Thread: New SpongeBob Movie

Thumbs up New SpongeBob Movie

I just saw the new SpongeBob movie in 3D and it was terrific! All the zanyness (?) of the shorts in an eighty minute film.

Wait, a spongebob movie that was actually good?
    That's impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    Wait, a spongebob movie that was actually good?
    That's impossible!

Maybe I'll give it a chance. I couldn't bear to watch the Smurfs movies, though. I think the last movie I enjoyed that mixed live action with cartoon characters was Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I'm looking forward to it. If the trailers are any indication, it's going to be a pretty awesome fun ride. The transitions are so far fetched that I think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

Maybe I'll give it a chance. I couldn't bear to watch the Smurfs movies, though. I think the last movie I enjoyed that mixed live action with cartoon characters was Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
    This might be an instance where it's better NOT to watch the original movie first, the first movie is widly credited as the point when the tv series started to decline in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    This might be an instance where it's better NOT to watch the original movie first, the first movie is widly credited as the point when the tv series started to decline in quality.
    Funny enough I loved the new movie and felt afterwords is when the show kicked the bucket. Although I have opposing feelings with the new movie its different animation style really worries me. I don't like change.

I don't like Sponge Bob because I always through the show was really stupid.

I was wondering how good that would actually be. Maybe I'll have to go see it this weekend.