Northshore Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

Quick question: In relation to Abena L4s, how thick are the Northshore Supremes?

I appreciate your responses,
Internet

Heck, while we're sat it...in a addition to the abenas, what's the thickness like compared to a bambino? (Classico, teddy, bianco)

This was more of a personal question. It wasn't intended to be a panel for comparison. I was curious as to the thickness in comparison to Abenas because I like Abenas but am curious about the new Supremes.

Also curious how the ATNs stack up in comparison to Depends w/ Tabs?

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with the Northshore Supremes is that they are very similar in thickness to the Abenas, maybe even a little thicker. The biggest difference I see is that they do not fall apart after they get very wet (like the Abenas do). The Northshores are a little stiff when you first put them on, but once you get used to that, they're great. They also don't leak nearly as much as the Abenas do. I've found that the Northshore briefs absorb all the way up the back of the diaper. I use these more than any other kind of diaper (especially at night). They do swell up and get pretty heavy when they are real wet (could be a pro or a con for you depending on your preference).

Internet said:
Hi all,

Quick question: In relation to Abena L4s, how thick are the Northshore Supremes?

I appreciate your responses,
Internet

While I don't have measurements (I have both brands in a medium tho), they are very close in thickness. To me, it's so close that I really couldn't tell a difference in thickness. The NorthShores look almost identical to the Abenas.

Just be sure to move the Northshore around before putting it on (ie stretch it out end to end, fold in half length wise, move it around in your hands, to help free up the padding.) They are very stiff. Moving it around will help break up the padding when you can move easier and it'll fit better. It also helps to fluff up the padding and makes it thicker.

dd1983 said:
My experience with the Northshore Supremes is that they are very similar in thickness to the Abenas, maybe even a little thicker. The biggest difference I see is that they do not fall apart after they get very wet (like the Abenas do). The Northshores are a little stiff when you first put them on, but once you get used to that, they're great. They also don't leak nearly as much as the Abenas do. I've found that the Northshore briefs absorb all the way up the back of the diaper. I use these more than any other kind of diaper (especially at night). They do swell up and get pretty heavy when they are real wet (could be a pro or a con for you depending on your preference).

The swelling is actually a plus for me. I like to be able to feel that I have a diaper on because for me, they're a comfort and/or coping mechanism for stress relief and other anxieties. Thank you for your response!
Mattew said:
While I don't have measurements (I have both brands in a medium tho), they are very close in thickness. To me, it's so close that I really couldn't tell a difference in thickness. The NorthShores look almost identical to the Abenas.

Just be sure to move the Northshore around before putting it on (ie stretch it out end to end, fold in half length wise, move it around in your hands, to help free up the padding.) They are very stiff. Moving it around will help break up the padding when you can move easier and it'll fit better. It also helps to fluff up the padding and makes it thicker.

If I were to purchase some of these:
1) Are they shipped discreetly?
2) By fluffing them up to spread out the padding, is it a similar effect that doing this to Depends w/ Tabs have? I hate when you can feel the individual clumps of SAP within the diaper.
3) Are these as crinkly as Abenas?

Thanks again,
Internet

Internet said:
The swelling is actually a plus for me. I like to be able to feel that I have a diaper on because for me, they're a comfort and/or coping mechanism for stress relief and other anxieties. Thank you for your response!

If I were to purchase some of these:
1) Are they shipped discreetly?
2) By fluffing them up to spread out the padding, is it a similar effect that doing this to Depends w/ Tabs have? I hate when you can feel the individual clumps of SAP within the diaper.
3) Are these as crinkly as Abenas?

Thanks again,
Internet

1) Are they Shipped discreetly?
Absolutely, if you buy them from Northshore. They are a really good company. There's even one of their guys on this site (NorthshoreAdam). He's very helpful. I contacted him awhile back because I accidentally order the wrong size. He got me in touch with someone in the returns department, and she helped me do the return and get them exchanged. Everything I've ever got from them has been in unmarked brown boxes. The only wording on the whole box has been on the shipping label. It's got their name and address. The name just says "Northshore". Just to be safe, I always add "discreet shipping" in the comments area on my order.

2)I can't speak to this one. Not sure. Maybe someone else can answer. They do have a video on their site with the Northshore briefs that shows some of the steps to help get them more flexible. I always add an additional step, that the video doesn't show. I always working it around to help fluff it up more and make it more flexible.

3) Mmmm...ummm...never really thought about that until now. I think the Northshore's crinkle more. But I'm not sure. Like I said, I've never really thought about that one before.

Mattew said:
1) Are they Shipped discreetly?
Absolutely, if you buy them from Northshore. They are a really good company. There's even one of their guys on this site (NorthshoreAdam). He's very helpful. I contacted him awhile back because I accidentally order the wrong size. He got me in touch with someone in the returns department, and she helped me do the return and get them exchanged. Everything I've ever got from them has been in unmarked brown boxes. The only wording on the whole box has been on the shipping label. It's got their name and address. The name just says "Northshore". Just to be safe, I always add "discreet shipping" in the comments area on my order.

2)I can't speak to this one. Not sure. Maybe someone else can answer. They do have a video on their site with the Northshore briefs that shows some of the steps to help get them more flexible. I always add an additional step, that the video doesn't show. I always working it around to help fluff it up more and make it more flexible.

3) Mmmm...ummm...never really thought about that until now. I think the Northshore's crinkle more. But I'm not sure. Like I said, I've never really thought about that one before.

Thank you for the lengthy response, Mattew.
I decided to go with Abena L4s because, being a student I have Amazon Prime for free, and I'd like them ASAP. :) I'll definitely keep Northshore in mind for the future.

Also anyone reading this thread, be aware that you can contact Northshore for a sample pack of their briefs to try out before buying an entire package.

For what it's worth I'll throw some input in.

I ordered a case of Abena from NorthShore via Amazon and to my delight they sent me a 2 pc sample of the supreme.

At first glance I was underwhelmed. No waistband...nothing that stuck out. But then I realized how thick they were. As thick if not thicker than the Abena's. They actually have a video on their site on how to "fluff" the supreme for use. I will say it was useful.

They are a pretty comfy diaper though they are more utilitarian then cute...well...extremely utilitarian. But it is a thirsty diaper that doesn't break down. That pulp/core holds together very well and soaks up a lot.

I would purchase them as they are a high absorbency diaper at a fair price. If you want it to be cute get some designer tapes - otherwise use as is. I've tried a ton of diapers in my day and honestly this is a pretty good one. They always ship discreet as they are a medical supply company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back