga and Minirin Melt, both lowered bedwetting to 1-3 per week. Because I live in university dorms with roommate I wear diapers.

Can I do more with my problem?

Possibly an alarm of some kind. I vibrating one since you are living in the dorms with room mates.

I'm not an expert but it seems like you've got everything covered. Some people just have a hard time waking up from a deep sleep when it's time to go. If diapers offer a sense of security for you to know that you won't wake up to a wet bed in college, that seems to be perfectly fine.

Alarms are not efective for me - when I was younger I had one - it woke whole house but not me. In all those years I have tried pretty much everything including various drugs, the current combination is so far best

Interesting thing to find out is that bedwetting is more common than some people realize. Boys tend to have issues with it more than girls do, and the numbers are that at age 5, 15 percent of children are not dry at night, at age 12, three percent are still not dry at night. Even as old as eighteen, a small percentage of people wet the bed, and based on some estimates, as high as 1% of adults still experience episodes of it.

Some of us have tried the drugs and found unpleasant side effects without much improvement. Some people get great improvement. We all get different results, if you are getting good results with the regimen you are on, keep it up. Improving from there is something you should discuss with your doctor.

Reactions: Diprs2
I wet bed into my teens, still do sometimes unexpectedly but it has never bothered me that I am a bed wetter.

Never bothered me being a bedwetter either.

I've only ever really wet the bed a handful of times since I was a kid... I can't actually go to sleep if I didn't just just go to the washroom! Like even if I did an hour ago I have to go again, just because I have to xD. Probably have been over-trained to do that lol. I did have bladder issues as a kid, but I don't think I've actually bedwet more than a few times since I was 4. Honestly though, I always get thoughts that I want it to happen "just once"... Not to become a bedwetter - I'd hate that! And I'm super lazy so I'd never want to wash everything multiple times a week. But I do have thoughts that I'd want to do it accidentally just once or something ... And not from alcohol poisoning either! lol The most recent episode was litterally because of some medication that gave me strange nightmares, so I blame that (only a couple years ago)... But outside of that, if I'm otherwise normal, no dice...Even if I have to get up to pee 2 or 3 times that night. Actually I sleep pretty lightly - I wake up to almost everything. Even just a dog barking outside or the neighbours car moving... So I don't think I actually get enough deep sleep ever to actually bedwet anyway... Does that make me a mild insomniac? lol. I think the only times I ever did was because I had like 4-6 collective hours sleep over 2 or 3 days xD. Sorry for rambling...

Anyway...As for what you're doing, I can't say you can do more than try malem vibration alarms or something. I think everything else was covered. They look to be rather expensive comparatively imo though...

I know what it like I have been a bed wetter for years. I find I sleep so sound the house could fall down and wouldn't wake up. I all most never wake up I don't even move all night long.

Sometimes it is as important to get rid of the anxiety as it is to solve the problem. When I was little bed wetting was a sin and I was constantly anxious about it. Now in later life continence problems have escalated over a period of years. After all sorts of tests - some distinctly uncomfortable I wear a diaper almost all the time. A couple of years ago I was writing here that my good quality diaper reliably kept my bed dry at night. I don't know why but this is now not always the case. It really isn't much trouble to put the bed linen in the washer and have it dry by bedtime and although I would rather not have the difficulty it doesn't worry me and I am not going on another protracted search for a solution - especially if it involves wearing plastic pants that i strongly dislike!

Dave753 said:
I have been bedwetting since birth ( I am 20 years old). From urologic point of view no cause has been found, all various test trough years went ok.
Some Doc suggest that there could be connection with my hard sleep because full blader dont wake up.me.
From drugs I take Betmiga and Minirin Melt, both lowered bedwetting to 1-3 per week. Because I live in university dorms with roommate I wear diapers.

Can I do more with my problem?

You could try avoiding stuff with caffiene, watery fruits, and lessen drink intake after dinner (not to a dehydration state), if you aren't already. It won't cure the bedwetting, but it might help lessen the number of incidents and the severity of wettings during the night. One thing I tried before, that was somewhat successful, was setting an alarm for forty-five minutes to an hour after going to bed, and stumbling my way to the potty. Of course, with a room mate, that might not work for him.

Same here by the time the alarm woke me I had soaked the bed and woke the whole house as I was such a deep sleeper. Eventually it was just accepted I wet the bed and left to get on with it.

dayannight said:
Sometimes it is as important to get rid of the anxiety as it is to solve the problem. When I was little bed wetting was a sin and I was constantly anxious about it. Now in later life continence problems have escalated over a period of years. After all sorts of tests - some distinctly uncomfortable I wear a diaper almost all the time. A couple of years ago I was writing here that my good quality diaper reliably kept my bed dry at night. I don't know why but this is now not always the case. It really isn't much trouble to put the bed linen in the washer and have it dry by bedtime and although I would rather not have the difficulty it doesn't worry me and I am not going on another protracted search for a solution - especially if it involves wearing plastic pants that i strongly dislike!
Do you think the washable bed pads would help? Then you would be washing the pad and the bed would be dry. I keep one on my bed that I got in a pack of 4 on Amazon. I have six and two are in the laundry now. I have a heating pad underneath it so I can climb into a toasty bed every night. They keep the bottom sheet dry but if I am really wet my pajamas can still wick some moisture to the top sheet. With the double diapers that does not happen but sometimes I fall asleep in a pull up. Then if I do not have anything over it the moisture stays below.

Fascinating said:
Do you think the washable bed pads would help? Then you would be washing the pad and the bed would be dry. I keep one on my bed that I got in a pack of 4 on Amazon. I have six and two are in the laundry now. I have a heating pad underneath it so I can climb into a toasty bed every night. They keep the bottom sheet dry but if I am really wet my pajamas can still wick some moisture to the top sheet. With the double diapers that does not happen but sometimes I fall asleep in a pull up. Then if I do not have anything over it the moisture stays below.
I use washable bed pads in case I leak they are great for keeping me reasonably dry and comfortable through the night

Well,

Being a bed wetter since birth, and tried everything from drugs to cath...

For me diapers are the best...

I've got neurological problems...so not much can be done...

I wear 24/7's and rarely have a leak...

But keep a nice bed protector on the bed anyhow...

Do what works!

DBBaby said:
I know what it like I have been a bed wetter for years. I find I sleep so sound the house could fall down and wouldn't wake up. I all most never wake up I don't even move all night long.
Same here I sleep very deeply and just wet in my sleep.

I think that if u been doing it ur whole life , u would be used to ut. It's important to accept it. It sounds like u have done as much as possible. As for me , I only wet 3 -6 times a month, and it started after getting deeper sleep from using a cpap machine. It's been 2 yrs and I'm already used to it and I've accepted it. Now it gives me an actual need for diapers, which is fine by me.

I can relate to all of these comments. My bladder does not give a strong enough signal when I am asleep or even laying down. So I use disposables and or terry toweling and as big as possible plastic/rubber/euroflex pants over the lot. In my opinion if the plastic pants are very large but the elastics still are a snug fit they work very well.

I wet 5 of the last 6 nights. It is all by choice. I can stop any time I want.....maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back