Baby Oil or butt paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Which do you prefer to use - Baby oil or lotion, or a brand of butt paste? Is one better than the other?

I've tried paste, and found that apparently I must be completely covered in the stuff once I open the tube; forehead, eyebrows, etc. I personally prefer baby oil gel.

If I use anything, it is a+d ointment

My preference is A+D if I think I'm going to be diapered for some time or have already been diapered a bunch. Alternates are baby oil gel as a close 2nd or baby lotion in 3rd place. Might be addicted to lavender baby powder >.>

I just use petroleum jelly (Vaseline or generic equivalent) and that seems to do quite well. I have been IC for over a year now and that seems to work perfectly. I have never had a diaper rash in my life. I also just use cornstarch baby powder with no perfume (no talcum because it's a carcinogen) and that also works wonders. Now I can understand that some people are conscientious about using baby skin care products but I buy that stuff easily off the shelf and most people think I am shopping for someone else's child when I get that stuff. Plus no one can tell your using that because of the lack of scent because most scents are actually skin irritants anyways. Also Cornstarch baby powder and petroleum jelly are rather cheap. I can buy 3 months worth of both for around $10.

To prevent rashes, or if I think I'm starting to get one I use Desitin cream. It's got the highest level of Zinc Oxide that I've found in rash stuff, like butt paste. Both Butt Paste and Desitin are hard to clean off your hands after applying. So I always use a glove to put it on, and then throw the glove away.

Anther than putting the cream on. I just use powder. The cream is only put on in certain spots that are starting to get irritated.

- - - Updated - - -

I will sometimes use lotion as well. But not very often. For me, I've found that powder works OK. Never used baby oil myself. Too messy for me.

I only use a good cornstarch baby powder, beware of baby oil and vaseline, they are both petroleum based products and not the healthiest thing for the skin, I have heard coconut oil works well, have not tried it

Also baby oil and any petroleum jelly like Vaseline can weaken plastics in diapers and cause a leak. Same warning with condoms. Not recommended if you are trying to prevent a leak.

I use baby oil and baby lotion in the morning, but I'm usually regressed at that point, so.......

I sometimes use baby lotion before putting a diaper on. I almost always use baby powder after I shower but I don't use baby powder if I am going to put another diaper on. I have never needed or used paste.

Boudreaux's Butt-Paste is in a tube, and seems to be a good candidate to carry in your diaper bag, rather than baby oil or lotion. I haven't tried the gel, but suspect eithert would be ideal to carry or to keep either at your job site for those 'occasions'.

blondiewoof said:
Which do you prefer to use - Baby oil or lotion, or a brand of butt paste? Is one better than the other?

My literal method after cleaning my diaper area is this: Baby oil completely the whole area, next Baby lotion lightly the whole area but mostly cheeks and abdomen, then Desitin specifically the back door and all over the berries and in the valleys, then the whole area gets dusted with Baby powder and i am ready to tape up =D

I tend to use the equate (walmart) brand diaper creame, its pretty much the same as the high zinc oxide content desitin and some corn starch baby powder. I use baby wipes to get it off my hands, seems to work pretty well. I have used petroleum jelly before. I never could get into using baby oil or baby lotion for some reason. I tend to have issues when wearing underwear and having a rash develop when its hot, so its kind of ironic, but I get less rashes when diapered than when not.

I must have a tough ass as in all my many diapered years I've never used oils, ointments or powders and despite many hours with #2 & overnights in wet diapers rash has never been an issue.

Nam Repaid said:
I must have a tough ass as in all my many diapered years I've never used oils, ointments or powders and despite many hours with #2 & overnights in wet diapers rash has never been an issue.
I myself never had a diaper rash. I accidentally fell asleep in a messy diaper before and I swore to myself that I would have a rash, but it never broke out. I spent several hours in wet diapers as well. I sometimes use powder as a part of my diapering not for rash prevention but the smell. I think my ass is more immune to it.

Aby said:
I only use a good cornstarch baby powder, beware of baby oil and vaseline, they are both petroleum based products and not the healthiest thing for the skin, I have heard coconut oil works well, have not tried it

I make my own oil with four parts sesame oil, one part vitamin E oil, and one part neem oil. This blend both cures and prevents diaper rash.

I have been wearing and wetting cloth diapers daily all my life. I used to get diaper rash in my earlier years, but not since I started using this oil mix. The last time I had any diaper rash was over fifteen years ago.

blondiewoof said:

Sudocream. Still using a 400gram bottle from almost 2 years ago and that includes 24/7 for a few months. It heals wounds extremely fast and can get rid of even severe diaper rash in less than 24 hours. Now since it's a paste it doesn't moisturize well which is why I use A&D for any minor rash problems or if I need to moisturize my skin for a longer period than baby lotion can handle.

- - - Updated - - -

Skunkdude said:
I make my own oil with four parts sesame oil, one part vitamin E oil, and one part neem oil. This blend both cures and prevents diaper rash.

I have been wearing and wetting cloth diapers daily all my life. I used to get diaper rash in my earlier years, but not since I started using this oil mix. The last time I had any diaper rash was over fifteen years ago.

Do you use any baking soda in your cloths? Once I started using that ontop of powder my rashes nearly vanished. Occasionally one pops up though it's not too bad considering how tight I love to make my cloths.

Krone6, I do not use baking soda. I'm sure there is more than one way to prevent rash.

I stopped using powder simply because the fine particles float over the whole room and constantly make the house dusty. I miss it, though.

Aby said:

With all due respect but my primary doctor recommended petroleum jelly herself and I have never had a rash before. You see if you use petroleum jelly improperly then yes it can make things worse. All you have to do in order to make it effective is clean your diaper area before you put on a diaper on and that does not occur. I have healthy skin and I am getting this information from a doctor who went to college for 10 years who knows what they are talking about. I know about a lot of things on Google that say otherwise but I have not seen sources of information that where unbiased or credible either to date yet. Basically take a shower clean your diaper area then put on the petroleum jelly right after you get dry and your good to go for the day. This is the other reason why I use baby wipes to clean myself. They can't remove the petroleum jelly when I get cleaned up in a public situation after a accident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back